Difference between 2.0 and max

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
I think you'd have to be an absolute top player to notice a difference between 2 mm and Max. Except with one of those racket-measuring thingies of course.

One of the "organisers" at my club's old fogey sessions - I put that in quotes as he could barely organise a visit to the adjacent supermarket - insists, purely on visual inspection, that my Aurus rubbers can't possibly be 2.1mm sponge, despite the fact thay they came out of a "2.1" packet. I have learnt to ignore this sort of nonsense.....

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
It is entirely possible for 2.0 to have LESS control than 2.2 or MAX.

2.0 sponge does not loop nearly as well as 2.2 or max. 0.2 mm makes a HUGE difference in the spin on loops using the sponge moreso than hitting through the ball.

Now for one who hits through the ball with more solid contact, a thinner sponge can give that kind of shot a higher degree of control and accuracy.

says Aging is a killer
Again it depends on the rubber and what you mean by fast. The max rubber will probably cause more curve on the ball's path, thus the time taken from hit to landing spot may be the same....or different depending on your stroke.
To answer directly, in practice the time difference between the rubbers is too small to matter.
Read again what Der Echte said above, it's a very good summary.