Dignics 05 vs Tenergy 05

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019

Interesting!
That it's slower is (almost) given, but it does not have to be by much, BTY list them with identical speed and spin.
Are You saying that when two rubbers are the same except by hardness, the slower ALWAYS has a lower arch?
I.e. Rakza 7 soft vs Rakza 7?

Cheers
L-zr

It would be slower I would say due to the softer sponge.

slower isn’t always lower arc. If u look at the Tenergy series or Dignics from T05 to T64 the arc gets lower as the rubber in question is faster. Ie t64 is faster with lower arc than T05. Same in the Dignics series.

Reactions: dajdosta
It would be slower I would say due to the softer sponge.

slower isn’t always lower arc. If u look at the Tenergy series or Dignics from T05 to T64 the arc gets lower as the rubber in question is faster. Ie t64 is faster with lower arc than T05. Same in the Dignics series.

Yes, that's what I meant.

But You can't compare apples to oranges, You have to compare the same type of rubbers i.e T05 vs T05 FX or Rakza 7 vs Rakza 7 soft.
It doesn't make sense in this context to compare T64 vs T05...

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I know this is waking up an old thread - but am interested to see if views have changed?

Mainly because after the weekend I'm looking at changing my rubbers over the summer. Ive played all season with 09c both sides but am thinking of going back to Tenergy or maybe on the BH at least. Im worried it will effect the short game too much but will gain in slow speed loops and 3/4 shots in rallies where I feel with D09c the speed builds and builds and gets harder to control. So either t05 fh and 05/19 bh or 09c fh and bh 05/19. Or try D80 on BH?
Has anyone else moved back to Tenergy from Dignics? if so pros/cons?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
But we aren't pros :-D
I agree it is really good and the spin sensitivity is great - and the hardest point to move away from, but I do think there is an ease of spin with Tenergy. I just wondered if anyone had changed back.

Dan for instance I think still uses Tenergy on FH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I feel like Tenergy is just an inferior product to Dignics. Dignics can produce more spin but somehow it's also less spin sensitive. There is a reason why all the pros are using it - it is really good!
Lots of pros are using Tenergy as well, especially the hard and the regular 05. The speed of Tenergy is better and the spin speed combination is arguably better for some players as well. Durability is not as big a deal to pros.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
I know this is waking up an old thread - but am interested to see if views have changed?

Mainly because after the weekend I'm looking at changing my rubbers over the summer. Ive played all season with 09c both sides but am thinking of going back to Tenergy or maybe on the BH at least. Im worried it will effect the short game too much but will gain in slow speed loops and 3/4 shots in rallies where I feel with D09c the speed builds and builds and gets harder to control. So either t05 fh and 05/19 bh or 09c fh and bh 05/19. Or try D80 on BH?
Has anyone else moved back to Tenergy from Dignics? if so pros/cons?
I’ve used both D05, D09C and T05 and find T05 much more suited to my game. It’s easier to generate good speed and spin and not really any harder to control in short. D05 just always felt a tad too hard to me. I like it both sides on some blades and with fx on Bh on others.

• Love
Reactions: JJ Ng and NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I’ve used both D05, D09C and T05 and find T05 much more suited to my game. It’s easier to generate good speed and spin and not really any harder to control in short. D05 just always felt a tad too hard to me. I like it both sides on some blades and with fx on Bh on others.
Not entirely sure that I would agree on the short game, but in the end, these are all individual things, but I know many players who prefer what Tenergy does to what Dignics does (and this is without getting into 09c which is a different animal entirely), and they prefer Tenergy 05 to Dignics 05 for example, or even Tenergy 05H to Dignics 09c.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I think that’s exactly it for me. Dignics is far better at the short game. I played a Lp pips player using Dignics and then tenergy and with tenergy your timing has to be so precise in comparison.
Yes that is what I found too. Also I feel like Butterfly is way overcharging for an old gen product, it should really be like 70% of Dignics price rather than 90%. It's like Apple selling the prev gen iPhone for 90% of the price of the current gen iPhone - major ripoff ugh.

Reactions: H3R0 and JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I think that’s exactly it for me. Dignics is far better at the short game. I played a Lp pips player using Dignics and then tenergy and with tenergy your timing has to be so precise in comparison.
Harder sponge is usually easier to control in short game so I think a fairer comparison is arguably harder Tenergy with Dignics 05, though 05Hard is more like Dignics 09c in sponge hardness. 05Hard was probably the first Tenergy I really liked and felt comfortable with.

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Yes that is what I found too. Also I feel like Butterfly is way overcharging for an old gen product, it should really be like 70% of Dignics price rather than 90%. It's like Apple selling the prev gen iPhone for 90% of the price of the current gen iPhone - major ripoff ugh.
Agree. Didn't Tenergy come out in 2008? That is a long long time ago.

However, Butterfly and Yasaka are still charging $30 and change for Sriver and Mark V. Didn't those come out in the 1980's or shortly before then? What can you say if people are buying?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Not entirely sure that I would agree on the short game, but in the end, these are all individual things, but I know many players who prefer what Tenergy does to what Dignics does (and this is without getting into 09c which is a different animal entirely), and they prefer Tenergy 05 to Dignics 05 for example, or even Tenergy 05H to Dignics 09c.
Fair comment. What I was trying to say was that I don’t find T05 to be prohibitively difficult to manage in the short game, but I do find it prohibitively difficult to manage D05 in my topspin game.

Reactions: NextLevel