Experience with some other Loki rubbers - Arthur China, GTX Pro (inc)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
LAC is like a more Chinese D09c. It has bounce, quite transparent, but less spiny and less stretchy. I think LAC is very easy to use and very forgiving even compared to D09c. Polestar P is like a H3 OS boosted. Quite different. If anything LAC is similar to H8-80, tho not as tacky and harder.

I tried the R9, I first boosted it with FTL, that was useless. With FTL for me it was dead out of the package and it should have some factory boost too so I don't know what's up with it. Should try it with seamoon too, I guess that will get it working.

For me every BS H3 clone has disadvantages even the ones that nearly perform like H3 BS. While if I boost H3 I am around 50g or sometimes less cut. But Battle 2, R9, dingtian are more, 53-55g. I also don't love the topsheet of R9, and battle 2 blue is a bit meh. I think the Dingtian is closer to H3 BS.
Also price wise I can get H3 BS prov for R9 price, Dingtian is even cheaper. Of course there is the big durability question too. Dingtian for me so far was very durable, H3 BS as well, LAC not, R9 dunno yet, Volant Phoenix not so durable, Battle 2 is pretty durable.
Since 11.11 is coming I wanna try some dirt cheap blue sponge clone. Like Tuttle Beijing V blue sponge.
My choice are H3 BS or OS, or Dingtian so far these are the best. The rest is still good but doesn't have that extra magic for me.

I briefly tried Rakza X, I liked it too. Vega X I didn't try since everyone says it's heavy. I used Vega Asia for some time and it's directer than Vega Pro, kinda like T05 vs T64. But all ESN have their changing properties as the booster evaporates. Some get very hard in colder temp too. Near useless in wintertime and there are always locations with poor heating.
From ESN my fav are G-1 and V15 extra.
But I don't see buying any ESN as long as Mantra Pro M is available, even aliexpress price is not too bad for them in case one cannot get it from taobao.
Only way I get rid of Mantra Pro is if it performs bad in colder temps. But performance and durability so far is great. It's just really fun to play with it like a FTL boosted G-1 without the need to brush sticky snot on it. Also a bit faster than boosted G-1 and just easier to use.
If you had to pick an unboosted Chinese rubber to play with, which would it be? 729 Bloom Power, 729 Battle 2 (any variant), LAC, or something else?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
If you had to pick an unboosted Chinese rubber to play with, which would it be? 729 Bloom Power, 729 Battle 2 (any variant), LAC, or something else?
Not sure by unboosted you mean totally unboosted or factory boosted is OK. If factory boosted is OK then probably LAC (if they fixed the durability, and I think the 40 deg ones I have now are factory boosted at least they seem to curl and smell sweet). If they didn't fix the durability then probably Polestar P or Big Dipper coz those are boosted great out of the pack. (H3N factory boost is not enough for me)

If totally unboosted then H3-50 or H8-80... I didn't try Bloom Power. But H3 unboosted and all of its clones are impossible for me to use.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Not sure by unboosted you mean totally unboosted or factory boosted is OK. If factory boosted is OK then probably LAC (if they fixed the durability, and I think the 40 deg ones I have now are factory boosted at least they seem to curl and smell sweet). If they didn't fix the durability then probably Polestar P or Big Dipper coz those are boosted great out of the pack. (H3N factory boost is not enough for me)

If totally unboosted then H3-50 or H8-80... I didn't try Bloom Power. But H3 unboosted and all of its clones are impossible for me to use.
If LAC and Big Dipper are factory boosted, does that mean that they will eventually need to be boosted a while after using it? Or can they be played through the life of the rubber without too much change in characteristics?

I've got a few hours of play in my LAC and I don't find it particularly fast. If it slowly but surely got more dead in the next few months I'm afraid it might mess with my consistency.

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
If LAC and Big Dipper are factory boosted, does that mean that they will eventually need to be boosted a while after using it? Or can they be played through the life of the rubber without too much change in characteristics?

I've got a few hours of play in my LAC and I don't find it particularly fast. If it slowly but surely got more dead in the next few months I'm afraid it might mess with my consistency.
No i think they keep their speed

Reactions: latej and turbozed
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023

Performance-wise neither drop off the cliff, but Big Dipper is better at looking like new. LAC oxidises in a month without losing grip.

Reactions: turbozed
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

I don't know about LAC as I killed my first one in about 2 weeks so...
Compared to most Chinese rubbers LAC is pretty fast.

I doubt LAC will become dead as a H3 or something normal. BD is also probably a bit better in this regards, but BD is not that sticky anyway.

There's always tradeoff somewhere 🫠

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
I bought a Fextra recently and tried Jupiter 3 39 FH and Moon 12 M+ BH, and didn't like the moon... it's too soft and really weird on looping backspin, the ball always goes long, or net. I've tried J3 on BH and I could looping chopped balls in a drill with much more ease.

Maybe is my bad technique but I wanna try J3 or LAC on BH... What is best? Should I buy J3 37? LAC? J3 39 and made both sides equal?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I bought a Fextra recently and tried Jupiter 3 39 FH and Moon 12 M+ BH, and didn't like the moon... it's too soft and really weird on looping backspin, the ball always goes long, or net. I've tried J3 on BH and I could looping chopped balls in a drill with much more ease.

