[Help] Need to find 729 Rubber For Backhand

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I'm playing 729 battle pro blue spone in my FH , BH is Dig09C , and I like being full .
Now I want to try playing BH is Chinese rubber .
Saw a few reviews and found h8-80 . But i'm not a fan of DHS because DHS rubber always need to boots . I really hate that :D .

pls recommend me the 729 rubber for BH

Thank you so much !!

Last edited:
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
If looking for a rubber that doesn't need booster I'm sure you want something tensorish. I tried 729 Aurora Max. After D09C it would be slow and not that spinny but with more control. Medium hard or hard version should be good. Also 729 has real tensors — Derwind Rayhe and Stolz. They are like DHS Goldarc 8 and 5(from what I heard). Japan-made 729 rubbers — 729 Visnatura and Pando. Pando is like Vega Euro, Visnatura is like Vega Pro(again from what I heard) these rubbers are a bit overpriced: Vega Pro is cheaper than Visnatura. 729 has China - made rubbers that can be compared with tensors - Presto Speed and Spin, Presto Max Speed and Spin. Presto Max are like Tibhar Aurus but with durability problems. Prestos are are a bit softer and a bit slower (like grippier ak47 yellow or blue). Again from what I heard.
729 Dragon F is like a H8-80. Dragon L is like Aurora Max(again and again, I didn't try those).Anyway there is no 729 rubber that can compete with D09C. TB wrote he has really liked Yinhe Moon 12 Blue. I think in M+ and H- it might be the closest cheap thing to D09C. Or Moon Speed 53 , but it has low throw. Check the Yinhe rubbers, they have better options. Or Sanwei Gear Hyper.
BTW do you boost your 729 Battle 2 BS? How is it compared with D09C?

Oh, noticed you want a CHINESE rubber playable on BH. If it means tacky and bouncy - 729 Dragon F mid-soft or mid-hard could be the best 729 option. Again, it's not bouncy and a bit deadish, like H8-80.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
BTW do you boost your 729 Battle 2 BS? How is it compared with D09C?
I hate boots because it takes time . That's why I don't use DHS products
I didn't boot B2. B2 is quite similar to Dig09 , Dig09 will be a little faster

I think I'll try Derwind Rayhe and Stolz
But I don't see the number 729 on the packaging and racket head, is it from 729?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I hate boots because it takes time . That's why I don't use DHS products
I didn't boot B2. B2 is quite similar to Dig09 , Dig09 will be a little faster

I think I'll try Derwind Rayhe and Stolz
But I don't see the number 729 on the packaging and racket head, is it from 729?
It is 729 Sub-brand, owned by 729

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I'm playing 729 battle pro blue spone in my FH , BH is Dig09C , and I like being full .
Saw a few reviews and found h8-80 . But i'm not a fan of DHS because DHS rubber always need to boots . I really hate that :D .

Thank you so much !!
If you like the set up, then stick with Dig09c on the BH. You really cannot find a chinese equivalent. Dig09c should last a long time so instead of trying various rubbers, stick with Dig09c and it should be cheaper for you in the long run.

Reactions: aveo1102
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
I just tried bouncing a ball on my new LAC, but it doesn't rebound as much as D09c or Dragon Grip.

Are you sure it doesn't need booster?
Mine needed to "break in" a bit by hitting & spining until it bounce more, just glued it was too tacky & firm i think. Still it doesnt rebound as much as the D09c of my teammate but its really close.
Here is a comparison between new Arthur Europe Diamond & just glued LAC. Now it bounces quite a bit.

Reactions: aveo1102 and Fnub
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews

Thank you so much !!

H8-80 does not need boosting but I've seen some quality issues (two had 37° but the third one was maybe just 35° and much lighter)...
B2 or H3 vs. Dignics 09C: D09C is faster, more catapulty on low power strokes than B2, B3 or H3 and has a way higher throw angle.
From memory: I didn't like Bloom Spin and Power on neither FH nor BH but I think that I got the softer 45° (ESN scale) versions. Just to soft for a tacky rubber. Might work on BH.
729 Presto Spin (Max): Quite good, non-tacky rubber, soft 42 and 44 or 46° (Spin Max), topsheet not that durable if one relies on thin contacts.
729 Visnatura: Made in Japan, also quite good, non-tacky rubber, not that grippy on thin contacts but also not that spin sensitive.
729 Dragon L: Mid-soft around 45° ESN tested unboosted. Barely tacky and less grippy than Dragon F, faster on low power shots, bottoms out to early on full power strokes. Better if hitting through the sponge with a fuller contact to get spin and grip. Afaik Dragon L is not available with a harder sponge but it is a easy to use, fast and grippy enough rubber.
729 Dragon F: Mid-hard around 50° ESN (38/39° DHS, 40° Butterfly), quite tacky, unboosted to hard for my backhand, boosted much better to use on BH. Still better to be used with fuller contact strokes but thin contacts work better than with the Dragon L. Currently I'm preferring Dragon F over H8-80 37 and H3 37 on my BH.
729 Battle 2 with the softer 37 DHS/47 ESN sponge might also work on BH.

@729: Please offer a 37° Battle 3 for my BH or just glue the Battle 3 topsheet on a mid-hard (not too hard) Dragon F sponge ;)

729_rubbers.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Mine needed to "break in" a bit by hitting & spining until it bounce more, just glued it was too tacky & firm i think. Still it doesnt rebound as much as the D09c of my teammate but its really close.
Here is a comparison between new Arthur Europe Diamond & just glued LAC. Now it bounces quite a bit.
View attachment 26601
Ok, hopefuly mine gets more bouncy after I play with it a bit.