Edges of rubber not stuck down aswell?

says Inner Carbon is King
Jun 2023
1711708854978.png
Hi, my friend has just glued up my bat for me, and as you can see, near the edges it isnt stuck down as well. Does anyone know how this might affect how it plays? Has the Rakza Z got good enough durability to take off the rubber and reglue so it has a more even glue? I'm just a bit concerned becuase i dont always hit the centre or my racket

Jun 2023
Top ply sealed? -> sand it a little
Rubbers cut with scissors? -> learn to do it properly or use a cutting knife

You should not play with it that way and take it off and reglue it as soon as possible.
Staying with it will negatively affect playing and will increase the non sticky part quickly
Why do you reccommend sanding it? Thanks for the advice I will get it reglued

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
Why do you reccommend sanding it? Thanks for the advice I will get it reglued
Just a little sanding.
When a blade is sealed too much (which often happens) it is too even and gentle touches can peel the rubber off.
A little sanding increases the surface and makes it rougher, holding the rubber better

Reactions: riemsesy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
There could be several reasons for why the edges are not probably glued. If the blade is sealed, then as mentioned by others here, you could sand the blade to increase the surface roughness and thereby get a better bonding when applying the glue. When using glue with low viscosity it is a good idea to apply two layers of glue on the blade and rubber to get a proper adhesive between them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Alternatively you(or your friend) can get a stronger more reliable glue like Donic Formula First and reglue the rubber. It's non ammonia based, thin, and more reliable and easy to work with than many other ammonia latex glues I've tried.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
My problem is the blades I use are factory sealed and they do too good of a job. The top is often not stuck on properly.

I have not sanded my blade. My solution is to take the rubber off and do it again.

And that's why I moved away from Revolution 3 regular viscosity and I am now using Butterfly free Chack pro II, and put two layers on the blades and two layers on the rubber, with extra glue near the top.

Pressing it down is useless. In fact, I have abandoned my Revolution 3 racket pressor. It is useless. Unless you get the glue job right the first time it does not matter how long you press on it with the racker pressor: the result is the same. Racket pressor or putting heavy books on top of the racket after a glue job is a waste of time.

Reactions: TackyForehand
Jun 2023
My problem is the blades I use are factory sealed and they do too good of a job. The top is often not stuck on properly.

I have not sanded my blade. My solution is to take the rubber off and do it again.

And that's why I moved away from Revolution 3 regular viscosity and I am now using Butterfly free Chack pro II, and put two layers on the blades and two layers on the rubber, with extra glue near the top.

Pressing it down is useless. In fact, I have abandoned my Revolution 3 racket pressor. It is useless. Unless you get the glue job right the first time it does not matter how long you press on it with the racker pressor: the result is the same. Racket pressor or putting heavy books on top of the racket after a glue job is a waste of time.
Yh he has revolution, i'll get some better glue

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
The other thing is to let the glue dry on both blade and rubber before doing putting the rubber on the blade (some use a blow dryer to quicken the process). Sometimes the glue being too wet let's the glue layers absorb each other without bonding so you don't get adhesion between the layers but a thick layer absorbed to either the blade or the rubber.

Takes patience if you don't have a blow drier but give it at least 20 minutes even if you are impatient. If you are patient, letting the rubber glue layer dry is best. Getting the positioning right the first time is important as if you need to move the rubber around on the blade, that affects the adhesion.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
The other thing is to let the glue dry on both blade and rubber before doing putting the rubber on the blade (some use a blow dryer to quicken the process). Sometimes the glue being too wet let's the glue layers absorb each other without bonding so you don't get adhesion between the layers but a thick layer absorbed to either the blade or the rubber.

Takes patience if you don't have a blow drier but give it at least 20 minutes even if you are impatient. If you are patient, letting the rubber glue layer dry is best. Getting the positioning right the first time is important as if you need to move the rubber around on the blade, that affects the adhesion.
Butterfly Free Chack Pro II is thick. Revolution 3 normal viscosity is thin and a bit "running." As a result, Butterfly Free Chack Pro II just dries a lot quicker than Revolution 3 normal viscosity if all conditions being equal.

I have no problem boosting. I just boost before going to bed and leave the rubber alone for 24 hours before applying another layer of booster the next day again. But when I am ready to glue the rubber onto the blade, I am a bit more impatient so I would like to use rubber that dries faster.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
not really - depends on which books. when i use the dictionary i play much more creative. when i use spicy magazines my shots are much more explosive ;)
Lol, maybe we should go out and buy some encyclopedia to put on the rubber! That way, our strategy will be more complicated when we play due to all the knowledge we get from the encyclopedia! :) :)

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
No need to sand the blade, just the edge.
maybe , maybe not. whether you only sand the edges or the whole blade, the most important thing is that when sanding use a block and make 100% sure you do not sand the edges round . I sand the whole surface when the blade surfaces have a high gloss from the varnishing. It is called breaking the gloss and as mentioned above, it allows the glue to key into the blade surface.
If the glue has been spread nicely and evenly and been given a chance to properly dry, then when the two surfaces are offered up to one-another it sticks like shit to a blanket, (as the saying goes) and using a press or books or a concrete- block is not really necessary. But it makes me feel good doing it, so i do it. 😁