Has anyone tried Yasaka Rising Dragon?

This user has no status.
Just returning to TT after a long break, I need some advice on my penhold set-up. The blade and the backhand rubber are pretty much set.
I am struggling to find a forehand rubber for YEO, I have heard the Stiga DNA dragon grip is the best alternative to H3 without needing booster but it is pretty much sold out everywhere on Taobao. Neo Skyline II and III need booster to be viable and I don't want the hassle of boosting right now. Is Yasaka Rising Dragon a good fit? I like tacky and hard rubber on my forehand. I play with Traditional Penhold Backhand and no RPB right now, looking to incorporate RPB to my game in the future. The backhand rubber is there mostly to put on weight, and I want a thinner sponge for a comfier grip.

Blade: Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive (Penhold)
FH rubber: Yasaka Rising Dragon (Max)
BH rubber: Yasaka Rigan Spin (1.8mm) or Yasaka Mark V (1.8mm or lower)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Yasaka Rising Dragon is not bad but it's also discontinued I think. Last time I tried to get some from ebay I got scammed and did not discover it until too late. There are a newer bunch of hybids/Chinese tackies that work like the Loki Arthur China or rubbers from Yinhe. There's also Glayzer or Dignics 09C if you can afford the bling.

This user has no status.
Yasaka Rising Dragon is not bad but it's also discontinued I think. Last time I tried to get some from ebay I got scammed and did not discover it until too late. There are a newer bunch of hybids/Chinese tackies that work like the Loki Arthur China or rubbers from Yinhe. There's also Glayzer or Dignics 09C if you can afford the bling.
Maybe it is discontinued in regions outside of Japan? It is still up on the product page of Yasaka Japan https://www.yasakajp.com/items/rising-dragon/ and I can easily get it off Amazon JP with plenty of stock.

This user has no status.
So they were selling fake Yasaka rubber to you? That's rare for them to replicate Yasaka product because they are not popular at all.

This user has no status.
I have considered Chinese rubber like the 729 battle II blue sponge, but after reading reviews, quality of Chinese rubbers is very inconsistent. I actually like my all Yasaka set-up. Eager to try Skyline II blue sponge and booster when I have the budget and time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
So they were selling fake Yasaka rubber to you? That's rare for them to replicate Yasaka product because they are not popular at all.
The scam was they shipped Shining Dragon in a repackaged as Rising Dragon and the other Rising Dragon felt different than the one I had or some other shady thing like that IIRC.

If you want Yasaka, try the Rakza Z instead.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
I have considered Chinese rubber like the 729 battle II blue sponge, but after reading reviews, quality of Chinese rubbers is very inconsistent. I actually like my all Yasaka set-up. Eager to try Skyline II blue sponge and booster when I have the budget and time.

Haven't seen that much variation with my H3s. Only a too soft H8-80. 729 Battle 3 has very good quality and is closer to H3 than B2.
For an all Yasaka setup you could try Rakza Z (~50° ESN / 38.5° Shore A same as the Rising Dragon) or Rakza Z Extra Hard (~55° ESN / 41° Shore A) but at least the normal Rakza Z has a quite high throw compared to B2, B3 or H3.
Hurricane 8-80 38 could also be an option for FH. Around the same hardness or a bit softer than Rakza Z or Rising Dragon but can be played without boosting.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Just returning to TT after a long break, I need some advice on my penhold set-up. The blade and the backhand rubber are pretty much set.
I am struggling to find a forehand rubber for YEO, I have heard the Stiga DNA dragon grip is the best alternative to H3 without needing booster but it is pretty much sold out everywhere on Taobao. Neo Skyline II and III need booster to be viable and I don't want the hassle of boosting right now. Is Yasaka Rising Dragon a good fit? I like tacky and hard rubber on my forehand. I play with Traditional Penhold Backhand and no RPB right now, looking to incorporate RPB to my game in the future. The backhand rubber is there mostly to put on weight, and I want a thinner sponge for a comfier grip.

Blade: Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive (Penhold)
FH rubber: Yasaka Rising Dragon (Max)
BH rubber: Yasaka Rigan Spin (1.8mm) or Yasaka Mark V (1.8mm or lower)
You can try yasaka hovering dragon (亚萨卡飞龙) quite the hot topic on douyin and bilibili