How long protective film lasts?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I do not know how long they last but have never felt the need to replace one.
I do clean them ever so often, when they look a bit dirty.
It really depends on how one treats them.
When you pull them off the clean rubbers don't lay them somewhere in a dirty place but keep them clean, the two surfaces that touched the rubbers facing one another.
Do not offer them back up to the rubbers before you cleaned the rubbers after the session. If you can't wash the rubbers straight after the session , take the blade home, wash the rubbers and only then offer the sheets back on to the rubbers. Make sure the rubbers are dry and gently press all the air bubbles out.
This system works for me and applies to the protective films that are not sticky themselves.

Reactions: Speed
This user has no status.
I do not know how long they last but have never felt the need to replace one.
I do clean them ever so often, when they look a bit dirty.
It really depends on how one treats them.
When you pull them off the clean rubbers don't lay them somewhere in a dirty place but keep them clean, the two surfaces that touched the rubbers facing one another.
Do not offer them back up to the rubbers before you cleaned the rubbers after the session. If you can't wash the rubbers straight after the session , take the blade home, wash the rubbers and only then offer the sheets back on to the rubbers. Make sure the rubbers are dry and gently press all the air bubbles out.
This system works for me and applies to the protective films that are not sticky themselves.
How you clean protective films?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I stand corrected! But why would you want something with glue touching your non-tacky rubber? In my experience the non-sticky protective films work alright if there's a little moisture on the rubber, like if you breathe on it and then press the air bubbles out
again the wise men are divided on this.
Some say it is fine to have moisture , even water between the rubber and the protective film.
I belong to the other fraction because H2O, water, contains oxygen and
makes ugly flat spots on the rubbers.

This user has no status.
Hi! I just bought H3 NEO and protective films so how long does protective film lasts? And do I have to clean protective film?
They should last forever, when u see a dust just clean it with soap and warm water and make sure to buy non sticky protective films because you use tacky rubber(H3).And put it on after u clean rubber and after cleaner dry.

Enjoy :)

again the wise men are divided on this.
Some say it is fine to have moisture , even water between the rubber and the protective film.
I belong to the other fraction because H2O, water, contains oxygen and
makes ugly flat spots on the rubbers.
Yep, I find that sticky rubbers need to be completely dry for the stickiness to return.
For non stickies I think it doesn't matter much.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: Speed
says Master blocker
says Master blocker
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
I stand corrected! But why would you want something with glue touching your non-tacky rubber? In my experience the non-sticky protective films work alright if there's a little moisture on the rubber, like if you breathe on it and then press the air bubbles out

I use sticky protective sheets and never had a problem. Not only they prolong rubbers life but dust sticks to the sheets, leaving the rubbers much cleaner.