Dignics 05 vs Tenergy 05

NDH

says Spin to win!
Hi guys I'm just looking for a straight difference between Tenergy 05 and Dignics 05

I've already answered this in other threads, but for ease....

Tenergy 05:

• Easier to generate spin on slower shots (good if you have a slower arm speed or find yourself out of position a lot.
• Softer sponge, but it's not an issue after some practice.
• Bouncier and more spin responsive - Makes it harder to keep the ball short on serve receives or touch shots
• Higher arc - More of a "traditional" loop arc (like a nice big rainbow).

Dignice 05:

• Harder sponge - Again, after playing for a while, I don't think this is an issue
• Lower arc - Despite the increased spin on a similar shot, the ball will fly lower to the net in more of a straight line. This is very deceptive and people will misjudge the sheer amount of spin on the ball.
• Top end spin is greater.
• Less spin responsive, which makes control and touch much better.

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019

I've already answered this in other threads, but for ease....

Tenergy 05:

• Easier to generate spin on slower shots (good if you have a slower arm speed or find yourself out of position a lot.
• Softer sponge, but it's not an issue after some practice.
• Bouncier and more spin responsive - Makes it harder to keep the ball short on serve receives or touch shots
• Higher arc - More of a "traditional" loop arc (like a nice big rainbow).

Dignice 05:

• Harder sponge - Again, after playing for a while, I don't think this is an issue
• Lower arc - Despite the increased spin on a similar shot, the ball will fly lower to the net in more of a straight line. This is very deceptive and people will misjudge the sheer amount of spin on the ball.
• Top end spin is greater.
• Less spin responsive, which makes control and touch much better.

Totally agree I had typed a similar answer earlier but lost it and then didn’t have time to re-type lol

To put in the mix D80 would definitely be worth a try as it sits in between T05 and D05 but definitely closer to D80. It feels softer than D05 as softer topsheet and easier to use. D05 has monster spin but technique has to be very good to get best out of it, D80 is more forgiving plus blocks and punch shots are easy!

I have been using D80 for over 2 years prior to that I tried D05 moving from T05 and I found D05 great when technique was spot on but unforgiving when it wasn’t. I moved to D80 and found it easier to use without really losing the benefits of D05. Bach then my bh was T as good and stable as it is now so I have contemplated trying D05 again but no point changing something that’s working so well. I’m thinking of getting a spare blade same as what I use LGY Alc so I have one for training one for comps/matches and I can test rubbers on one if I feel like it without ever disrupting my main set up.

im actually not sure why everyone goes for the popularity of D05 and even D64 seems more widely used than D80 but I find D80 great and is so spinny where I have won so many points outright when my bh open up is blocked out by opponent.

NDH

says Spin to win!

p.

im actually not sure why everyone goes for the popularity of D05 and even D64 seems more widely used than D80 but I find D80 great and is so spinny where I have won so many points outright when my bh open up is blocked out by opponent.

If I had to guess.....

Most pros use D05 and before that T05.

It feels like the "05" rubber is considered the "best" - Not many people used T80 and I've not seen much fanfare for D80 (other than you saying you like it! 😂)

It's also expensive to "try" Dignics if you aren't sure you'll like it, and the 05 rubbers feel a safer bet!

Just guesswork though!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018

Totally agree I had typed a similar answer earlier but lost it and then didn’t have time to re-type lol

To put in the mix D80 would definitely be worth a try as it sits in between T05 and D05 but definitely closer to D80. It feels softer than D05 as softer topsheet and easier to use. D05 has monster spin but technique has to be very good to get best out of it, D80 is more forgiving plus blocks and punch shots are easy!

I have been using D80 for over 2 years prior to that I tried D05 moving from T05 and I found D05 great when technique was spot on but unforgiving when it wasn’t. I moved to D80 and found it easier to use without really losing the benefits of D05. Bach then my bh was T as good and stable as it is now so I have contemplated trying D05 again but no point changing something that’s working so well. I’m thinking of getting a spare blade same as what I use LGY Alc so I have one for training one for comps/matches and I can test rubbers on one if I feel like it without ever disrupting my main set up.

Hi Dipak - bit of a cross over with the thread I started which is similar. so thanks for your input with NDH :)

Have you got D09c and D80 on your Harimoto - if so how much does it weight? I have one also but, I'm just not getting on with it and i think its just down to it being heavier than the other blades I've had/tried!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018

If I had to guess.....Most pros use D05 and before that T05.It feels like the "05" rubber is considered the "best" - Not many people used T80 and I've not seen much fanfare for D80 (other than you saying you like it! 😂)It's also expensive to "try" Dignics if you aren't sure you'll like it, and the 05 rubbers feel a safer bet!Just guesswork though!

i think your right - though I do remember Dan doing a video a while back saying D80 was amazing but i think Covid hit and I dont think they have spoken much about it since

Found the video

Last edited:
Reactions: NDH
This user has no status.

If I had to guess.....

It feels like the "05" rubber is considered the "best" - Not many people used T80 and I've not seen much fanfare for D80 (other than you saying you like it! 😂)

It's also expensive to "try" Dignics if you aren't sure you'll like it, and the 05 rubbers feel a safer bet!

Just guesswork though!

Yes well the 05 rubber is the best because they have tons of spin and plenty of speed as well

NDH

says Spin to win!

Yes well the 05 rubber is the best because they have tons of spin and plenty of speed as well

I think this very thread will highlight that "best" is very personal, and whilst it may be "best" to you, it won't be to others.

I use 09c on my Forehand - I think it's "best" for me (offers more control, spin and touch than D05 for example).

Is it the "best" rubber for everyone? No. Not even close.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019

If I had to guess.....

Just guesswork though!

Your right it comes down to marketing, t05 released first and then new ones being less popular and I believe D@505 running on the huge success of T05 and together with most pros using D05 it means most people will follow the most popular one.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019

Hi Dipak - bit of a cross over with the thread I started which is similar. so thanks for your input with NDH :)

Have you got D09c and D80 on your Harimoto - if so how much does it weight? I have one also but, I'm just not getting on with it and i think its just down to it being heavier than the other blades I've had/tried!

I’m not using Harimoto anymore I bought it to try but found bit too slow away from table so I’m using Lin Gaoyuan ALC, I have tried to update my profile but it just won’t do it lol…
but my Harimoto weighed 92g and total set up was 191g

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I’m not using Harimoto anymore I bought it to try but found bit too slow away from table so I’m using Lin Gaoyuan ALC, I have tried to update my profile but it just won’t do it lol…
but my Harimoto weighed 92g and total set up was 191g

If you are on a web browser, and you go to the top right and click on your profile, and in the drop down window, click on "General Settings" and then click on "Edit Profile" that is how you can edit your equipment:

Screen%20Shot%202022%2002%2022%20at%208%2038%2037%20AM%20png.png

Screen%20Shot%202022%2002%2022%20at%208%2039%2004%20AM%20png.png

Screen%20Shot%202022%2002%2022%20at%208%2039%2041%20AM%20png.png

Screen%20Shot%202022%2002%2022%20at%208%2040%2018%20AM%20png.png

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Your a star I was trying in wrong place before!! Cheers buddy

Unfortunately, I have answered that question quite a few times. But, as a moderator, I feel that is part of what I am supposed to do. Hopefully, some year, the other way to edit that will be fixed. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews

Unfortunately, I have answered that question quite a few times. But, as a moderator, I feel that is part of what I am supposed to do. Hopefully, some year, the other way to edit that will be fixed. :)

Awesome - solved my problem too! Thx :)

This user has no status.

I think this very thread will highlight that "best" is very personal, and whilst it may be "best" to you, it won't be to others.

I use 09c on my Forehand - I think it's "best" for me (offers more control, spin and touch than D05 for example).

Is it the "best" rubber for everyone? No. Not even close.

Omg I meant to say good