H3 blue sponge vs H3 neo blue sponge

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
My supply of H3 and H3 neo is about 90% H3 neo and 10% H3. After having transferred them among different blades, both rubbers feel about the same to me.

I recently got a supply of H3 regular and H3 neo 39 degree from TT11. I will see if they play the same. I am boosting them right now as we speak, using Haifu Seamoon, side by side.

Interestingly, after one layer of booster H3 neo dome up already while H3 regular barely did anything. I am now onto the second layer of booster and H3 regular finally domed up and catching up.

As for the old H3 regular v.s. H3 neo, those old supplies from 2-3 years ago were much more tacky so they did not play well right out of the packaging. I like them a whole lot better back then. I don't like the new ones where the top sheet is barely more tacky than Dignics 09c for example.

TT11 does sell H3 regular like $1.70 cheaper than H3 neo, which for all intent and purposes (and after 30% bulk discount), the price is the same so I am not biased either way. Let me see how this batch plays.

And I have 8 blades of Gambler Blackout carbon so I will be able to compare them. For the heck of it, I might put H3 neo and H3 regular on both sides of the same blade just to be fair.
some people will feel the boost on neo and say neo is easier to use for the few 2 or 3 weeks.
when the boost wears out, you still need to boost again, and that is the same as non neo + boosters.
Some people say neo don't need booster straight away.... well, in my circle, we all boost it. The neo booster is too weak.

with neo, will just add one less layer of booster when compared to non neo.
Same rubber.

Some people does experience neo will have more topsheet bubbling issue than non neo. I suspect it is due to the factory booster. This is maybe the "biggest" difference I can say from experience in using these rubbers between myself and the elite players around me using them

Reactions: JJ Ng and SamTheMan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
It makes sense though, neo doesn't loose feeling, or shrink, or is even curved. It doesn't look like a boosted rubber, unlike for example yinhe's factory tuned rubbers.
every rubber looses feeling
you maybe have a fake neo that is doing better than the original lol

any ways, believe what you want to believe, there are enough reputable answers out there in English and even way more in Chinese

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
So what about that?

I quoted a reputable table tennis shop, who also runs a forum, who is an official DHS seller and invited DHS for a Q&A session and post they official dialogue as a blog on the shops website - and you can't seem to read it and update your knowledge?

If you can't use DHS staff - Felix Luo's answer that is agreed by Felix to be free for the public view, then.... hm... believe what you want to believe.
BTW. you are welcome to contact felix yourself and ask if you think everyone else is lying
A reputable tt shop my ass, here gpsports is supposed to be reputable since he is the official butterfly vendor, but he doesn't know jacksh*t. They can say what they want, only confirmation from dhs will convince me. The neo doesn't fit the description of just a boosted rubber. It doesn't shrink, warp or change feeling by the passing of time, think about it dude, vendors can say what they want, say it's true just to sell. That's what most if not all do.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
A reputable tt shop my ass, here gpsports is supposed to be reputable since he is the official butterfly vendor, but he doesn't know jacksh*t. They can say what they want, only confirmation from dhs will convince me. The neo doesn't fit the description of just a boosted rubber. It doesn't shrink, warp or change feeling by the passing of time, think about it dude, vendors can say what they want, say it's true just to sell. That's what most if not all do.
haha

so you fine with a random forum member who says something that is your liking
and won't believe anything else?

and what the heck are you bringing in gpsports into this discussion, who in the world is gpsport?
If you don't know Alex and his shop/website, why are you even quoting MYTT, since the Q&A was open to OOAK and MYTT, as both Alex is the forum owner and moderator respectively for these forums.

You rather believe unofficial statement and not believe official
and here I (think I am reputable atleast), telling you, you are talking a lot of nonsense.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Okay, since you said i'm aggressive, then i'm going to ask a question to your comment here.
Who uses "custom made rubbers" that are not hurricanes, but uses the topsheet name of Hurricane in the CNT?
and your source for this statement.

This is the first time i'm hearing someone say hurricane is easy to play with. Okay.. interesting.

very interesting

okay, thanks for clearing things up
H3 is easy to play with, hard to play well with, but it's slow, spinny, has a decently high throw, but you need power and accuracy to get the most out of it. But compared to anything else like t05 it's extremely easy. It doesn't shoot like a rocket, it doesn't bite at blocking, serve receive is easy. It's an easy rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Even Ovtcharov couldn’t transition to Hurricane 3 and you say it’s easy to use?
Dima found it so so so so hard, he lost so many world ranking points with it, and gave up after a year or so of trying.
should of gotten John S as his coach.

Or John's source is able to customize a special non H3 neo #22 rubber, for example, a Butterfly rubber and then just put a H3 label on the top sheet. It is really simple as John says, since they been doing it for a few players.

In fact, why doesn't DHS just make T05/D05 etc and put DHS label on the topsheets, why bother even getting ESN to make "tensors". John needs to be hired by DHS as a consultant, since DHS is making some stupid business decisions and they are only looking after the top Chinese players and giving up on Butterfly market share in rubbers.....just imagine, they can make those non H3 rubbers and just call it DHS John for example. ITTF LARC (topsheet registration) is so cheap compared to the return on investments if they can make "super rubbers" for all.
$$$ comes into mind.

Okay, time to wake up and smell the coffee

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
H3 is easy to play? Interested.
If I tell people H3 is easy to play, I will loose my income stream as a coach. Since learning how to do that forehand is my value proposition basically. I see I have some fierce competition, to me and the thousands of coaches that train players to use H3 properly.

Reactions: ben1229
Dima found it so so so so hard, he lost so many world ranking points with it, and gave up after a year or so of trying.
should of gotten John S as his coach.

Or John's source is able to customize a special non H3 neo #22 rubber, for example, a Butterfly rubber and then just put a H3 label on the top sheet. It is really simple as John says, since they been doing it for a few players.

In fact, why doesn't DHS just make T05/D05 etc and put DHS label on the topsheets, why bother even getting ESN to make "tensors". John needs to be hired by DHS as a consultant, since DHS is making some stupid business decisions and they are only looking after the top Chinese players and giving up on Butterfly market share in rubbers.....just imagine, they can make those non H3 rubbers and just call it DHS John for example. ITTF LARC (topsheet registration) is so cheap compared to the return on investments if they can make "super rubbers" for all.
$$$ comes into mind.

Okay, time to wake up and smell the coffee
Just because You don't get power and loose more with of a rubber doesn't mean its hard to play with. So many aspects.

I am changing to Chinese rubbers now and actually enjoying it, just because I find it easier to play with. I don't win more games but I get more spin (but less overall power) and more security.

I currently have one racket equipped with H3 orange provincial and I think its easy to play with but I get more power from 729/Friendship even though the H3 was boosted with 3 layers of seamon.

In a sense You are both right with H3 more security and balls hitting the table. With ESN more winning hits. Which one wins most games is questionable....

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Just because You don't get power and loose more with of a rubber doesn't mean its hard to play with. So many aspects.

I am changing to Chinese rubbers now and actually enjoying it, just because I find it easier to play with. I don't win more games but I get more spin (but less overall power) and more security.

I currently have one racket equipped with H3 orange provincial and I think its easy to play with but I get more power from 729/Friendship even though the H3 was boosted with 3 layers of seamon.

In a sense You are both right with H3 more security and balls hitting the table. With ESN more winning hits. Which one wins most games is questionable....

Cheers
L-zr
you see, H3 is designed to be a powerful fast rubber with tons of spin.
That is why so many chooses to use it and it is getting more and more popular among top asian countries.

For people saying that they can't get the power or the rubber is slow... Well, that is why H3 isn't for everyone and there is nothing wrong with that, since Dima is a former WR no1 player.

In fact, even DHS says, #22 rubbers is designed for higher level players. #20 is easier to use as it requires a lot more effort with #22 to get the ball in.
If you have a boosted #20 and can't get power, well, I suggest getting a coach who can unleash that power.

you see, H3 is designed to be a powerful fast rubber with tons of spin.
That is why so many chooses to use it and it is getting more and more popular among top asian countries.

For people saying that they can't get the power or the rubber is slow... Well, that is why H3 isn't for everyone and there is nothing wrong with that, since Dima is a former WR no1 player.

In fact, even DHS says, #22 rubbers is designed for higher level players. #20 is easier to use as it requires a lot more effort with #22 to get the ball in.
If you have a boosted #20 and can't get power, well, I suggest getting a coach who can unleash that power.
Well, I can not agree on the speed point.
A fast rubber is fast with less effort. A slow rubber may be fast but with maximum effort.

I like slow(ish) rubbers too, but that doesn't mean I call them fast... I'm pretty sure You can get the same speed out of a dish washing sponge could You hit that harrd :)
I call them for what they are, slow.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
If I tell people H3 is easy to play, I will loose my income stream as a coach. Since learning how to do that forehand is my value proposition basically. I see I have some fierce competition, to me and the thousands of coaches that train players to use H3 properly.
I played from H 2 to H 3, like 15 years +, I still learning how to play . It's like 10%,20% 70% 80% of strength and speed , very complicated to tell every combination of power and speed will make something different out from your racket. but it's really enjoyed to play with it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Someone on TTD posted Heming Hu's video on equipment recently
when playing against others that are your level range (slightly better, same or slightly lower level) when you could win or lose on any given day against them! We all know winning/losing a match can come down to ONE point! ONE f******* point man! So if you think equipment doesn’t matter and your justification is “ma long would beat you with this thing anyway”, you’re wrong!
And more importantly:
talking about butterfly they the rubbers that they give to teemo bowl (Timo Boll) the rubbers that they give to ofter off (Ovtcharov) and Harimoto and these other really good top ten players top 20 players is a lot better than what you can get in the public like having tried bowls (Boll's) blade and all these other stuff it's it's a lot different it's just it's worlds apart it's not even remotely similar but having tried some of the chinese national teams rackets it's nice it's a noticeable difference to what you buy in the market but it's more like it's the feeling of it's similar enough it's not that different um i don't think in that terms dhs really knows how to make their pro rubbers way better than the market rubbers they're quite similar
I don't know which market versions he's referring to (just national or also provincial versions) but it's good to know that we as amateurs can get more or less the same quality rubbers from DHS that the top pro's are getting.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Someone on TTD posted Heming Hu's video on equipment recently

And more importantly:

I don't know which market versions he's referring to (just national or also provincial versions) but it's good to know that we as amateurs can get more or less the same quality rubbers from DHS that the top pro's are getting.
I raise an Australian source (Alex from OOAK) and now there is Heming (Australian no 1 at that time).
Team Australia was also sponsored by DHS for many years, (Gozo, if you think DHS only sponsors in CNT, they actually sponsored a lot of juniors in Australia too)

Pros just get custom spec versions from the H3
They don't remake a rubber totally different from H3
John S will need to give us the source to such muth, but until then, I call it utter nonsense.

I used one of the kids bat, which gas rubbers arranged directly with Ma Long, I can't say if it is his own batch or he just got it from DHS, but it is national edition H3 #22 41 and H3 37Deg Red.
The quality is way better than any nationals I used.
It is still H3, but just way better.

So many people around me have used CNT A team and B team equipment before and they all say the same thing.
The precision for DHS stars is the highest priority and they can customize from tackiness to sponge height, sponge hardness and with that to near 99.9% consistent and perfect QA is just way better than what we buy in "commercial" nationals.

I posted an "order sheet" before and I actually shared on this forum (I think) many years ago, on CNT DHS order sheet and it included the players name, specs and the quantities they ordered.
Now DHS just makes the same spec and quality and sell it under the "pro players edition" rubbers, of which is a true Pro player spec/QA rubber. There were some people calling those as fakes, but those are real in terms of quality product.

In terms of Butterfly
Yeah, the pros all get personalized rubbers and blades. If they don't have they own line(model) of blades, then they either use generic handles or use the closes handle - ie if it is a customized Visaria, they will use the Visaria handle.
The rubber quality is way better.
I tested world top 20 players bat before.

If my memory is correct Heming once also said he had Zhang Jike's BH Butterfly rubbers - which ZJK took off and gave to him and he used them and it was WOW. Heming was a Butterfly player before going to DHS (correction - it was FZD)

So many used a hard version of T05, that wasn't available to tier 2 pros.
and then they introduced T05 Hard. I know some players who used it for at least 1 to 2 years before T05 Hard was introduced

Last edited:
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
haha

so you fine with a random forum member who says something that is your liking
and won't believe anything else?

and what the heck are you bringing in gpsports into this discussion, who in the world is gpsport?
If you don't know Alex and his shop/website, why are you even quoting MYTT, since the Q&A was open to OOAK and MYTT, as both Alex is the forum owner and moderator respectively for these forums.

You rather believe unofficial statement and not believe official
and here I (think I am reputable atleast), telling you, you are talking a lot of nonsense.
At the end of the day we could be saying bull since only dhs can confirm. And they avoid talking like snails avoid salt. By the way on the official dhs site it says that the neo h3 uses the neo sponge, it doesn't say anything about boosting, unlike yinhe. Some say a representative confirmed that neos don't have boost some time ago, but I couldn't find anything on that so it's most likely crap.

Believe what you want to believe, boosted rubbers have certain characteristics, and the neo doesn't have them. Neos just don't drop like other rubbers drop. I didn't have a fake, I've played with fakes and are proper rubbish.

And lastly, there's nothing reputable about you or the store and website owner if dhs doesn't confirm anything. You're saying that you have a big following and that's why everything you say is true.

And this ties very well to the rest of the people correcting a few things you say and then trying to get back at them.

On top of that, you say you're a coach yet you say that the hurricane is a hard to play rubber. All of China and many in Europe use h3 because of how easy, controllable and effective it is. If my 70yo teammate can use it with no problem then I can't see why it would give you problem. Yes it needs different technique, what doesn't? Defence needs other technique, blocking and whatever, h3 is no tension and tacky as all hell. Blocking is automatic, spin is easy because the dwell is out of this planet, high throw angle, spin, gears, durability, etc, etc.

The only point where you will have trouble, and why many people say it's a hard rubber, is active play. It needs power to play strong, that's the only downside.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I played from H 2 to H 3, like 15 years +, I still learning how to play . It's like 10%,20% 70% 80% of strength and speed , very complicated to tell every combination of power and speed will make something different out from your racket. but it's really enjoyed to play with it.
John will say you are talking bull

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
John will say you are talking bull
Someone's salty😂

The rubber is good, that's why everyone can play with it, if you play simple, it's easy, when you advance, the rubber advances with you.

It's not like a tenergy 05 where it requires a minimum skill. The hurricane will not give you bad habits, the tenergy will, we see it all the time.

Reactions: ttarc
This user has no status.
Someone's salty😂

The rubber is good, that's why everyone can play with it, if you play simple, it's easy, when you advance, the rubber advances with you.

It's not like a tenergy 05 where it requires a minimum skill. The hurricane will not give you bad habits, the tenergy will, we see it all the time.
Of course everyone can play with it but on what level and how well? It’s not hard when you start learning tt with it and use it all time rigorously and grow up with it. But it’s hard to transition, e.g. Dima, former world No 1 couldn’t transition in an entire year.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis