Has Anyone Tried Large Ball Rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
There is a whole range of large ball rubbers to choose from, I don't know if they are more popular in Asia? Butterfly, Nittaku etc... Just be interested to hear anyone's thoughts on them. If they have used them before and how they play. Thanks for your reply 👍

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
There is a whole range of large ball rubbers to choose from, I don't know if they are more popular in Asia? Butterfly, Nittaku etc... Just be interested to hear anyone's thoughts on them. If they have used them before and how they play. Thanks for your reply 👍
I assume ""large ball"" refers to the 40+ ball which has been in use for a long time now.
Manufacturers advertise both rubbers and blades as "specifically made for the large ball" but
by now this is getting a bit long in the tooth. Even in a small club of a provincial town of a third -world country we exclusively play with those balls.
The rest is simply advertising gimmicks. 🤣

Reactions: Choosikick
says I buy too much equipment
says I buy too much equipment
Jul 2019
I assume ""large ball"" refers to the 40+ ball which has been in use for a long time now.
Manufacturers advertise both rubbers and blades as "specifically made for the large ball" but
by now this is getting a bit long in the tooth. Even in a small club of a provincial town of a third -world country we exclusively play with those balls.
The rest is simply advertising gimmicks. 🤣
No they are for a 44mm ball. Never seen anyone play with them, never tried the rubbers.

Reactions: DG89 and hclnnkhg
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
maybe, but I don't think so.
The rubbers you mention are ITTF approved but the 44mm balls are only used in Japan or at least are only approved by the JTTA for juniors and old players
Most large ball gear can be identified by the 44 or "large" in their name, they're all made for the 44mm ball. When companies want to reference the plastic ball they will call it 40+

Reactions: DG89
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
They seem to be the same rubbers on a softer sponge. Most hits in large ball is basically a smash/flat hit