Handshaking

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
YosuaYosan
That is an awesome video dude. Nicely done!

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I think the weak slap no look handshake is quite disrespectful, usually when the player loses, you find this with a lot of young and lesser experienced players who haven't developed a more humble nature from experience. I always give a proper handshake when I can i.e when the other player isn't already half walking away. After a good match I will usually pat the other player on the back and congratulate them on their play. It's a common courtesy which is sometimes overlooked in the sport and it certainly shouldn't be! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Well watching those videos, sometimes I think there is rating speed a little different..
I think it is a little faster than it would be at 100% speed..
Their moves seem a little faster, all of them, so .. Would be nice to see how it is at normal speed.. :)

But anyways it is really different and you can see - even the chinese or asian players, their handshakes are real!
Today it is much different, but I see a progress in it.. at least I think so, hehe :)

says http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fee_GZUUelw
says http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fee_GZUUelw
Nov 2010
one time i won chinese player Hung Ka Tak and were about to give a handshake and he just touch my fingertops with his finger and he walks away, his coach had already left the hall LOL

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2011
Handshaking after the match describe the sportsmanship spirit. I think, Most of all the Players are shaking the hands after finishing the match and give congrats to the winning player.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2011
i think the chinese players shake hands because they have to, they play so often together but if you see timo boll there is a different he often shake hands and say something but the chinese don´t look at the opponent

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I reckon its more of a culture thing than respect as I expect the chinese would have some respect for a player of the calibre of Timo Boll and others, so they must just be taught the handshake means very little whereas the western way seems more about respect. Would love to hear views from any east asian players or players who have played in these countries.

Recently I was in Japan for work. They do not have the notion of shaking hands, they bow. They are very reluctant to shake hands, not because of bad will, but they don't know it. They just don't do it, so in the beginning it was a little awkward when you get a "fluffy" handshake or non at all, but if you bow they will do the same thing and treat you with (much) respect. I think in general Asians don't shake ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2011
I have never walked away from a match without shakinghands win or lose. I think its terrible when my oppenonet dosen't shakehands with me I think that that person has no sportmenship and there club or school has not tought them respect or sportsmenship. For example I was in a tournament I had made it to the semies and I lost the game and the player screamed at the top of his lungs and he walked away and I said that is not sportsmenship then my my mum actually said no you shake hands after a match win or lose. Because thats how I was brought up. So I always shakehands after a match. I says thanks and well played and keep eye contact.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Ha ha you make me laugh Azlan! It's funny when the excuses come out - though i've never heard anyone blame their undies!! ha ha! you are right, loosing is part of the game. Even if I give my opponent a hell of a beating I still say 'well played' what else can I say? I won't give them a lecture on how to play. Win or loose it's a handshake, eye contact and usually 'well played mate'.