How often to change table tennis rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Hmm, that's good info for me. Though anyway, might replace h3 for now. I am thinking of geeting more dynamic rubber for bh than what I have, but maybe I don't think my bh is that strong to use a modern advance rubber. Might develop some outstanding techniques first. Thanks for the info! I will definitely put them into use.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

instead of changing your FH rubber from hurricane to something else, why not change the blade instead? YEO with hurricane is good but something like TBS is even better and you still get to keep those insane short serves and pushes that will become harder to get if you switch rubber.

Reactions: achalwins94
This user has no status.
instead of changing your FH rubber from hurricane to something else, why not change the blade instead? YEO with hurricane is good but something like TBS is even better and you still get to keep those insane short serves and pushes that will become harder to get if you switch rubber.
You are correct, but I would like to use right now an all wood blade. I think that I still haven't learnt everything and hence feel is important. A clipper blade would be a better choice, as told many times, and I have one clone of it, Dhs pg7, which is my backup blade, and yes it has more dwell, hence better short game. But it has less power, I feel, as compared to yeo.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
There is NEVER a blade that does everything super world class outstanding. Sometimes, you give up on something a little or a lot to gain a performance edge in something else.

At the end of the day, you settle on a blade that allows you to consistently make quality shots on the shots you use most and trouble your opponents doing so. FEEL of the blade and your confidence are also important factors.

I have discovered I can play at pretty much the same level using MANY of my Nexy blades, some all wood, some composite, but I have settled on the Kim Jung Hoon blade as the best balance for what I want to do to trouble opponent, feel good, and still keep it on the table with quality shots.

For sure, the Kim Jung Hoon isn't the only blade in the world wiht a great balance to facilitate me in doing the things I want to do. EVERY company has several I could like and function well with for those specs. We discover them for ourselves as we play and use equipment.