Has anybody boosted Hammond Z2?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Has anybody boosted Hammond Z2 before? How does it respond to booster?

I have a sheet of Z2, but its cut too small for my blade. I want to use seamoon to expand it so it fits my blade better. Performance-wise, I actually don't think the rubber needs booster at all. But I'm worried that applying booster might make the sponge mushy or change the throw angle or something else.

Any good or bad experiences boosting Z2?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Has anybody boosted Hammond Z2 before? How does it respond to booster?

I have a sheet of Z2, but its cut too small for my blade. I want to use seamoon to expand it so it fits my blade better. Performance-wise, I actually don't think the rubber needs booster at all. But I'm worried that applying booster might make the sponge mushy or change the throw angle or something else.

Any good or bad experiences boosting Z2?
Too small right? If I were you I would try to expand it anyway. Me personally and after my experience found out that FTL expands the rubber significantly more than Seamoon.

says Table Tennis - the sport for life.
says Table Tennis - the sport for life.
Jan 2013
I bought several Hammond Z2 rubbers and i never boosted any and i won't at all, i like it as it is really, i think i have one or two of them bubbled but i think maybe because of the glue not the booster, but that won't stop me from buying it again and again.
It's quite rare for a Japan-made rubber to bubble. How long did you use it for?

This user has no status.
It's quite rare for a Japan-made rubber to bubble. How long did you use it for?
That is the mystery about it, i mean the first one i played with like 1 year and it didn't bubble, the second it bubbled maybe after two times of use, and the last one just bubbled straight away, so i think it is how it is being glued or treated maybe, the last one i gave it to a friend as he requested me to glue it for me, while the first one done by a coach who i always trust, so i can't judge, i ordered 3 more rubbers few days ago for new and old blades and i will see.