Fake Tenergy Revealed

This user has no status.
Seems like Butterfly takes care of this problem and they added a new feature to distinguish real rubbers from fake ones.. In addition to the barcode on the back cover (I think this was copied too if i remember but dont have any pictures to compare right now..) they added a 7 digit lasercode on the front cover. I dont know if its for all Butterfly rubbers and worldwide but Butterfly Europe anounced to do this recently to fight the fake problems..

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Oh hi!
Can you please put the link of these fake rubbers, so we can see the price and so on.
Thanks. :)

If people knew where to go to find the counterfeits, the counterfeiters would be out of business! These are people illegally making fakes and selling them as though they are real for a small amount less than the real thing, or, sometimes for the same amount as the real thing. You do not want them. Save your money and get regular Sriver or real Tenergy, or a real version of any rubber you like. But don't support illegal counterfeiting. Nobody should pay a high price for a bad imitation.

This user has no status.
If people knew where to go to find the counterfeits, the counterfeiters would be out of business! These are people illegally making fakes and selling them as though they are real for a small amount less than the real thing, or, sometimes for the same amount as the real thing. You do not want them. Save your money and get regular Sriver or real Tenergy, or a real version of any rubber you like. But don't support illegal counterfeiting. Nobody should pay a high price for a bad imitation.

I couldn't agree more Carl. Because if people keep buying these fake rubbers the companies who produce these fake rubbers will keep making them because there is a market for it!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
There are low grade fakes with yellow sponge but also high grade fakes with red sponge from taobao for a few USD. One area to look at is the extra rubber left to be cut under the printing, and the prints are usually thick and less well define. The top sheet is not as transparent and feels hard. It should be easy to tell if you can touch it, but less so by just looking at the package.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
There are low grade fakes with yellow sponge but also high grade fakes with red sponge from taobao for a few USD. One area to look at is the extra rubber left to be cut under the printing, and the prints are usually thick and less well define. The top sheet is not as transparent and feels hard. It should be easy to tell if you can touch it, but less so by just looking at the package.

Yes you are absolutely right. I am Australian chinese and visit China regularly and there is most definitely different grades of fake imitations. You can't solely tell by looking at sponge colour. I have noticed what someone above mentioned about the printing on the packaging being bold and less defined than authentic Butterfly products but once again I can confirm that is not absolutely true. I have come across many fake Tenergies whilst in China and the best way is to fell the rubber, especially if you have felt authentic Tenergies. Be really careful if you buy from Taobao or TMall and the price range seems super cheap, you can't go with the photos at all because the photos are often copied as well from genuine Butterfly Tenergies so it will not look like the package they send you! On the chinese version of Taobao website there is an option to limit your product search with like free 7 day return policy, if you click that then generally all the products are genuine and you will see the roughly correct market price range by Chinese standards.