Dignics on a Budget?! | Glayzer vs Glayzer 09C Review

Although 98% a bit exaggerate, but I tend to agree with you.

The only drawback I've learned from some reviews is that the ball doesn't enough quality to kill at the top level, which is why no pros use this rubber. IDK. That doesn't matter for beginner or intermediate players like me, does it?

You're right, BTY also confirmed about the speed. But the review said that Rozena is about 10% slower than T05. I'm not sure which one is correct. It's possible that the testing approach may be different.

The reviews from the Japanese national team show that this rubber can do just about anything if the techniques are right. So “Rozena is half price of Tenergy and is basically 98% of the performance.” maybe correct! Or at least 80-90%?
Look at their t-shirt,s and guess who is sponsoring 😉

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
It may not be the case for you, but I think it's common for clubs to want to make extra money on top of their coaching and membership fees.
Yes I agree. My club coach sets up the newbies with Butterfly ALC with two sheets of Tenergy. Assuming the margin is 50%, that's like $180 profit there! I would personally set some newbie up with Tibhar Stratus Power Wood for $45, with a sheet of Xiom Vega Europe or Rakza 7 soft. The margin on that, assuming 50%, is only $66. $180 v.s. $66! I will choose the former.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Yes I agree. My club coach sets up the newbies with Butterfly ALC with two sheets of Tenergy. Assuming the margin is 50%, that's like $180 profit there! I would personally set some newbie up with Tibhar Stratus Power Wood for $45, with a sheet of Xiom Vega Europe or Rakza 7 soft. The margin on that, assuming 50%, is only $66. $180 v.s. $66! I will choose the former.
Your trainers have a very cruel attitude towards beginners. The Tenergy + ALC set can show even experienced players how technically imperfect they are, and a beginner will feel like nothing at all. Is this the coach's idea :) ?

Reactions: kindof99 and Kopp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Your trainers have a very cruel attitude towards beginners. The Tenergy + ALC set can show even experienced players how technically imperfect they are, and a beginner will feel like nothing at all. Is this the coach's idea :) ?
It is the coach's idea. But I am not the one paying rent and everything. Coaching in N. America really does not make that much money. Training is also physically taxing so if he needs to make some money on the equipment front, I cannot blame him. I own a small business myself so I know how much rent and employee cost to a business so I keep my mouth shut.

The newbies are addicted to that combination so when they try my equipment, they find it "slow." My equipment is really not THAT slow in the grand scheme of things.

I do play with the newbies so I correct their techniques a bit here and there. And then when they are done with their Tenergy and Dignics in a couple months, I will try to score them off of them. Lol. I guess that's the perk when all your friends/clubmates are playing with Tenergy and Dignics.

In the club, all experienced players don't use Butterfly. We usually get together once in a while to order a large shipment to get 30% discount from TT11. Some would get Stiga Dragon grips v.s. Tibhar Revolution v.s. Rakza etc. So we would all play with alternatives. That is just the way it works in the club.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I finally got to try regular glayzer today on viscaria. Let me tell you it looks and plays almost exactly like the $15 Loki T3. Its fairly fast with kinda a matte surface and lack of spin.
I have not played with Loki T3. So $55 rubber on one hand v.s. $15 rubber on the other hand...lol...I wonder which one I would choose!

I should get a Loki T3 just to piss off my clubmates who have bought Glayzer. :) :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
I finally got to try regular glayzer today on viscaria. Let me tell you it looks and plays almost exactly like the $15 Loki T3. Its fairly fast with kinda a matte surface and lack of spin.
I also tried the Glazer 1.9 on a viscaria type blade and it seemed to me very controllable in blocks, I would even call it the king of the block, but as for the rotations, I did not like the lack of the ability to play with a thin touch, the rotation is only using the sponge. Glazer forehand I couldn't play at all, but that's not surprising since I've only played sticky forehand rubbers for a long time. I tried only one N-80 rubber from Loki and I am so disappointed with it that I have no desire to buy other rubbers from this company, but Loki is praised so much here that my ej starts to think 🙂

Reactions: kindof99
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I also tried the Glazer 1.9 on a viscaria type blade and it seemed to me very controllable in blocks, I would even call it the king of the block, but as for the rotations, I did not like the lack of the ability to play with a thin touch, the rotation is only using the sponge. Glazer forehand I couldn't play at all, but that's not surprising since I've only played sticky forehand rubbers for a long time. I tried only one N-80 rubber from Loki and I am so disappointed with it that I have no desire to buy other rubbers from this company, but Loki is praised so much here that my ej starts to think 🙂
What didn’t you like about N-80?
If you don’t like N-80, how about H3? For me they are pretty similar.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Regular glazer is capable of high spin levels if you catch the ball correctly, compared to some other rubbers the margin of catching the ball correctly may be less. If you use it on a Viscaria I would say that the margin for catching the ball correctly is lesser still, therefore Glazer may appear to lack spin.
Perhaps it’s not user friendly regarding spin levels!!
Agreed, It is good for blocking!!
when serving with Glazer, I found the spin levels to be good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Regular glazer is capable of high spin levels if you catch the ball correctly, compared to some other rubbers the margin of catching the ball correctly may be less. If you use it on a Viscaria I would say that the margin for catching the ball correctly is lesser still, therefore Glazer may appear to lack spin.
Perhaps it’s not user friendly regarding spin levels!!
Agreed, It is good for blocking!!
when serving with Glazer, I found the spin levels to be good.
If you like Glayzer, go ahead and try the T3. It won't cost you much, and i really think they are so similar

Reactions: IB66
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
If you like Glayzer, go ahead and try the T3. It won't cost you much, and i really think they are so similar
Now the season has finished, it’s EJ time!!
Haven’t used the Glazer/G09C combo for a month or so.
went back to Rakza Z / Rakza Z EH combo for a few weeks! Chalk and Cheese!! The Rakza Z’s feel and sound way softer!!
Tonight, I played with Tau 2 on both wings, on the same SDC 7+2 ply blade the Rakza Z’s are on (I have 2 very similar SDC 7+2 blades, about 5Hz frequency difference) Tau 2 played very nicely, somewhere in between RZ and the glazers for feel, softer than Glazers harder than RZ’s.
Also gave Jekyll & Hyde H 52 a run out for 1 game on FH, Andro Hexer Grip on BH mounted on a ZJ ALC, so, a much faster blade, played some good FH loops!! The Hexer Grip is gonna have to come off!! Looks like LAC is going to be ordered!!

Reactions: latej

_ak

This user has no status.
prefer the hurricanes and tacky rubbers on FH wing,
D09C and G09C are only 'barely' tacky, they are virtually non tacky !!! but that slight tackiness does make a difference.
Meanwhile Hurricane became less tacky and many Chinese rubbers won't hold the ball at all but amateurs keep craving tackinness

• Love
Reactions: NextLevel