GEWO Nexxus series

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro Superselect is another marketing flop. Stooopeed name! So long and what a mouthful.

Just Rename it Gewo Aruna Soft, Medium and Hard for gawd sake. Its easy to articulate & its quickly understood.

Be like the Chinese Takeaway: always delicious, always open and always cheap.

Don't be like a snobbish french Michelin restaurant: Its slow, need to learn a foreign languge to order and need to pretend to like wine.
View attachment 26797
Is the Green Aruna Power giving you extra Hulk abilities yet?

• Haha
Reactions: NextLevel
NEXXUS rubbers have a different concept (thin topsheet to enabler thicker MAX sponge), so the feeling will always be slightly different. You could try NEXXUS EL 48 as its sponge hardness is identical to that of MX-P.
Technically closer to the early Evolution rubbers is the HYPE series, but there the EL 47,5 (same sponge hardness as MX-P) is a different rubber, emphasis more on spin than catapult.
I have actually always been happy with my Gewo Hype XT Pro 40.0 on my Andro TP_LIGNA CI as an FH. We also tried Nexxus EL Pro 43 once but it was not a success. Not sure if there is a similar rubber with even more spin options than a Hype XT Pro 40.0.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Is the Green Aruna Power giving you extra Hulk abilities yet?
it's just another ESN rubber IMO albeit a higher quality. It has a harder feel than say my MXP but not sure if this is due to the fact Gewo is fresh sheet of rubber versus my MXP that is older. FYI I am using the Gewo as FH while the older MXP is used as BH rubber.

MXP after a few months still feel grippy and with a slight tackiness to it. I read stories that MXP loses it grippiness after a while due to the boosting wearing off but this does not correspond to my real life experience. And this is my second sheet of MXP. My first sheet of MXP's topsheet remain grippy even after close to a year and I only threw it away when the sponge starts to flake away.

Just sharing my personal experience.

p/s: I an going back to my Tenergies starting tomorrow. I played with this Green Aruna rubber at the tourney for the sole purpose to match my green T-shirt and headgear. Swear honest to gawd!!! Always look good, even when losing.

This user has no status.
I wanted to get the super select by watching Aruna but they are way too expensive. So i went with the green H9 .

I played with this Green Aruna rubber at the tourney for the sole purpose to match my green T-shirt and headgear. Swear honest to gawd!!! Always look good, even when losing.
i choose green shirt form the mytabletennis.net raffle just to match too hehe

20230925_175955 - copia.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 2014
I have actually always been happy with my Gewo Hype XT Pro 40.0 on my Andro TP_LIGNA CI as an FH. We also tried Nexxus EL Pro 43 once but it was not a success. Not sure if there is a similar rubber with even more spin options than a Hype XT Pro 40.0.
I'm not sure how closely related it is to Hype XT, but I really liked the Hype KR. Modern feeling but very balanced performance, it just died off too quickly for me to want to keep on using it

Reactions: Metaxa
was thinking on getting the aruna hinoki carbon with nexxus rubbers bundle on tabletennisstore.us since 170 isn't bad when retail on the aruna hinoki is 150, but idk what nexxus rubbers to get, was thinking about el48 but idk. im more of a spin>speed person (spin over speed). what you guys think?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
was thinking on getting the aruna hinoki carbon with nexxus rubbers bundle on tabletennisstore.us since 170 isn't bad when retail on the aruna hinoki is 150, but idk what nexxus rubbers to get, was thinking about el48 but idk. im more of a spin>speed person (spin over speed). what you guys think?
I use the nexxus el pro 48 on the forehand and I think it is a 'do-it-all' rubber. You can brush loop with a lot of spin but also loop kill the ball pretty easily. It has a lot of spin with very high levels of speed if used correctly. A very good rubber imo

This user has no status.
i was thinking of having either nexxus xt 48 or el 48 on the fh and nexxus el 48 on the bh cause idk the diff between el 48 and xt 48
I have heard that the xt version is pretty bad. I would imagine the difference between el and xt is the same as the difference between the rasanter r and v versions. I would recommend you to get the el.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I have heard that the xt version is pretty bad. I would imagine the difference between el and xt is the same as the difference between the rasanter r and v versions. I would recommend you to get the el.
I assuem you mean Rasanter R version is a lot better than V version?