FZD - will he be the next Wang Hao?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
what kind of logic is this, WTT Is how many years now?
of course WCQ will have the most, and ZJK has zero, also the fat man who doesn't know table tennis also has zero
The point is amongst the current crop of players who've been competing hard over the last 3 years, he's won the most titles. That's certainly something going for him. I never referenced ZJK or the fat man that doesn't know TT. It's not pertinent.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
The point is amongst the current crop of players who've been competing hard over the last 3 years, he's won the most titles. That's certainly something going for him. I never referenced ZJK or the fat man that doesn't know TT. It's not pertinent.
well, if winning any "Open" is of any reference, why isn't WCQ world no1?
because he isn't winning any big ones, or winning enough of them.

End of the day, Ma Long is getting slower and slower every week.
Its between FZD and WCQ today and there isn't really someone that will take the next grand slam.

Personally I feel FZD has lost a bit of horse power.
Hence I said, its WCQ to loose it now (meaning, he is going to be the next champion and future of CNT). So, I'm not sure what you are whinny about.

Everyone feels WCQ is going to become the next champion
But also many people know of WCQ's problem and the question was asked - is the future champion really that "stable"? loosing near 20 points on a trot is not just Playing Bad.

CNT can't afford a WCQ to go LGY mode in crucial stage against non Chinese.
But what option does CNT have, still use an aging Ma Long and FZD?
CNT is probably the most brittle now, with quite a few individual loses against non Chinese in recent time.
Team wise, they would win (despite HT's scare last time round), but if you only have 2 single players in a tournament, there isn't any guarantee that both will make the finals

So, as I said, its WCQ to loose it.
in previous era, your competition is your CNT teammates and if you beat your teammates, your are a grand slam.
now, its not that simple, since your teammates are a lot weaker and opponents are a lot stronger

Last edited: