Does Rakza 7 generate good spin?

Does Rakza 7 generate good spin? Is it spinny with decent speed? I imagine that it has very good control.
Absolutely, if you have the skills. Not like Tenergy spin but still pretty good. But there are other rubbers I think is better. One is Donic accuda blue, it plays in the same league, I like it for my BH.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
Does Rakza 7 generate good spin? Is it spinny with decent speed? I imagine that it has very good control.
Yes and so does most rubber. Spin generation is not an exclusive attribute rather is a baseline attribute of any TT rubber.

Thanks, does it also mean it is harder to control?
Yes it does. I think it’s heavier too but I don’t remember exactly. I made the mistake to put it on my Stiga offensive exclusive, and it became way too fast.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Control is a relative thing. I always liked the speed/spin ratio the R7 offers but I would add that with the P-ball it leans more towards speed than spin
That's really interesting. I had an opposite observation. I could get a loooot of spin, but could not get that much power of it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Rakza 7 is my favorite rubber. It has the right spin to speed ratio so I can make loops that arc and land at the side edges of the table where the ball is out of reach. I get my Rakza 7 from tabletennis11 where they have a get 4 for the price of 3 deal. My practice partners also use Rakza 7.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Rakza 7 is my favorite rubber. It has the right spin to speed ratio so I can make loops that arc and land at the side edges of the table where the ball is out of reach......
One my ever favorites together with the Rakza X which replaced 7 on my FH since the introduction of the new ball. I come to the RX every now and then when in doubt what to use on my FH and respectively R7 on the BH

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
It is funny how everyone has different opinions. But that's the truth. Everyone plays differently.

I have always like Yasaka products from the days of Mark V. Their top sheets are great and they last like forever!

I have like Rakza 7, Rakza 7 soft and Rakza X when I experimented with them. Great rubbers.

However, I always went back to my Nittaku Fastarc G-1.

I guess each of our physique, stroke, and technique is different. That's why there are so many different rubbers there.

I have not played with Donic or Joola products. I have played with EL-P and MX-P. Good but they lose grippiness fast. Tenergy, I have seen some rubbers where the edges are pealing off. Do those Tenergy rubbers still play well for the owners? Yes. But just looking a bit "worn down" around the edges, figuratively and literally.

Mar 2021
It is funny how everyone has different opinions. But that's the truth. Everyone plays differently.

I have always like Yasaka products from the days of Mark V. Their top sheets are great and they last like forever!

I have like Rakza 7, Rakza 7 soft and Rakza X when I experimented with them. Great rubbers.

However, I always went back to my Nittaku Fastarc G-1.

I guess each of our physique, stroke, and technique is different. That's why there are so many different rubbers there.

I have not played with Donic or Joola products. I have played with EL-P and MX-P. Good but they lose grippiness fast. Tenergy, I have seen some rubbers where the edges are pealing off. Do those Tenergy rubbers still play well for the owners? Yes. But just looking a bit "worn down" around the edges, figuratively and literally.
Yasaka fanboi LOL!

Just an ESN fanboi giving a Yasaka fanboi a shout-out.

ESN is loved for their stupendous extreme trampoline effect. Some love it and they stick with it, some don't and they go to other brand. To each their own. TT embraces diversity!

IMG_5829.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Yasaka fanboi LOL!

Just an ESN fanboi giving a Yasaka fanboi a shout-out.

ESN is loved for their stupendous extreme trampoline effect. Some love it and they stick with it, some don't and they go to other brand. To each their own. TT embraces diversity!

View attachment 25328
I like the Yasaka Ma Lin blade series, whether it is all wood or carbon composite. They are made really well and priced competitively! I still own two blades in that series. Neither has rubbers on them though. They are waiting for my worn out H3 neo and G-1 to be placed on them in the future. I think Yasaka Ma Lin series carbon are not too fast. Sometimes I have to say kudo for an equipment company where they know the products are popular and are of good quality, but yet they do not jack up the price excessively.

Mar 2021
I like the Yasaka Ma Lin blade series, whether it is all wood or carbon composite. They are made really well and priced competitively! I still own two blades in that series. Neither has rubbers on them though. They are waiting for my worn out H3 neo and G-1 to be placed on them in the future. I think Yasaka Ma Lin series carbon are not too fast. Sometimes I have to say kudo for an equipment company where they know the products are popular and are of good quality, but yet they do not jack up the price excessively.
Yes yes yes! I also owned Yasaka Ma Lin all wood ( five ply version ) in the past but sold it to another player. I have a fellow club-mate who uses the Yasaka Ma Lin All-Wood ( seven ply version ) and through borrowing it from him, I managed to sample it. I recall that at that time, it was too stiff and rigid for me. Buy if you ask me to play with it now, perhaps I will love it. Stiff & rigid whilst paired with trampolinish ESN rubber: Just the type of attributes that I love these days.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I have a Ma Lin Yasaka Extra Offensive ( YEO ) C-pen with Rakza 7 soft Max on the FH. It loops very well.
You can see I loop many balls from below the net height. I don't normally play c-pen, but I made this video in support of the c-pen players. I think playing c-pen is as natural as playing shake hands. The physocs don't change.
The BH rubber I put together using a cheap sponge from zeropong and LKT Pro. top sheet. I glued them together. The BH rubber costs about $12. You can see that I am very effective with the cheap rubber on my BH. It is all about the skill of the player but I do get caught in awkward situations from time to time playing c-pen. To me this is just a mental exercise. The physics of what the ball will do when hit in a certain way doesn't matter if you are playing c-pen or shake hands.