Everything about WCQ

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Probably no previous CNT main players has as controversial reputation among chinese TT fans as WCQ. There are many WCQ fans following him and supporting him everywhere. On the other hand, many Tieba and other amateur players do not like him even a little bit. A lot of people even considered it a new year festival when WCQ lost to Jang Woojin in the WTTTC. There has never been a top CNT player in the situation like WCQ's before. What is your take on him?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Probably no previous CNT main players has as contradictory reputation among chinese TT fans as WCQ. There are many WCQ fans following him and supporting him everywhere. On the other hand, many Tieba and other amateur players do not like him even a little bit. A lot of people even considered it a new year festival when WCQ lost to Jang Woojin in the WTTTC. There has never been a top CNT player in the situation like WCQ's before. What is your take on him?
Hes my favorite player today. Seems really talented with good fh and bh. He has a fierce yet stable style. He looks to me like his fh is 5% worse than ML and his bh is 5% better.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Probably no previous CNT main players has as contradictory reputation among chinese TT fans as WCQ. There are many WCQ fans following him and supporting him everywhere. On the other hand, many Tieba and other amateur players do not like him even a little bit. A lot of people even considered it a new year festival when WCQ lost to Jang Woojin in the WTTTC. There has never been a top CNT player in the situation like WCQ's before. What is your take on him?
What are the reasons for people not liking WCQ?

Reactions: Atas Newton

ZFT

This user has no status.

ZFT

This user has no status.
Dec 2021
There was a time he was considered the “lesser” of the big 3 wunderkids coming through between himself, Harimoto and LYJ.

By virtue of having access to better resources, training, coaching, practice partners, structure, etc he is fully realising his talent - which naturally causes some jealousy.

Also he is quite tall, good looking and has a fervent supporter base (in unison with SYS) further compounding the inadequacy of the “haters”

Tall poppy syndrome I think is the term. CR7 (now arguably Kylian Mbappe), Lebron in basketball, Serena in tennis come to mind as other highest achievers that are imo unfairly scrutinised and criticised.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
A lot of people complain about his illegal hooked serves, and selfish personalities like paddle throwing against Zhao ZiHao, and something like not pointing out an obvious edge point in his match against LYJ in the Frankfurt Championship. A lot of people are annoyed because WCQ has many girl fans that know little about table tennis, but only fan him like a movie star.

Last edited:
I noticed very pleasantly that WCQ has started to act much more personally with his opponents after a match (non-Chinese players). An open smile and a hint of a left hand laid on. This is not something you see with other Chinese players.

Maybe some people don't like this behavior?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I noticed very pleasantly that WCQ has started to act much more personally with his opponents after a match (non-Chinese players). An open smile and a hint of a left hand laid on. This is not something you see with other Chinese players.

Maybe some people don't like this behavior?
I don't think people mind that. He's had his ugly moments early on in his career and to many people first impression is everything. I think he's just a maturing young man.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
he keeps his fingernails freakishly long. makes it hard for me to root for him lol.
Very normal in some Asian countries. My wife is Vietnamese and have seen many men with even longer nails here.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
images

Just watch the placement of his head during his hook serves. A legal table tennis serve should have the ball visible to your opponents during the entire toss, and its clearly not the case here.

And its not just WCQ, many players are quite borderline in terms of following this rule.

Reactions: turbozed and H3R0
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2023
images

Just watch the placement of his head during his hook serves. A legal table tennis serve should have the ball visible to your opponents during the entire toss, and its clearly not the case here.

And its not just WCQ, many players are quite borderline in terms of following this rule.
he does this more when he's losing.