Foam /Protective edge tape?

says Xxxxxz
says Xxxxxz
Jan 2015
Can anyone recommend a decent protective tape that comes in 12mm (so that it covers the blade and the rubber edges). I play mostly in cramped conditions (office lunch room!) and I'm forever hitting my bat on the table, walls etc because there's hardly room to swing a cat, nevermind a TT bat!

I have started just putting two layers of my normal edging tape on the bat which seems to help a lot, but maybe a foam or cushioned tape would work better?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2015
Can anyone recommend a decent protective tape that comes in 12mm (so that it covers the blade and the rubber edges). I play mostly in cramped conditions (office lunch room!) and I'm forever hitting my bat on the table, walls etc because there's hardly room to swing a cat, nevermind a TT bat!

I have started just putting two layers of my normal edging tape on the bat which seems to help a lot, but maybe a foam or cushioned tape would work better?
Stiga edge tape is pretty thick. You have to stick it down with a layer of glue though, the self adhesive is pretty poor

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Buy gaffer's tape from Amazon, you can get it in that thickness, any color you want, it is very protective for TT blades, it adheres well and leaves no residue behind when you remove it. It is used in theaters to make marks on the floor, among other things. It is cheaper and better than any product sold by TT companies. You can get a lifetime supply for about 10 USD.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Buy gaffer's tape from Amazon, you can get it in that thickness, any color you want, it is very protective for TT blades, it adheres well and leaves no residue behind when you remove it. It is used in theaters to make marks on the floor, among other things. It is cheaper and better than any product sold by TT companies. You can get a lifetime supply for about 10 USD.

I bought this tape on Baal's recommendation and I now offer tape to people since I often reuse mine over and over and even transfer it across blades.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Without doubt half inch gaffer's tape is the best tape option and as many layers as you'd like.

But another idea, I am not sure what kind of blade you are using, but in those kinds of circumstances, playing with a good, but inexpansive blade, like a Galaxy 896 ($16.00 USD) could potentially save you some heartache if you damage the blade.

A $16.00 blade and a role of half inch gaffer's tape could save you a lot of worry.

Sent from MountDoom via TheRingOfPower

Last edited: