flat hit

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Flat hit is usually performed with a very open bat angle, almost perpendicular to the inteded direction of the ball trajectory. With drive the racket is more closed which yields a little bit of rotation, but the contact is still quite flat.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
It really depends on who is speaking. The Chinese language for table tennis is extremely rich and not all nuances survive translation. And the same is sometimes true for other languages. Some people consider hits, counter hits and drives to be the same stroke while some will consider counter hits to be different from drives. Some will then say that a topspin and a loop are the same stroke, while some will say a loop is a special kind of topspin and that a topspin drive is a loop drive and a flat hit drive is a smash.

Nowadays, I just make sure that I see what the person is taking about so I know we are on the same page. Otherwise I look at what they are describing and interpret it the way I know it.

This user has no status.
For Indonesian People,

Flat Hit Is Drive Shot, Is Kill Shot, where we hit the ball for speed, not spin.

Sometimes we call it "Kepret", although more usually for Flick / Backhand Flat Kill, cause the movement kinda like right handed flicker jab. [emoji6]

Sent from my T1X Plus using Tapatalk

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
For Indonesian People,

Flat Hit Is Drive Shot, Is Kill Shot, where we hit the ball for speed, not spin.

Sometimes we call it "Kepret", although more usually for Flick / Backhand Flat Kill, cause the movement kinda like right handed flicker jab. [emoji6]

Sent from my T1X Plus using Tapatalk
flat hit is no drive shot....