Experience with some other Loki rubbers - Arthur China, GTX Pro (inc)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
How would you describe how it changed in its characteristics during those 3 months? Was there are any noticeable drop off in grip or speed? Did it affect concistency at all?
A slow drop in spin and speed as it ages, but the topsheet still looks brand new, and the rubber itself is definitely still good enough to play with, even in tournaments. I'd say right now the spin/speed of the rubber is somewhere around 80%-85% of brand new. Not too bad for a 17$ rubber. Only reason I am gluing a new one is the topsheet separating.

Reactions: turbozed
This user has no status.
A slow drop in spin and speed as it ages, but the topsheet still looks brand new, and the rubber itself is definitely still good enough to play with, even in tournaments. I'd say right now the spin/speed of the rubber is somewhere around 80%-85% of brand new. Not too bad for a 17$ rubber. Only reason I am gluing a new one is the topsheet separating.
100% agree.
Although the main issue with it only accurs with fh use in my experience due to the harder hits.
On bh i have 0 seperation 2 months in. I will most certainly stick to it for the second half of the season.
The remaining question is the R9 on fh.

Reactions: mattlamperouge
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I boosted it with a very light fart of FTL before. It had a great effect. And a bubble not so much later.
Oh man, short period of excellence followed by utter failure. What a difficult decision I am faced with.

No wonder so many marriages end in divorce...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Oh man, short period of excellence followed by utter failure. What a difficult decision I am faced with.

Hope you don't smoke, and I have no recent knowledge on tobacco pricing but LAC is much cheaper than before.
I wager you can't buy more than 2-3 packs of fags for a LAC and I also wager LAC still lasts longer.

Just buy LAC non stop, you will be the healthiest smoker.

Reactions: hclnnkhg
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

I don't think the same "delamination -problem" we get with LAC will happen with R9. I did some little experiment trying to rip the top rubber off the sponges and LAC was easy to come apart while with the R9 I get half the pips on the sponge.

While I got your attention, remember me moaning about the sponge of myR9 being too thin ? Well Ali just agreed with me ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I don't think the same "delamination -problem" we get with LAC will happen with R9. I did some little experiment trying to rip the top rubber off the sponges and LAC was easy to come apart while with the R9 I get half the pips on the sponge.

While I got your attention, remember me moaning about the sponge of myR9 being too thin ? Well Ali just agreed with me ;)
lucky for you, did you get full refund?

So the "national" level of qc must be just marketing tactic.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023

Watch out with too many disputes on AliExpress. It's not exactly the most moral website. I've asked for a refund/replacement for a number of defective items before, and was put in a prohibition period. I could not dispute more items, nor could I use the chatbot to get a human to talk to and get proper help. In fact, the entire chatbot UI disappeared for a couple of weeks (but was working using a different account).

This is just something worth noting.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Watch out with too many disputes on AliExpress. It's not exactly the most moral website. I've asked for a refund/replacement for a number of defective items before, and was put in a prohibition period. I could not dispute more items, nor could I use the chatbot to get a human to talk to and get proper help. In fact, the entire chatbot UI disappeared for a couple of weeks (but was working using a different account).

This is just something worth noting.
I never ever got to talk to a human using chatbot. I always ended up in some kind of loop. As far as disputes are concerned, when I feel i got ripped of = I complain. I order, I pay, I deserve to get what i ordered. The dispute depends a lot on how we can present the evidence and who is judging it. This time I was lucky. A couple of months ago I got a bottle of glue where the brush is supposed to be attached to the inside of the lid but it was not, it was at the bottom of the bottle. Not a valid complaint. Have you ever tried to fish something out of a bottle full of slimy glue, the "not water-based" version ?
Then comes the cleaning, then comes the epoxy glue to glue the bloody brush into the lid......blah blah blah 😁

Reactions: Choosikick
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
lucky for you, did you get full refund?

So the "national" level of qc must be just marketing tactic.
I aimed for a refund without return so i asked for half of what I paid and got it.
after all I still got a rubber, for half the price and might still find it useful on one of my blades.
QC is always a marketing plot.
It can be tested once something has gone really wrong.
The Loki company has been contacted, my breath is being held 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
Been playing recently with a Rxton 3 on FH (in pink, read that the blue and pink are different to the red and black) and overal really like how it plays. I'm pretty new to the Chinese brands so a bit hard to navigate with things like hardness etc.

If I was looking for an experience similar to the Loki Rxton 3, but a touch softer, what would you guys recommend? The Rxton 1 is quite different it seems...

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Been playing recently with a Rxton 3 on FH (in pink, read that the blue and pink are different to the red and black) and overal really like how it plays. I'm pretty new to the Chinese brands so a bit hard to navigate with things like hardness etc.

If I was looking for an experience similar to the Loki Rxton 3, but a touch softer, what would you guys recommend? The Rxton 1 is quite different it seems...
if i remember correctly blue and pink were discussed here on the forum and they are quite different as well. Might be the blue one being softer which is probably why i bough the pink one for a BH

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023

Why dont you try boosting a bit just to soften the sponge? if you like the Topsheet and overall feeling of R3 pink, Rxton 1 plus maybe? Rxton 1 & Rxton 1 special have less potential than R3 pink i feel. Normal R3 feels much softer than Pink also, i didnt like it on FH but its fine on BH

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
They are the same
Blue's sponge said 40d, I don't have a photo of the Pink's sponge. They feel similar though. Rxton 3 blue feels crisper and softer than LAC.
399916058_1065993531252786_7277132113548703615_n.jpg

For softer rubber I have tried Rxton 1 plus which is also good but a tad too soft for my FH, but the topsheet feels quite different. The Rxton 3 Blue/Pink's topsheet feels tougher than normal red/black rubbers.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Blue's sponge said 40d, I don't have a photo of the Pink's sponge. They feel similar though. Rxton 3 blue feels crisper and softer than LAC.
399916058_1065993531252786_7277132113548703615_n.jpg

For softer rubber I have tried Rxton 1 plus which is also good but a tad too soft for my FH, but the topsheet feels quite different. The Rxton 3 Blue/Pink's topsheet feels tougher than normal red/black rubbers.
this is what Longle said:
I'm gonna try it in 6 hours. They say the Pink/Blue is a totally different rubber to normal Rxton3 - harder, stickier with the Blue being 40d and Pink 39d

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Loki Rxton 3 Blue measured 52d on my Shore O durometer. It's pretty hard with a very a tough topsheet.

It doesn't feel like any other Chinese rubber I've tried. Even other Rxtons like Rxton 5 and Rxton 1 Plus feel different.

I really enjoyed using Rxton 3 Blue in training because it was powerful with full swings and made a lovely popping sound with hard contact. But it was very difficult to use in matches.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022

User error :D

Seriously though, because of the stiff topsheet I had a hard time generating spin at low and medium power. This led me to just flat-hit whacking the ball when it came to my FH. Also, I didn't get good spin out of my serves. I'm guessing a lot of the problems were due to my low level, but I didn't want to develop bad habits.