Fan Zhendong equipment

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Meanwhile, I am also interested on the point you said about the detailed specifications.
Can you give those details? As there is a seller, who is polite(not the guy you contacted, lol) and maybe able to get the blade. Obviously as he is polite, he charges more than usuals.

Sorry Achalwins94,
i somehow must have overread that. All the seller wrote was,
size: 151x158mm
weight: 93/94 g
Dude wasn't very informative. I've asked if he could tell what kind of wood the plies had, and he answered: of course, and also the name of the one who glued up the plies.
Which i guess was supposed to be a joke, but it was rather stupid and unfriendly.
Sorry i can't tell more. Unfortunately i don't know any other Stiga sponsored players, but maybe someone else is more lucky....

Last edited:
Reactions: achalwins94
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I can show you video where he says he uses a Stiga Infinity. There is no way he ever used one. All that stuff is, unfortunately marketing.

Again, it doesn't really matter to me if you believe it. But I am comfortable with the fact that if you say photos from any match of the plies of his blade, it is 7 plies: the Infity is 5. And the dark ply near the outer ply is too thin to be a normal wooden ply.

It is sad that this is the case. But I have a feeling what he is using is a Butterfly ALC blade. For sure it is not an Infinity.

That's exactly the reason why i wanna see that pro model infinity...
Of course you could be right, and that wouldn't look good, neither for FZD nor STIGA.
But posting pics of his modded blade on a chinese social media is a step too far. I don't think that he would do such a dumb thing...

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
As i already wrote: i think Dan or other Stiga Players can shed light on this and i really wanna know what the infinity pro model looks like.

Often, and twice again! I just couldn't resist this one.

First time I let it go. But now, I decided I might as well have some fun.

Didn't you hear? If anybody aside from Der_Echte gets their hands on the pro model for the Infinity, the goon squad is going to be all over the place talking about cleaning up the joint and trade secrets. If word gets out that anybody is even thinking about the pro model for the Infinity all heck's gonna break loose. The goon squad may even succeed in getting those sewer rats on their side.

Someone in the background said: "Whatchu gonna see? Whatchu gonna see? All your eyes will allow you to see!" And then he stood up and walked on outta the joint.

You'll need an even better secret handshake to see the pro version that doesn't exist.

But, shhhhh, don't tell anyone, Der_Echte had one from his kit bag that got heisted from his car in Boston. It was a top secret mission. He had planned to give that Pro Model Infinity to a 12 year old kid with almost no training to show that, this particular pro model could play all on its own.

Funny thing is, no pros use the Infinity because it is actually not a very good racket. Outer ply is hard. The inner plies are soft but mushy. Most good rackets that succeed in doing the hard outer/soft inner have inner plies that are springy. That works. But mushy does not. It isn't a bad racket. But it is not a particularly good racket. And they are very inexpensive to make.

You should try one.

But man, the pro model is surreal. :)

Sorry Suga D. I hope you don't mind. I just couldn't let up the chance to try another high risk escape from the goon squad.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Funny thing is, no pros use the Infinity because it is actually not a very good racket. Outer ply is hard. The inner plies are soft but mushy. Most good rackets that succeed in doing the hard outer/soft inner have inner plies that are springy. That works. But mushy does not. It isn't a bad racket. But it is not a particularly good racket. And they are very inexpensive to make
Hi Buddy,
sorry but I disagree with you on this one. Acctually the are pro's using this blade. One of them is Cheng Meng and there some on the HK national team as well. The outer ply is Limba and the inner is some kind of rosewood or another hardwood of some kind. I think the problem is with the infinity that the production batches are not very consistent which means you can get one that weighs 79g and another that weighs 89g. I gave one from China that is 89g and plays a lot different than the one I bought at my local dealer. For me the quality of the infinity blade are way better from China than Europe. I know it sounds funny...

Pro version of blades!? Ehmm IMO I think the pro players are more fortunate that they can select a blade that fits them from a batch. You have a blade and pro player and match them together... There you have it! ;)

This user has no status.
Hasn't this been discussed so many times? At least I'm going for a BTY blade with Stiga handle (would say ALC), DHS in FH and Tenergy in BH. Watched him play a couple times and kinda doubt he has an all wood blade and if you just check the top players in the world, how many all wood blades do you see on the power house players or even just in general. It's not an uncommon thing with blades having "sponsor handles". And regarding what Stiga writes, just look what Donic says about the equipment on some of their top players who uses Tenergy..

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi Buddy,
sorry but I disagree with you on this one. Acctually the are pro's using this blade. One of them is Cheng Meng and there some on the HK national team as well. The outer ply is Limba and the inner is some kind of rosewood or another hardwood of some kind. I think the problem is with the infinity that the production batches are not very consistent which means you can get one that weighs 79g and another that weighs 89g. I gave one from China that is 89g and plays a lot different than the one I bought at my local dealer. For me the quality of the infinity blade are way better from China than Europe. I know it sounds funny...

Pro version of blades!? Ehmm IMO I think the pro players are more fortunate that they can select a blade that fits them from a batch. You have a blade and pro player and match them together... There you have it! ;)

I think you have a good point here, or a bunch of them. The Infinity blades I tried were both under 80 grams because the guy who got them is obsessed with light blades. He has tennis elbow and thinks a light blade is better for his elbow. Both of them played really bad. Now, my experience is, a heavier one would probably play better. So, good point. Perhaps the Infinity isn't as bad as I have been giving it credit for being. Even though I only hit with two really crappy ones, an 88-92 gram Infinity might play a lot better.

Maybe your right about the pros. There may be a few using an Infinity. But I was actually clowning around.

And the biggest great point you made was about how the pros get to choose the blades they want. They get 10, try them and keep 1 or 2, then they get 10 more and choose another 1 or 2. They take the best of the best and give back the rest.

Now if you got your hands on one of those blades that a pro chose out of dozens, it would probably be pretty nice.

So if that is what someone means by a pro model, okay. No need to get chased by the goon squad. But the conspiracy theory of the companies simply making good stuff for the pros and giving everyone else junk, well, not exactly. The stuff they give the pros may be quality controlled to higher standards and may be more meticulously selected. But I don't think they are just simply making good stuff for the pros and trying to not make good stuff for us plebes.

This user has no status.
See, here is the thing, when you look at photos of Fan's blade from the side, like, good photos from a tournament, it is always 7 plies, SEVEN PLIES, not 5. And it always HAS a layer that really looks like AN ALC layer.

And then, there is someone on the forum who actually knows FZD and knows some of his friends. And that person said that FZD used a Viscaria as a kid and that, when he got sponsorship by Stiga, he was just using a Viscaria with a Stiga Infinity handle. There are so many photos where you can see that it is 7 plies and ALC that it is hard to ignore. The guy who knows him was hard to ignore for me as well. I am pretty sure that guy is legit. And it fits with all the photos.

That photo above, I heard someone else who "says" he knows FZD, (I was not so sure about this one) said that this was a photo by friends of FZD and a prank. But it actually shows what he is using anyway.

You can believe it or not. It makes no difference to me. I still can't really figure out why he doesn't just find something that Stiga makes that he likes and can use. But, there is too much evidence, that indicates FZD is using a Viscaria.

The fact that, when one of his Stiga handle blades broke, for that tournament he used a regular Viscaria with a Viscaria handle actually says a lot. Think about it for a while.
Yes, i remember that! Against xu xin, recently, I did watch him play with viscaria. Also I watched the match before that and there he dented his bat in big way,something like that. So maybe he keeps limited bats like that,viscaria with stiga handle.
But I have used infinity and it is a powerful blade,that I must say. Although its a different thing when we compare it to butterfly alc blades.
I think someone should steal fzd's kitbag and then post pics of his bat. So that everyone on this forum can take deep breath of relief after knowing the truth.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
That's exactly the reason why i wanna see that pro model infinity...
Of course you could be right, and that wouldn't look good, neither for FZD nor STIGA.
But posting pics of his modded blade on a chinese social media is a step too far. I don't think that he would do such a dumb thing...

I agree that, his using a Butterfly blade when he is sponsored by Stiga is bad for his reputation and for Stiga's. I wouldn't let it happen if I was on either side of that deal. As the player, I would go with a company that had equipment I wanted to use or I would forgo sponsorship. I could still get clothing sponsorships if I was at his level. If I was Stiga, there is no way I would let him play with a Butterfly blade and a Stiga handle. But I am pretty confident they know about it. I can't see anything positive that could come out of that scenario for either the company or the player. But, nevertheless, I have reasons to be convinced that FZD is using a Viscaria with an Infinity handle.

