Dignics 05 vs Tenergy 05

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Up to a while ago, I could not enjoy playing T05. Now I can enjoy T05 and love it. I suppose when one matures in techniques then one can enjoy D05. It is just a phase all learning / developing players need to go through. Patience.
Nah. T05 supports a relatively relaxed topspin game compared to D05. Whether it is sponge hardness or topsheet elasticity or something else, regular T05 allows for a spin style that is a bit unique to it in terms of quality spin for lower levels of effort. Only Baracuda I can think of comes close but even then Baracuda is clearly much slower.

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I feel like Tenergy is just an inferior product to Dignics. Dignics can produce more spin but somehow it's also less spin sensitive. There is a reason why all the pros are using it - it is really good!
Statements like this don't make sense. How does the Dignics tangential COR change depending the type of impact? The rubber doesn't know if the ball is hitting the paddle or the paddle is hitting the ball?

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Agree. Didn't Tenergy come out in 2008? That is a long long time ago.

However, Butterfly and Yasaka are still charging $30 and change for Sriver and Mark V. Didn't those come out in the 1980's or shortly before then? What can you say if people are buying?
Sriver was introduced in 67, and Mark V in 69, making them 56 and 54 years old respectively. These rubbers were made to succeed the Butterfly Soft D13 and Yasaka Original, with the Original I believe dating back to 53.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
You hit on a different part of the racket and the COR will change.
So does the COR at a particular part of the paddle change? Does a particular part of the paddle know if it hit the ball or the ball hits it?
I am talking about the rubber. Why is it that people always want to add in other factors that are not relevant.

The logic I see on this forum amazes/escapes me. Using forum logic, I could distract all conversations here by saying they haven't taken into account the pull of the moon. The pull of the moon affects tides. Certainly the pull of the moon affects the trajectory of TT balls.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
So does the COR at a particular part of the paddle change?
No, it doesn't. How would it change? The material composition changes or what is your point? Sure maybe due to humidity it can change but are you really bringing in the Moon and the tides?

The racket's (but we can say blade + rubber) COR is not homogeneous across its whole surface. In the middle it is much higher than near the edges. Are you refuting this?
If you look at the rubber individually its COR is also not homogeneous on its entire surface. Though the more homogeneous it is the easier it is to predict during use.

Does a particular part of the paddle know if it hit the ball or the ball hits it?
Ehhh? You talk about the ball and the paddle like they are sentient beings. Smh.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Woman (who liked brokenball but likes Henry more): BB, I think I feel and act better around Henry, I smile more around him and have more fun with him than I do you.

BB: That is meaningless, what can he do as a a man that I cant? There is no money he can make that I can't, there is no joke he can tell that I can't and there is no car he can drive that I can't.

WOMAN: What part of his making me smile more and happier did you miss?

BB: if you cant explain how he makes you happier and why you act better and what makes you have more fun, you don't understand what you are talking about.

Woman: So I have to justify how I feel to you regardless of the reality of those feelings?
BB: Yes, if you cant explain love, it doesn't exist!

Woman: Sure (goes off with Henry)

THE END...

Two days later...

BB: So can you define what feeling is? You haven't learned anything!

WOMAN continues to enjoy Henry's company...

The real END...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Sriver was introduced in 67, and Mark V in 69, making them 56 and 54 years old respectively. These rubbers were made to succeed the Butterfly Soft D13 and Yasaka Original, with the Original I believe dating back to 53.
Wow! So Sriver should have a sales price of $14.98 and Mark V should have a sales price of $16.12.

Notice my sarcasm. Lol! :) :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
The main cost in making a rubber is the mold. It may take some fooling around with the chemical mix to get just the right sponge material with the right spin to speed ratio. After that, each rubber probably costs less than $5 to make. The price is determined by demand created by marketing which also adds to the cost.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Woman (who liked brokenball but likes Henry more): BB, I think I feel and act better around Henry, I smile more around him and have more fun with him than I do you.

BB: That is meaningless, what can he do as a a man that I cant? There is no money he can make that I can't, there is no joke he can tell that I can't and there is no car he can drive that I can't.

WOMAN: What part of his making me smile more and happier did you miss?

BB: if you cant explain how he makes you happier and why you act better and what makes you have more fun, you don't understand what you are talking about.

Woman: So I have to justify how I feel to you regardless of the reality of those feelings?
BB: Yes, if you cant explain love, it doesn't exist!

Woman: Sure (goes off with Henry)

THE END...

Two days later...

BB: So can you define what feeling is? You haven't learned anything!

WOMAN continues to enjoy Henry's company...

The real END...
Funny wannabee. So what have you achieved? You claim to have an engineer degree but can't compute the spin given a tangential brush stroke or similar like a ball rolling of a blade. You have kept what ever you know secret for so many years or maybe you haven't and you simply don't know anything to share.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Yes that is what I found too. Also I feel like Butterfly is way overcharging for an old gen product, it should really be like 70% of Dignics price rather than 90%. It's like Apple selling the prev gen iPhone for 90% of the price of the current gen iPhone - major ripoff ugh.
I see it the other way around. You can get Dignics for 112% the price of Tenergy. For 12% more, you get all the bells and whistles. What a steal. Compared to when it was first released in 4/2008, Tenergy now costs 149%. The price of Tenergy actually makes the decision of switching to Dignics really easy.

Can't say the same for ESN rubbers. Blue Star A1 is roughly 155-169% the price of Baracuda and Rasanter C53/C48 are 127-132% the price of Hexer. Compared to when they were first released in late 2009, Baracuda now costs 113% and Hexer costs 119%. Therefore, the price of ESN rubbers has actually crept up by a similar amount in the past decade.

And once you factor in typical usable life, the difference is even more obvious.

Koni
1 個月前
ラバー算 ごぶりんず調べ

G1    75日 99円
アイビス 90日 61円
国狂   150日 132円
C48   30日 264円
ディグ  120日 75円
ジキハイ 60日 128円
ライガンS 120日 38.5円
GTT   60日 64円
グレイザー 80日 75円
グレ09C 90日 67円
テナジー 60日 177円 [should be 133. 177 comes from dividing by 45 days]
Z2   60日 124円
狂飈  60日 95円
ロゼナ セミ 1780円

Reactions: blahness
D05 for FH, T05 for BH.

Will D05 be super trampolinish like MXP, the be all and end all of ESN bounciness.
No. Not at all. D05 is an amazing rubber. I would not consider it trampolinish at all. I've never played MXP, but I would say Tenergy 05 is somewhat trampolinish. D05 is way easier to control.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
LEARN NUMBERS, DON'T RELY ON SENSES.
Address a request to ©Butterfly domestic research group for actual results of the Schob bounce test. The Schob numerical index is a true measure of katapultive power on sponge and rubber. Remember forever --human senses are deceptive, Schob index is objective. Numbers rule the world, numbers make you a happy player in a level with Lord of the Universe. ☯

Last edited:
Reactions: brokenball
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
No. I play D05 on backhand. It's amazing.
You are on a higher level then.

For me just discovering T05 is like me first time eating Thai Tom Yum Kung. It is extremely spicy and acidic / sour a sure recipe for torture. After getting use to that spicy & acidic characteristic, you start to crave for it just like T05.
IMG_6030.jpeg

Reactions: jammmail