H3 blue sponge vs H3 neo blue sponge

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
I have 2 main reasons to think that it may just be a different sponge altogether and not boosted.

Neos don't shrink after time, while common factory tuned rubbers shrink, like yinhe moon, neos remain the same size before and after removal.

Neos don't loose feeling like tuned rubbers do. A yinhe big dipper will loose definition and feeling after a few months, requiring proper boosting. Neos keep the feeling they have and engagement until the top sheet seperates after playing for 5 years, or you bang it against the table trying to catch a half long serve. (don't ask me how I know)

What's your view on that?
I don't agree with You, there are rubbers that change forever after treatment. I noticed that if you fix the Seamun booster with vaseline oil, the boost lasts much longer, and on some rubbers, after such a boost, the rubber will never return to its original state.
You don’t know what compound use to enhance Neo at the factory.
Once upon a time, when the trees were small, before each game and training we re-glued our rubbers with quick rubber glue, because after re-gluing the rubber became more elastic, due to which additional speed, rotation and control appeared. Without fresh glue, the rubber was dead... After the ban on quick glue, something had to be done quickly, and that’s when the Neo versions appeared, reinforced at the factory.

Reactions: Robin0910
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I don't agree with You, there are rubbers that change forever after treatment. I noticed that if you fix the Seamun booster with vaseline oil, the boost lasts much longer, and on some rubbers, after such a boost, the rubber will never return to its original state.
You don’t know what compound use to enhance Neo at the factory.
Once upon a time, when the trees were small, before each game and training we re-glued our rubbers with quick rubber glue, because after re-gluing the rubber became more elastic, due to which additional speed, rotation and control appeared. Without fresh glue, the rubber was dead... After the ban on quick glue, something had to be done quickly, and that’s when the Neo versions appeared, reinforced at the factory.
All rubbers change, loose their boost. The neo doesn't loose speed or feeling. It's like a classic chinese rubber. From that point of view it behaves very much like a dawei 388a or a battle 2. They don't loose their original feel or speed, only spin. You've surely noticed that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
All rubbers change, loose their boost. The neo doesn't loose speed or feeling. It's like a classic chinese rubber. From that point of view it behaves very much like a dawei 388a or a battle 2. They don't loose their original feel or speed, only spin. You've surely noticed that.
Again I disagree with you. Any rubber products, including table tennis rubber, change their properties over time if they are not in a deep dark vacuum :). Hurricanes become much softer over time, I hope you noticed this

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Again I disagree with you. Any rubber products, including table tennis rubber, change their properties over time if they are not in a deep dark vacuum :). Hurricanes become much softer over time, I hope you noticed this
Dude... I mean the feeling.

Compare a brand new tenergy 05 to how it feels and plays after a month, then how it feels after 2 years. It's gonna feel mushy, most catapult will disappear the tensor feel will not exist.

The neo breaks in after a few weeks and keeps a relatively consistent crisp feeling and engagement 4-5 years later. These rubbers never really fall unless they sustain physical damage. A common problem is the top sheet separating for example.

Weathered Tenergies become fancy srivers, hurricanes keep consistent feel for years, they don't drop like tensors do. If it was boosted then the rubber would feel like normal hurricane after half a year. But it doesn't, the neo feels completely different, it's crisp and engaging, the old is passive and flat.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
go watch Heming's video and please write your feedback from the video.
I watched it. Heming says yes for DHS but only slightly better. Maybe just more consistent. DHS does not have R&D or QA to make Ma Long's rubbers so much better than others.

But then you also said you play with a kid's hand-down Ma Long rubbers and you said it is absolutely amazing so that's why I am confused.

Some people also said that the Ma Long or Wang Chuqin's rubbers on sales seem to be the real deal because DHS can just change the spec "a little bit" and mass produce those and sell then for $130 a sheet.

Heming also said for Butterfly, definitely Timo Boll's rubbers are much much above the commerical ones on the market.

Then someone said yeah, of course. Pro's got Tenergy 05 hard a few years before the general public got Tenergy 05 hard.

So that's why I am totally confused!!!

Please clarify if you can. Thank you!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I watched it. Heming says yes for DHS but only slightly better. Maybe just more consistent. DHS does not have R&D or QA to make Ma Long's rubbers so much better than others.

But then you also said you play with a kid's hand-down Ma Long rubbers and you said it is absolutely amazing so that's why I am confused.

Some people also said that the Ma Long or Wang Chuqin's rubbers on sales seem to be the real deal because DHS can just change the spec "a little bit" and mass produce those and sell then for $130 a sheet.

Heming also said for Butterfly, definitely Timo Boll's rubbers are much much above the commerical ones on the market.

Then someone said yeah, of course. Pro's got Tenergy 05 hard a few years before the general public got Tenergy 05 hard.

For DHS, since each player has they preferred spec - like some people on this forum want more tacky. Then maybe with that extra tacky added on, it would be so important, but for me, where I won't want it, then it will be worse.
DHS can customize the tack and grip, the sponge hardness and thickness and with that to your specification, it will do wonders.

Then, DHS does have R&D (else why everyone is trying beat H3?) and QA.
and yes, National just feels better and more consistent than Provincial, and same as player version compared to National.

I'm not a Butterfly user, so I can only really comment on my experience with years of my own DHS rubber, versus those "special rubbers".

I can only give hearsay on Butterfly, but the sponsored ones are indeed higher quality too.

It shouldn't be suprising that each TT company would want their star player to have the absolutely finest. However Timo has publicly said, he only use retail. Both myself and many don't believe that. Maybe Butterfly put his rubbers in retail packaging, while pros do get rubbers in non retail packaging (bulk pack).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
For DHS, since each player has they preferred spec - like some people on this forum want more tacky. Then maybe with that extra tacky added on, it would be so important, but for me, where I won't want it, then it will be worse.
DHS can customize the tack and grip, the sponge hardness and thickness and with that to your specification, it will do wonders.

Then, DHS does have R&D (else why everyone is trying beat H3?) and QA.
and yes, National just feels better and more consistent than Provincial, and same as player version compared to National.

I'm not a Butterfly user, so I can only really comment on my experience with years of my own DHS rubber, versus those "special rubbers".

I can only give hearsay on Butterfly, but the sponsored ones are indeed higher quality too.

It shouldn't be suprising that each TT company would want their star player to have the absolutely finest. However Timo has publicly said, he only use retail. Both myself and many don't believe that. Maybe Butterfly put his rubbers in retail packaging, while pros do get rubbers in non retail packaging (bulk pack).
Ahhhh makes senses. The truth always somewhere lies in the "middle."

Thank you for the explanation!

I have been using commercial for years for H3 orange sponge. I just got a couple sheets of National because Aliexpress has it on sales (I skipped the provincial part). Those sheets are not open yet because I am busy breaking down a few rubbers of my commercial orange sponge. When I get the time to put them on, I will see if they are really worth the extra $$$.

I also can clearly tell that TT11 is selling Ma Long forehand rubber which is 42 degree blue sponge but it is now out of stock. There is no way I can play 42 degree DHS. It will be hard as a brick for me! I have been so used to 39 degree. Recently I got a sheet for 40 degree and I am still trying to get adjusted to it. Ma Long backhand is red, 37 degree. Well I cannot use hurricane on the backhand side. I am addicted to ESN rubber. So I am not eager to get what the pro's have. But eventually if they come back in stock, it might be interesting to buy one sheet and one sheet only.

Again, thank you! :) :)

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023

Not a big different, Between player version and National version. And the one I have on blade now Lin gao Yuan Korea open also not a big different. Compared them , the Lin one has a thicker rubber tip sheet, harder sponge. The only different I can tell is when you hit the ball like 5 feet from the table, Lin one is easier to land where you want.

says what [IMG]
Nobody's really asking the question if specially tuned fancy professional competition equipment is even ideal for amateurs or even semi-pros. Most people might just be paying 4-5x more for less ideal parameters.

I find it hard to believe minor changes will result in an objectively better part with more of everything good and less of everything bad, apart from perhaps just better QC. So it's going to be a tradeoff, probably towards racket head speeds not even achievable by most people and touch feeling that's not developed enough in most people.

Not that I know anything, but just from an engineering standpoint.

Reactions: latej