Fan Zhendong equipment

This user has no status.
Awww Man... Too bad.
I thought i might be able to end this discussion, cause someone posted on a german forum, that he is selling the STIGA Infinity VPS Pro Player Version, which only players with a sponsoring contract from STIGA would be able to get. The blade´s specs are 151x158mm weighing around 93/94 grams whereas the regular version 149x155mm and weighs 90 grams . He wrote that the average Joe doesn´t know about this blade. That´s why everybody was speculating that FZD uses a viscaria.

I must admit, that this really got my attention, so i tried contacting the seller, that i wanted to buy it, if he could post some photos (to that time there were none). He responded quite unpolitely that he doesn´t own a cam and why i wanted pics for, cause the specs were written detailed. (What an unfriendly, non-customer-oriented Knucklehead!)
I wrote once more and told him that i´m really interested and i wanted a little more details. That idiot started reacting even more suspicious.
E.g. that i must be stupid askin´ again. I first didn´t react to that provokin´ mail. But dude had the heart to post some more bullcrap again, so i had to answer in a very clear manner that i won´t be accepting that kind of treatment.
Unfortunately it was the weekend and the moderators reacted kinda slow, otherwise things wouldn´t have escalated so quickly.
He now posted a couple of nothing saying pics. (where he first wrote that he´s unable to upload pics)

Well, long story short: the blade is still for sale, if someone is interested. I can pm a link to the thread. But the seller is not recommendable.

On the other hand: Maybe a STIGA sponsored player (like Dan) can shed some light on this.

Here are dude´s pics... They don´t look so different to me...
Hey Suga D, interesting post that FZD is using infinity vps v, because when I used to watch his matches, it didn't quite feel like viscaria to me,like many pro players are using viscaria, it feels like they are using viscaria, the blade trajectory, speed etc. Maybe fzd is master,creating his own trajectory of the shots, but still didn't feel like he is using viscaria.
In many cases I thought that he must be using super quality wood, and that is what you mentioned.
Meanwhile, I am also interested on the point you said about the detailed specifications.
Can you give those details? As there is a seller, who is polite(not the guy you contacted, lol) and maybe able to get the blade. Obviously as he is polite, he charges more than usuals.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
328da9773912b31b00ceefb28418367adbb4e18f.jpghis is the side of his balde

This user has no status.
This is just to massage their palm and to stretch their wrist. They can't boost its prohibited. And the $100+ h3 neo national bs is so awesome it doesn't need to be boosted...

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

But we all know its actually the big dipper ;-|

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
FZD blade pics where did they come from?

I don't say that Fan not have used the Viscaria but is this suppose to be a evidence? Why would Fan take a photo like this on his blade haha?

Hi Owen the pics came from a chinese forum right? Do you know exactly where it originated? I am a native chinese speaker and would be interested in tracking down the source.

Slightly off topic but sort of interesting, Stiga Japan are introducing a special edition Stiga Infinity VPS V to celebrate 25 successive wins for FZD in Chinese Leagues 2015. Here is a link to this blade on a chinese Taobao site, I checked Stiga Japan and they have it listed as well so I am pretty sure this is for real. At the moment I think it looks only for pre-order. By the way, I strongly believe FZD is using an ALC and not a wooden blade, anyway though this limited edition blade is not too expensive maybe around $150 USD I am considering getting one just for a collection. To me it looks exactly the same as the normal commercial one, only with the additional printed blade surface.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
Hi Owen the pics came from a chinese forum right? Do you know exactly where it originated? I am a native chinese speaker and would be interested in tracking down the source.

Slightly off topic but sort of interesting, Stiga Japan are introducing a special edition Stiga Infinity VPS V to celebrate 25 successive wins for FZD in Chinese Leagues 2015. Here is a link to this blade on a chinese Taobao site, I checked Stiga Japan and they have it listed as well so I am pretty sure this is for real. At the moment I think it looks only for pre-order. By the way, I strongly believe FZD is using an ALC?and not a wooden blade, anyway though this limited edition blade is not too expensive maybe around $150 USD I am considering getting one just for a collection. To me it looks exactly the same as the normal commercial one, only with the additional printed blade surface.

Sorry forgot to add before http://world.taobao.com/item/523797884015.htm for the actual pic

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I really doubt FZd ever used stiga blade. I do not understand people who just after watching the handle know what is inside. In the same way I could wear FZD shirt and now everyone should call me Fan Zhendong.
Last thing - probably he is not using original viscaria, maybe he started with viscaria, but after developed probably asked butterfly to modify the blade according to his needs, for instance faster or heavier or stiffer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I don't say that Fan not have used the Viscaria but is this suppose to be a evidence? Why would Fan take a photo like this on his blade haha?

Thanks Raazzz,

You took the words right from my mouth, or in this case rather from my fingers... ;)

The pic is really nice, and done with a lot of love for the art.

Are these pics supposed to be from an original posting by FZD??

I don't think FZD would be so disrespectful to his main sponsor, to post a pic of his modded blade on a forum...
The user Rxng posted a pic clearly showing FZD play with a viscaria WITH viscaria handle on an older thread. I hope i can find it.

EDIT: here it is...

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/f...ong-uses-Viscaria-in-China-Open-2015&p=118775

So this pic is rather originated from someone's fantasy, and was (re)built and lookin' quite professional. Nothing more nothing less.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
See, here is the thing, when you look at photos of Fan's blade from the side, like, good photos from a tournament, it is always 7 plies, SEVEN PLIES, not 5. And it always HAS a layer that really looks like AN ALC layer.

And then, there is someone on the forum who actually knows FZD and knows some of his friends. And that person said that FZD used a Viscaria as a kid and that, when he got sponsorship by Stiga, he was just using a Viscaria with a Stiga Infinity handle. There are so many photos where you can see that it is 7 plies and ALC that it is hard to ignore. The guy who knows him was hard to ignore for me as well. I am pretty sure that guy is legit. And it fits with all the photos.

That photo above, I heard someone else who "says" he knows FZD, (I was not so sure about this one) said that this was a photo by friends of FZD and a prank. But it actually shows what he is using anyway.

You can believe it or not. It makes no difference to me. I still can't really figure out why he doesn't just find something that Stiga makes that he likes and can use. But, there is too much evidence, that indicates FZD is using a Viscaria.

The fact that, when one of his Stiga handle blades broke, for that tournament he used a regular Viscaria with a Viscaria handle actually says a lot. Think about it for a while.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Sorry, but still is not really convincin', since i remember that he once said in an Interview that he prefers full wood blades.
I really hope i can find it.
As i already wrote: i think Dan or other Stiga Players can shed light on this and i really wanna know what the infinity pro model looks like.

On the other hand i actually don't wanna spend too many thoughts about some other man's 'equipment' :D

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I can show you video where he says he uses a Stiga Infinity. There is no way he ever used one. All that stuff is, unfortunately marketing.

Again, it doesn't really matter to me if you believe it. But I am comfortable with the fact that if you say photos from any match of the plies of his blade, it is 7 plies: the Infity is 5. And the dark ply near the outer ply is too thin to be a normal wooden ply.

It is sad that this is the case. But I have a feeling what he is using is a Butterfly ALC blade. For sure it is not an Infinity.