Maybe is my bad technique but I wanna try J3 or LAC on BH... What is best? Should I buy J3 37? LAC? J3 39 and made both sides equal?
I think j3 or big dipper would be better.

Lac is very hard and less bouncy, it may not be for all backhands.

Reactions: Fernando Delfini
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023

It’s better to spend a little more money and buy Euro-Japanese rubber for the backhand. Unfortunately, Chinese rubbers cannot yet come close to Euro-Japanese ones.

Jan 2023
It’s better to spend a little more money and buy Euro-Japanese rubber for the backhand. Unfortunately, Chinese rubbers cannot yet come close to Euro-Japanese ones.
Regardless of where they are made, a 15 dollar rubber rarely plays as well as a 45 dollar rubber. But Chinese rubbers are certainly usable on both FH and BH.

Moon speed has a slightly tacky topsheet, so you may consider that. Or just go for J3 39 since you have actually tried that.

This user has no status.

Hm Id say that depends on several factors and in which way you want them to get close? Speed? Spin? Control?

I currently play LAC on bh and reaching new all time highs by the week. Right now my backhand is my biggest strongpoint and my go to tool to open up the rallyes and pressure my opponents in almost all their serves, pushes whatsoever.

The LAC gives me everything i need on my current blade. I have enough control, a lot spin and really good speed if i need it.

Sure it is not bouncy itself, but as several lac user already stated it is a slightly flatter arced and toned down D09c. And for nearly a third of the price of a D09c it is currently my go to weapong for my bh. On fh however not so much because it dies too fast under the higher pressure due to the more powerfull strokes it has to endure.

Another requirement that has to be matched is the harder blade in my experience. LAC didnt perform on inner carbon blades and on softer plies. Maybe i havent found the right one for it, but now i use a harder bh setting, which makes the use of the lac way easier and way better.

Jan 2023
Another requirement that has to be matched is the harder blade in my experience. LAC didnt perform on inner carbon blades and on softer plies. Maybe i havent found the right one for it, but now i use a harder bh setting, which makes the use of the lac way easier and way better.
Isn't Vsea inner carbon?

This user has no status.
Just for you guys i just put up some bh shots into a clip from some training matches i found from last week,

EDIT: I should mention that my trainingpartner is playing with no sponge Tibhar Grass on bh.
And the match was at the end of the session. I am more than away that my posture overall sucks at that stage, but 3h into playing i usually struggle a lot with bending my knees and reacting the way i am used to^^

says Formely known as gordonluvsu.
says Formely known as gordonluvsu.
Feb 2023
That is why i cant use it anymore ;)

But i am working on a complete review about my current blade and the setup overall.
With the sale right now you could get my current blade.
Hard feeling with a good touch.
Flexible enough on inner side.
Similar to my Pro 05, but not as much as I would imagine a HL5 would be like.
Fast and direct on outer side.
What I imagine a Viscaria plays like.
Little vibration and good control.
Inner ZLC on one side, Outer ALC on other side.
Comfortable flared handle, a little thicker than others.
(And it looks really cool)
I just ordered a second one.

I had a quick training session today where I compared Battle 3 to LAC and R9.
I had to reglue the LAC and it didnt feel as hard as before.
Also I had to cut off some rubber on the edge and it was lighter overall.
While switching between the 2 setups I could get a better feeling for each rubber combination.
It is to early to comment about Battle 3, but the R9 was feeling really good in comparison.
What stood out was that the R9 was not as difficult to use but still had great quality.
More dwell time than LAC, less than the super tacky Battle 3.

What I also learned is not to use too much wrist on BH loops.
First forearm, Second wrist as support.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Just for you guys i just put up some bh shots into a clip from some training matches i found from last week,

EDIT: I should mention that my trainingpartner is playing with no sponge Tibhar Grass on bh.
And the match was at the end of the session. I am more than away that my posture overall sucks at that stage, but 3h into playing i usually struggle a lot with bending my knees and reacting the way i am used to^^
Loverly Bh flicks and shots. Never mind the posture, after 3 hours playing they would bring on the wheelchair for me 😁

• Haha
Reactions: Attitude
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023

Your backhand is now sufficiently developed for Fastark G1. I think that these rubber will give you another boost.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
WhatsApp Image 2023-11-13 at 16.35.20.jpeg

LAC (H41) after 3 months in, approximately 150 hours of actual use.
I love this rubber, but it would not be competition legal in this condition. Gluing the H40 version right now, supposedly with a less brittle sponge.

If it can't survive as long or longer, I might just go back to Big Dipper.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
View attachment 27409
LAC (H41) after 3 months in, approximately 150 hours of actual use.
I love this rubber, but it would not be competition legal in this condition. Gluing the H40 version right now, supposedly with a less brittle sponge.

If it can't survive as long or longer, I might just go back to Big Dipper.
How would you describe how it changed in its characteristics during those 3 months? Was there are any noticeable drop off in grip or speed? Did it affect concistency at all?