How to become a ITTF coach

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Does anyone know if the top world class coaches have the ITTF qualifications? I would like to get level 1 & 2 in ITTF qualifications.

On ITTF website, there is a list of all ITTF certified level 1, 2 and 3 coaches.
I'm not sure if that list is up to date or accurate, but there sure isn't a lot of names on there.
If you filter by Asia - hardly any one.

So to answer your question - all the top Asian coaches, do not have ITTF certification.

Lots of countries have they own - ie Australia (where the ITTF coaching course comes from), has they own, and they don't use ITTF certification.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
How can a coaching certificate provide more leverage on ITTF Laws of table tennis?
Do you have the 2 confused?

The coaching certificate does have a section for Laws of table tennis, but not to extreme like a umpires course would cover

Example: "You are not serving from the edge of the table which makes it very easy for you to hit serves that I have to run to one side for. That's not fair."
"I am not. All my serves are from behind the edge and so you are just lying. It's my spin."
"Sir, I saw the ball in your hand and it was on the table
"Evidently you didn't because it was never there."
"I am an ITTF certified coach! You can't tell me what you were and weren't doing if i saw it."

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
There is nothing wrong with wanted a certification. In areas that are less popular for table tennis it can help grow the sport when schools and department heads for recreation facilities want to know who is supervising the curriculum. Having qualifications never hurts you, but isn't always necessary to start a club or school. The issue is capital and just general marketing. I'd suggest that everyone calm down here and be realistic most Courses are conducted just a few times a year per country and not even in every country, but regardless there are equally incompetent coaches getting the certification as there are competent. Laws and conduct are all subjective so having the certification doesn't make your opinion more valuable than your opponent's.

For the most part I think one should want this certification strictly to stay in touch with ITTF course conductors who often know what's going on with the ITTF sooner than the rest of the world.