H3 blue sponge vs H3 neo blue sponge

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
well, you started it with your statement in post #4 which is complete bollocks 😂😂😂
The neo has a different sponge that has a light tune, this is why it has GLUE when you buy it and why it never looses the feeling

• Haha
Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
All I know is that the neo has a different sponge and has some kind of tune, and that's why it has GLUE on it when you buy it
I think DHS's reply, which I posted above, is very straight forward and easy to understand and maybe you should just update your knowledge accordingly.

This layer is factory tuned to offer better speed and elasticity as ITTF regulates that the speed glue is not allowed for rubbers.

Obviously there are lots of myths circulating around in this thread (your previous posts included) and also from the links to another forum.

For me, as a DHS H3 user for a long time, I use both Neo and non neo - depending what is available in terms of sponge thickness. It is the same rubber and cost the same too.

This user has no status.
I think DHS's reply, which I posted above, is very straight forward and easy to understand and maybe you should just update your knowledge accordingly.

This layer is factory tuned to offer better speed and elasticity as ITTF regulates that the speed glue is not allowed for rubbers.

Obviously there are lots of myths circulating around in this thread (your previous posts included) and also from the links to another forum.

For me, as a DHS H3 user for a long time, I use both Neo and non neo - depending what is available in terms of sponge thickness. It is the same rubber and cost the same too.
I can’t agree more

May 2020
Read 1 reviews

I just said that the neo is tuned and that's why it comes with a glue layer and a protective film on it. But it can't be just that, there has to be a difference in the sponge construction, the neo and old are 2 completely different rubbers. The neo keeps that feeling after years of playing, that's not possible just by factory boosting, that's why all european rubbers die off but the neo keeps that feeling forever. There's gotta be something more going on. Does it say anything about the sponge construction? Maybe the air pockets in the neo being different?

May 2020
Read 1 reviews

But dude... It's not the same rubber, they don't have the same power, and the feeling is completely different, it's like comparing the sriver to bryce. The bryce has incredible feeling and the sriver is just another rubber past its prime. The hurricanes don't feel, or play the same, maybe you hit so hard that you don't understand the difference, but there's one hell of a difference when you spin the ball.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I just said that the neo is tuned and that's why it comes with a glue layer and a protective film on it. But it can't be just that, there has to be a difference in the sponge construction, the neo and old are 2 completely different rubbers. The neo keeps that feeling after years of playing, that's not possible just by factory boosting, that's why all european rubbers die off but the neo keeps that feeling forever. There's gotta be something more going on. Does it say anything about the sponge construction? Maybe the air pockets in the neo being different?
Oh no you didn't just say that
You said something that DHS makes non H3 rubbers and put H3 on there and all other new myths I haven't heard before.
In terms of H3 and H3 Neo
it is the same sponge, either #20 or #22
Neo version is just chemically treated sponge
In terms of ITTF regulations, it is the same topsheet/rubber-sponge (ITTF larc doesn't take sponge specs into question, only top sheet)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
But dude... It's not the same rubber, they don't have the same power, and the feeling is completely different, it's like comparing the sriver to bryce. The bryce has incredible feeling and the sriver is just another rubber past its prime. The hurricanes don't feel, or play the same, maybe you hit so hard that you don't understand the difference, but there's one hell of a difference when you spin the ball.
well, you welcome to believe what you want to believe,
hence I said myths will continue

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
well, you welcome to believe what you want to believe,
hence I said myths will continue
Did I say dhs makes fake h3? The old is shit, the new plays well. Old has the feeling of a sriver on a szlc, and the neo feels like a proper rubber.

Also no need to get aggressive, just sharing my experience with the rubbers. I played with both of them on viscaria, they play nothing alike, different throw angle, different engage point. Hell, even the tackiness is different, countering is different, short game is different, etc... It's like the dignics 09c and glayzer 09c. One is a proper rubber, and the other feels like a cheap knockoff, or just a base/prototype. The neo is either better or different.

My problem isn't that they are the same rubber as you say, my problem is that one plays like crap while the other is refined and consistent.

My question is this, how can a rubber have tuning, and never loose it? Do they dip it in kerosene when we sleep or something? My coach has a neo for 5 or 6 years now and it feels identical to how it felt when it was new. Of course it doesn't have the same spin, it's old and worn.

Factory tuned rubbers, bty, esn, whatever, loose their tune 1 to 1.5 years in their lifespan. How is it possible for the neo to keep the tune forever? It would explain it if the neo had a tune on a new neo sponge, not the old sponge, it would physically loose the tune and die off, loose feel.

How does that work? I genuinely don't understand...

This user has no status.
Did I say dhs makes fake h3? The old is shit, the new plays well. Old has the feeling of a sriver on a szlc, and the neo feels like a proper rubber.

Also no need to get aggressive, just sharing my experience with the rubbers. I played with both of them on viscaria, they play nothing alike, different throw angle, different engage point. Hell, even the tackiness is different, countering is different, short game is different, etc... It's like the dignics 09c and glayzer 09c. One is a proper rubber, and the other feels like a cheap knockoff, or just a base/prototype. The neo is either better or different.

My problem isn't that they are the same rubber as you say, my problem is that one plays like crap while the other is refined and consistent.

My question is this, how can a rubber have tuning, and never loose it? Do they dip it in kerosene when we sleep or something? My coach has a neo for 5 or 6 years now and it feels identical to how it felt when it was new. Of course it doesn't have the same spin, it's old and worn.

Factory tuned rubbers, bty, esn, whatever, loose their tune 1 to 1.5 years in their lifespan. How is it possible for the neo to keep the tune forever? It would explain it if the neo had a tune on a new neo sponge, not the old sponge, it would physically loose the tune and die off, loose feel.

How does that work? I genuinely don't understand...
Nobody mentioned whether you said dhs makes fakes or not and no one is aggressive towards you. Obviously Neo and regular will feel different cause one is chemically treated

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Nobody mentioned whether you said dhs makes fakes or not and no one is aggressive towards you. Obviously Neo and regular will feel different cause one is chemically treated
Also, what about this?

schen:

"DHS NEO rubbers ARE NOT "factory tuned" at any level, commercial/provincial/national/or beyond. NEO is just a different sponge from the previous classic versions... [from] a Q&A about the NEO rubbers on their release with a DHS representative... It was confirmed several years ago that they do not come "tuned;" the layer of glue is simply there for convenience if you want to just apply wbg [water based glue] to your blade and slap the rubber on as is ."

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
H3 blue sponge be it Neo or non Neo come with the DHS no 22 sponge.
Waiting for DHS to admit they tune or factory boost their Neo rubbers is pointless. Just as ESN manufactured brands won't admit it. Why would they risk to lose their ITTF certification over something that is already an open secret?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
My supply of H3 and H3 neo is about 90% H3 neo and 10% H3. After having transferred them among different blades, both rubbers feel about the same to me.

I recently got a supply of H3 regular and H3 neo 39 degree from TT11. I will see if they play the same. I am boosting them right now as we speak, using Haifu Seamoon, side by side.

Interestingly, after one layer of booster H3 neo dome up already while H3 regular barely did anything. I am now onto the second layer of booster and H3 regular finally domed up and catching up.

As for the old H3 regular v.s. H3 neo, those old supplies from 2-3 years ago were much more tacky so they did not play well right out of the packaging. I like them a whole lot better back then. I don't like the new ones where the top sheet is barely more tacky than Dignics 09c for example.

TT11 does sell H3 regular like $1.70 cheaper than H3 neo, which for all intent and purposes (and after 30% bulk discount), the price is the same so I am not biased either way. Let me see how this batch plays.

And I have 8 blades of Gambler Blackout carbon so I will be able to compare them. For the heck of it, I might put H3 neo and H3 regular on both sides of the same blade just to be fair.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Also, what about this?

schen:

"DHS NEO rubbers ARE NOT "factory tuned" at any level, commercial/provincial/national/or beyond. NEO is just a different sponge from the previous classic versions... [from] a Q&A about the NEO rubbers on their release with a DHS representative... It was confirmed several years ago that they do not come "tuned;" the layer of glue is simply there for convenience if you want to just apply wbg [water based glue] to your blade and slap the rubber on as is ."
So what about that?

I quoted a reputable table tennis shop, who also runs a forum, who is an official DHS seller and invited DHS for a Q&A session and post they official dialogue as a blog on the shops website - and you can't seem to read it and update your knowledge?

If you can't use DHS staff - Felix Luo's answer that is agreed by Felix to be free for the public view, then.... hm... believe what you want to believe.
BTW. you are welcome to contact felix yourself and ask if you think everyone else is lying

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Their rubbers are not hurricanes, they are custom made rubbers that share a name so that they would be allowed international competition.

Okay, since you said i'm aggressive, then i'm going to ask a question to your comment here.
Who uses "custom made rubbers" that are not hurricanes, but uses the topsheet name of Hurricane in the CNT?
and your source for this statement.

They made the normal hurricanes in a way that is easy to play for the rest of us.
This is the first time i'm hearing someone say hurricane is easy to play with. Okay.. interesting.

They made sure it played well and easy with and without booster.
very interesting

Also it's impossible to tell a neo from an old from looks, they are identical. Fan, wang, lin, liang are all marketed as playing the NEO, zhang jike, ma long, wang liqin were all marketed with the old because the NEO was not the primary rubber back then. Old came out in early 2000s (2000 or 2001) and NEO's came out in 2008 or 2009, can't remember exactly. And once the neo became front seller, everyone were marketed with the neo.

I hope this little essay cleared up a few things.
okay, thanks for clearing things up

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Okay, since you said i'm aggressive, then i'm going to ask a question to your comment here.
Who uses "custom made rubbers" that are not hurricanes, but uses the topsheet name of Hurricane in the CNT?
and your source for this statement.

This is the first time i'm hearing someone say hurricane is easy to play with. Okay.. interesting.

very interesting

okay, thanks for clearing things up
Lol

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
So what about that?

I quoted a reputable table tennis shop, who also runs a forum, who is an official DHS seller and invited DHS for a Q&A session and post they official dialogue as a blog on the shops website - and you can't seem to read it and update your knowledge?

If you can't use DHS staff - Felix Luo's answer that is agreed by Felix to be free for the public view, then.... hm... believe what you want to believe.
BTW. you are welcome to contact felix yourself and ask if you think everyone else is lying
It makes sense though, neo doesn't loose feeling, or shrink, or is even curved. It doesn't look like a boosted rubber, unlike for example yinhe's factory tuned rubbers.