As far as the photos. I am pretty sure FZD did not post those. I don't really know the story behind it, but some guy from China said that wasn't FZD but some of his friends doing a prank on him. But the prank seems to be telling the truth even though I don't think that is even his blade.

Something just jogged my memory. When I was a pro skater, I was sponsored by this small company. I loved their wheels. I loved their PR image. I wore a shirt that said "Your Wheels Suck!" :) At one point Kryptonics wanted to sponsor me. It meant more product and more airfare to get flown to more competitions. In the end it may have meant more money too. But I did not take that deal because there was no way I was going to ride those crappy wheels. So, thinking about it, I actually did what I said I would do when I was presented with that choice.

And I have no idea why FZD would do what he is doing. But it is sad.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Well, that's interesting. But still i wouldn't be so sure and wouldn't judge so quick.

Look' at an older thread with the same topic where Baal wrote:

From the most recent picture I vote for option 3. A non-Viscaria carbon composite with an Infinity handle.

And you wrote a little earlier:

I can't tell but I know those Zoom lenses can distort the image you see.

There are a couple of people on the forum who know people who know CNT members. Last I heard FZD was using a Viscaria. He could have changed.

I am not sure it matters.

One thing is for sure based on the photos, I can't tell much.

Sent from TheSecretHideout using TheInfamousNSASpyPhone

Couldn't he have the blade custom made by Stiga, since he is used to viscaria from the time before he was signed to Stiga. Just a thought.

Well anyhow you could be right, or you could be wrong.
The only one who really seems to be able to bring clarity is FZD himself. Maybe in a new podcast episode...

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, that's interesting. But still i wouldn't be so sure and wouldn't judge so quick.

Look' at an older thread with the same topic where Baal wrote:

And you wrote a little earlier:

Couldn't he have the blade custom made by Stiga, since he is used to viscaria from the time before he was signed to Stiga. Just a thought.

Yep. That is what I was thinking at the time. I in fact also said that FZD could get Stiga to make anything he wanted. And why would he use a Butterfly blade if he was sponsored by Stiga and could get Stiga to make something exactly like that Butterfly blade for him.

In fact, FZD and Stiga would be smart to do that and MARKET IT. Think of how much money Stiga and FZD could really make if they just did that simple, logical thing!

But, what you have to realize is, there was something, that convinced me that:

1) FZD is definitely lying in all the press statements about his racket. I heard that interview where he said that someone on the CNT convinced him that all wood blades were better and he should use one. I am comfortable with the fact that, for some reason he is lying.

2) In more than enough of those telephoto shots of his blade, even when the photo is distorted, you can still see that the blade has 7 plies and that the darkest ply is almost certainly NOT WOOD. If it was once in a while that the distortion made it look like it was ALC, that would be different. Once in a while the telephoto lenses distort the plies and make that darker ply look like it could be wood. But that is rare. And there are usually photos from the same tournament that make it pretty clear that it is Carbon.

3) If it was a 7 ply Stiga blade, why wouldn't Stiga make it, mass produce it, and sell it as the blade FZD is actually using. THAT WOULD REALLY BE IN STIGA'S AND FZD'S BEST INTEREST. But instead they keep lying and saying he is using a 5 ply all wood blade or, more recently Liu Gouliang saying that maybe he is using a Carbonado. hahaha. I think it is sad that they are lying about this. But I am pretty sure they are.

Again, there is something that convinced me of this. And every photo of FZD's blade I have seen since, reinforces that belief that FZD is, unfortunately, not using a blade made by his sponsor.

Well anyhow you could be right, or you could be wrong.
The only one who really seems to be able to bring clarity is FZD himself. Maybe in a new podcast episode...

And you are never going to get truth out of someone who is lying to hide the facts.

But there are plenty of players who have done this in the past.

Wang Liqin used to use a Stiga Clipper with a DHS handle, the handle of the blade DHS made for WLQ.

Dima is definitely not using what Donic says he is using and for a while there was word he was using a Stiga Clipper with a Donic Handle. I think he now may be using a carbon blade. I have no idea what company it is from. Whether from Donic or from a different brand.

I do really feel it is unfortunate that this stuff occurs. I wish it did not. But something has convinced me that FZD is lying. And if he went to an interview with you and the subject was the equipment he is using he would probably show up with a Stiga Infinity with Airoc Astro or some other rubber from Stiga on it.

