Haifu Whale 2?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
IMG_20230723_153849.jpg

Question about this product. My friend was using this and he thought it was a booster. But I'm pretty sure it is a glue.

Is it a speed glue with tension giving properties? How long does the speed effect last?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
View attachment 25992

Question about this product. My friend was using this and he thought it was a booster. But I'm pretty sure it is a glue.

Is it a speed glue with tension giving properties? How long does the speed effect last?
like ben says ,it is a VOC glue unlike what is most on the market these days, the water-based glues.
It works, as far as the application is concerned similar as the water based glues but are not applied with a sponge but with brush.
The glue dries in a couple of minutes so if you apply 2-3 layers the rubber can be on the blade, cut and trimmed ready to play in 10 minutes.
It removes same as the WB glues but I find that the layers are thinner.
I also found these kind of glues quite uneconomical because applying them with a brush you seem to put more glue on to the rubbers and the blade.........but then they are cheaper than the WB glues.
These are just glues, they do not IMO change the sponges, unlike the Speed glues that are designed to do just that.

Reactions: ben1229
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
like ben says ,it is a VOC glue unlike what is most on the market these days, the water-based glues.
It works, as far as the application is concerned similar as the water based glues but are not applied with a sponge but with brush.
The glue dries in a couple of minutes so if you apply 2-3 layers the rubber can be on the blade, cut and trimmed ready to play in 10 minutes.
It removes same as the WB glues but I find that the layers are thinner.
I also found these kind of glues quite uneconomical because applying them with a brush you seem to put more glue on to the rubbers and the blade.........but then they are cheaper than the WB glues.
These are just glues, they do not IMO change the sponges, unlike the Speed glues that are designed to do just that.
But it says it actually is a speed glue here:

So assuming it is a speed glue, do they change the sponge after you apply it? Does the sponge become permanently altered somewhat? Does the glue build up in the sponge if you apply it multiple times?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Paper prints everything !!!!!
My experience is: If it is actually acting as a glue = it does not boost
if it needs a second bottle to glue the rubber to the blade = it is a booster
Have i got 2 bottles in the fridge ?????? No. 3 🤣

I got the oily stuff
the voc boost stuff
and the voc glue stuff.

When the BIG BOOOST is finished after 2 to 4 hours and they suggest you wait a week
before you go to a tournament, how much boosting will be left ??????
I mean : Why bother ?

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Strong smell would be indicative of presence of some organic solvents, --toluene, benzene and the suchlike. No smell - no expanding effect.

Reactions: riemsesy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Yep. It's a booster that gives most effect the day it's applied. According to Haifu the Blue Whale II gives maximal effect for 4-6 hours and Blue Whale III, which is a bit more runny lasts a bit longer. I feel that the effect is really good the same day and then wears off bit by bit quite faster than an ordinary booster.

The curling goes quite fast, so you could get a rubber to expand and dry in ten minutes or so compared to a normal booster that will take longer time to expand. I feel that the adhesive properties aren't that great, but it works. I usually use a normal VOC free glue like TT Revolution No.3 to glue the rubber to the blade after using these Blue Whale boosters. These boosters are super if you have a rubber that shrunk and you want it to expand really fast to fit on a blade that's bigger.

Reactions: TensorBackhand
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Yep. It's a booster that gives most effect the day it's applied. According to Haifu the Blue Whale II gives maximal effect for 4-6 hours and Blue Whale III, which is a bit more runny lasts a bit longer. I feel that the effect is really good the same day and then wears off bit by bit quite faster than an ordinary booster.

The curling goes quite fast, so you could get a rubber to expand and dry in ten minutes or so compared to a normal booster that will take longer time to expand. I feel that the adhesive properties aren't that great, but it works. I usually use a normal VOC free glue like TT Revolution No.3 to glue the rubber to the blade after using these Blue Whale boosters. These boosters are super if you have a rubber that shrunk and you want it to expand really fast to fit on a blade that's bigger.
The maximum effect is 4-6 hours.

How much booster effect remains after 1 week?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
The maximum effect is 4-6 hours.

How much booster effect remains after 1 week?
Well. I don't know exactly, but the rubber is still stretched so I guess it's that effect that's still there. As the booster works so fast and dries up quickly must indicate that the effect wears off quite fast to.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Well. I don't know exactly, but the rubber is still stretched so I guess it's that effect that's still there. As the booster works so fast and dries up quickly must indicate that the effect wears off quite fast to.
Does the rubber remain permanently stretched and large?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I tested the Whale 2 speed glue on a sheet of Victas Triple Double today. I put just 1 very very thin layer on because I was worried about bubbling.

But so far it shows no signs of bubbling. The tell-tale sign of bubbling is that the throw angle becomes lower, as the rubber pips are loose and can't "bite" the ball as normal. So far it feels totally normal.

But I quite like the speed glue. It makes the sponge feel more alive and easy to use. I just wonder if I really need to do it every session.

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp