New blade and OX Pips

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Hello,

first about my current set up: a Stiga Defensive Pro with a Vega Europe in 1.8mm and the normal Tibhar Grass in 1.0mm.

Originally I planned modern defense but that won't work anyway xD

I tend to play at the table and occasionally attack with the pimples on the table. But I also rotate a lot so that I'm not so one-sided.

Now I want a more offensive blade and rubbers after the round.

I would like to play OX as a pimple, but I don't know which one. Safety and control are more important to me than the disruptive effect. Maybe just the normal grass in OX?

I would choose a thicker and slightly harder forehand rubber. Vega Pro or something like that or hybrid, there's a lot to choose from, I'll find something there

Now the question is, which blade for the above-mentioned rubber combination?
Rather a solid blade or carbon? I'm also open to ALC or ZLC and so on. What would be a good fit?

Thanks for your suggestions and answers in advance.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Hello,

first about my current set up: a Stiga Defensive Pro with a Vega Europe in 1.8mm and the normal Tibhar Grass in 1.0mm.

Originally I planned modern defense but that won't work anyway xD

I tend to play at the table and occasionally attack with the pimples on the table. But I also rotate a lot so that I'm not so one-sided.

Now I want a more offensive blade and rubbers after the round.

I would like to play OX as a pimple, but I don't know which one. Safety and control are more important to me than the disruptive effect. Maybe just the normal grass in OX?

I would choose a thicker and slightly harder forehand rubber. Vega Pro or something like that or hybrid, there's a lot to choose from, I'll find something there

Now the question is, which blade for the above-mentioned rubber combination?
Rather a solid blade or carbon? I'm also open to ALC or ZLC and so on. What would be a good fit?

Thanks for your suggestions and answers in advance.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
Safety and control do not go together with long pips. If you want safety and control, maybe try short pips? You can try short pips in ox version as well.

If you want something harder than Europe, then try Xiom Vega Asia or Xiom Vega Japan. I am not sure you want to go hard, all the way to Xiom Vega Pro or Xiom Vega X yet.

I would go for a hard, solid 5-ply or 7-ply all wood blade. They are fast enough. And you get a lot of control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Safety and control do not go together with long pips. If you want safety and control, maybe try short pips? You can try short pips in ox version as well.

If you want something harder than Europe, then try Xiom Vega Asia or Xiom Vega Japan. I am not sure you want to go hard, all the way to Xiom Vega Pro or Xiom Vega X yet.

I would go for a hard, solid 5-ply or 7-ply all wood blade. They are fast enough. And you get a lot of control.
Well how much i can get with long pips of course, i find the grass def very controlled.

Okay thank you, yeah question is what blade xD

But these are 2 very different blades or am i wrong?
Very different, but both ones go well with LP. You could make some research and evaluate if some of them could fit to your needs or not. Classic choppers use Joo Saehyuk blade, which is not available anymore and Diode V (with enlarged blade head, btw) is the recommended replacement. Matador Texa Carbon is a flexible blade with different sides - slower BH side for LP or anti, and faster FH carbon side for any regular inverted rubber or short pips. MTC seems to be quite popular now.