And if you went to a match, he would be using something else.

In that interview where LGouliang said FZD may be using a Carbonado, FZD said he likes the Infinity for its flexibility. Infinity, I don't think it is so flexible. The stuff they put in there (Diamond Touch) makes it pretty hard and stiff.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hey, by the way, to be clear: I am okay with you wanting to be skeptical. There is nothing wrong with that.

There was just something that convinced me that FZD is not using a Stiga blade as much as I wanted to believe he wouldn't have a reason to do something like that. I happen to feel it damages his image as much as it damages Stiga's image.

But, if TableTennisTony's assertion that FZD never used the Infinity and that TTTony knew people who knew FZD wasn't enough--and for me it actually was--then, the thing that caused me to realize that FZD really wasn't using an all wood blade or even a blade from Stiga--the thing that convinced me was enough.

But I don't feel I need to convince anybody. You have every right to a healthy skepticism.

But keep looking at photos of the plies of his blade. Enlarge them on a good, large computer screen. Keep an open mind. And see if it looks like any blade from Stiga at all.

If you know anyone who ever plays events on the ITTF World Tour ask them if they can try and figure it out.

But don't expect someone who, no matter how you slice it, is lying for contractual reasons, to all of a sudden tell the truth.

Why do I say that there is no way around the fact that he is lying?

No matter who made the blade, the blade he is using is a 7 ply blade. That is completely transparent from higher quality photos. And he says he is using a 5 ply. Therefore, he is already hiding what he is using even if it was a blade from Stiga. Which I would be happy with. But sadly, I am pretty sure his blade is from Butterfly.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Again, if Stiga and FZD already know they are lying, why would they publicize it on an Internet forum?

And go look at the wood colored tape on the side of Dima's blade covering the plies on the exposed handle. These guys don't really want you to know what they are using and the hiding and obscurification is done purposefully.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
From looking at the pics from the pro tour, i must say it's quite hard to think that thin dark ply isn't carbon or most likely ALC. Liu Guoliang's 'guess' of a carbonado is just the icing on the cake. I think he knows pretty well what FZD uses.

I guess that sales offer of that infinity 'pro' model on that other forum was kinda trying to restore my faith in humanity... or in this case FZD and Stiga.

Donic and Dima's behaviour are falling in the same category.
As you say, someone caught lying doesn't appear very trustworthy. So whatever he says, it's gonna be hard to believe. Sad, but i guess that's how it is...

Generally i think this is a strange marketing psychology.
I never understood the reason for offering 10 different Waldner blades or 10 different Boll blades...

I might be wrong but i think selling a blade that the pro actually uses generates more sales than having 20 different models that have nothing in common with the advertising pro except for the name. The Buyers feel bent over when they find out the pro never used a blade like that...

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yep Suga D. Once they are caught lying and lying again it becomes hard to believe anything they say. And what sold me was a guy who plays pro tour events on occasion who made the whole issue into a pretty funny comedy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Hey, by the way, to be clear: I am okay with you wanting to be skeptical. There is nothing wrong with that.

Hahaha, don't worry. Easy man. It's just that i didn't wanted to jump to conclusions so easy and take them for a fact. But the body of evidence is quite hard to ignore here...

If you know anyone who ever plays events on the ITTF World Tour ask them if they can try and figure it out.

I could ask Thomas Keinath, who is going to play the German Open end of january, and told me he's probably gonna face someone from the CNT if he makes it to the k.o. rounds.
But i think he has slightly different priorities when he's there... ;)

Anyway, his actual mission is to steal Ma Long's racket for me. Hopefully he'll be succesful. But please don't tell anyone... ;)

Ok, nuff jokin' around. Last year the german website mytischtennis.de made a photoalbum of the rackets of all players who played the german national championships.
Maybe they can do that again on the German Open...

...And what sold me was a guy who plays pro tour events on occasion who made the whole issue into a pretty funny comedy.

I'd love to see that. :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Yes,this whole FZD blade discussion is very interesting. But what I am thinking is that,if he is lying, like Dima, then he (fzd) must use a tape. Because the discussion is not just about different branded blades, topic is about 5 vs 7 ply blade. Can he be so naive or so brave to show that he is not telling the truth about the blade?
There is only one solution. STEAL HIS BLADE ANYONE AND DISCET IT COMPLETELY!
What do you all say,lol!

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk