Help what happened?/

This user has no status.
The only possibility to survive this situation as a happy man is to make a deal with your adversary. Offer him all your money, in return he has to let you win. He will be a rich man, you'll have your girlfriend back as she is into winners. You will be happy again, indeed broke but still happy. Win-Win-situation.

says what [IMG]
What OP needs is a nice and forgiving, maybe a bit slow blade, something like a Schlager Carbon or a Hinoki one-ply, then slap some good beginner rubber on it, like un-boosted (Boosting is illegal!) DHS H3.

OP hasn't told us what equipment his opponent is using: surely it's better than his. With a good setup OP can continue to improve and maybe one day hit the mid 2000's.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Bro i think u should just first find out the spin of the serve. Watch the ball carefully and his serve motion then anticipate. Then, quickly decide whether to loop or chop it. If its long then loop it but if short then flick or chop. I would chop it first if short then wait for a return and then loop after. I think his serve is just a heavy backspin serve or a no spin serve. Good luck lad.

This user has no status.
All right, I'm going to give you homework.

Next time you see him, ask to see his paddle. If he doesn't show it come tell us.

If he does show it, look for the following:
1) where did he buy it from?
2) name of the rubbers on each side (you can find the name where the handle on the paddle meets the round part).
3) what it says on the handle.

Be discreet. Come back and tell us and we will let you know if you are being hustled or not.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
The only possibility to survive this situation as a happy man is to make a deal with your adversary. Offer him all your money, in return he has to let you win. He will be a rich man, you'll have your girlfriend back as she is into winners. You will be happy again, indeed broke but still happy. Win-Win-situation.

Won't work. Our poster is worried about losing his lunch money. So what is his net worth? Can't be one to make this an attractive deal for the adversary. Plus, the girl, who first dropped our friend for being a lousy ping pong player will then drop him for being broke and a loser in that realm. No. Our man has to play the long game that I suggested earlier. It may take 20 years, but will work in the end.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I feel like leaving a comedy story. This is perhaps 4 years ago. I was in this bar that has two tables. At this bar when we used to go, it was very common for guys to walk up and say things like: "I'm the best player in here. Nobody in here could beat me. I'll bet you $500.00 I can beat you!" Often they hit a few balls and realized they had no chance and no longer wanted to play for money which was fine because I wasn't going to let them play for money anyway even though these were often Wall Street guys who could afford losing that kind of money.

Anyway, so, this one time I was in there with two friends who both are originally from Russia so they like to say some totally funny stuff in Russian so the Uhmurkan's around them don't know what they are saying. And of course neither do I. But they fill me in after the fact.

Anyway. I am playing this guy and his friend is telling my Russian friends that his friend is the best player in NY State and he is State Champion and my friends see no need to say anything in Russian because this guy clearly can't play and is getting a thumping. We were playing to 21 and he may have gotten 3 points in the first game. It was in that ballpark.

So one of my friends said to his friend, "well, it's kind of funny that your friend is the best player in NY State and is getting beaten so badly. Clearly he isn't even the best player in this bar. And my friend really isn't very good compared to plenty of people we know. So if your friend isn't the best in this bar, how could he be the best in the state?"

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
why the spoof thread ?

Do you mean why hijack the thread?

Well, seeing as the OP has not been back since 5am that night, the question still remains, was he for real or was he yanking our chains.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 6 reviews
Since this topic is dead, I will allow myself to go back to page 1 where Carl wrote this

Why do I say this:

11+5=16. So each of you served 8 times.

11+3=14 which means each of you served 7 times.

So, in each game, you each got the same number of serves.

Carl, I think that almost noone read Your post till the end. I can't find any other explanation for the fact that everyone silently agreed that sentence "each of you served 7 times" is perfectly fine when talking about table tennis xD

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Since this topic is dead, I will allow myself to go back to page 1 where Carl wrote this

Carl, I think that almost noone read Your post till the end. I can't find any other explanation for the fact that everyone silently agreed that sentence "each of you served 7 times" is perfectly fine when talking about table tennis xD

Hahaha. Drunken logic. You are right. If OP served first in that game he served 8x if he served 2nd he served 6x.