Dignics 80 and Tenergy 05 alternatives

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
I'm a bit of a mild equipment junkie but I think I've finally found the feel combination that fits me and my playstyle.

I'm currently rocking a Yinhe V14 Pro (mass produced version)
Tenergy 05 on the forehand
Dignics 80 on the backhand

TL:DR , I'm looking for a relatively lower price than these rubbers - but comparatively same feeling AND more significantly - same weight after cutting.

Long story;

I reallize it's quite my fault that I consciously avoided trying the tenergy and dignics rubbers because of their cost - and when i finally tried them It turned out that they were actually the rubbers that I'd really like.
But now I'm fearing that again due to the cost - this might not be sustainable for me.

I'm open to again trying my luck in other rubbers and brands - but i'm more concerned now about something else - the weight.
The most surprising thing about the butterfly rubbers is that they're actually light weight - (is it just me?) Compared to several rubbers I've tried, they both feel light on the hand. The last rubber I used is Stiga's dragongrip and that was significantly heavy. So that's why i'm actually looking for a relatively similar feeling rubber with same weight.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I'm a bit of a mild equipment junkie but I think I've finally found the feel combination that fits me and my playstyle.

I'm currently rocking a Yinhe V14 Pro (mass produced version)
Tenergy 05 on the forehand
Dignics 80 on the backhand

TL:DR , I'm looking for a relatively lower price than these rubbers - but comparatively same feeling AND more significantly - same weight after cutting.

Long story;

I reallize it's quite my fault that I consciously avoided trying the tenergy and dignics rubbers because of their cost - and when i finally tried them It turned out that they were actually the rubbers that I'd really like.
But now I'm fearing that again due to the cost - this might not be sustainable for me.

I'm open to again trying my luck in other rubbers and brands - but i'm more concerned now about something else - the weight.
The most surprising thing about the butterfly rubbers is that they're actually light weight - (is it just me?) Compared to several rubbers I've tried, they both feel light on the hand. The last rubber I used is Stiga's dragongrip and that was significantly heavy. So that's why i'm actually looking for a relatively similar feeling rubber with same weight.
Tenergy 05: Mizuno Q quality
D80: Tronix acc, zgr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
I'd say let him play with a different set of rubbers, see how it holds up. If it doesn't then back to butterfly. If it does, yay.
i thought this might be what it will boil down to. I'll keep the T05 because, well i really like the feel of it, but the D80 i'll switch to something cheaper and about the same weight. hopefully I don't have to again go through every popular rubber to find out that it's still the D80 i'll end up with.

thanks to all that replied with their suggestions... will keep them in mind when i order!

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Nope stop right there, you'r Ejing. Nothing feels like Tenergy or Dignics. Especially that weight of theirs is a key characteristic most other rubbers dont have.
This.
Even if the playing characteristics are similar of a certain rubber the over all feel and timing on a significantly heavier setup will be different and take time to get used to.