How to stop Someone buying to fast equipment

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Hello,

i have a friend who want to buy an alc or carbonado blade With rasanter r53 or bluestorm z1 turboin max. But he only plays Kreisklasse in germany, so the lowest league. Now i think it is going to be to fast but he said i lose with slower equipment so i can fast equipment it doesnt matter. Now how do i stop him from buying this an wasting Money or am i wrong and he should play the fast equipment.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Sometimes you just have to let people make their own mistakes and choose their own learning path.

Also, leave room for the imperfection, in principle, of your own judgement.

You can also use any unforeseen benefits that might occur, such as being able to have a go yourself with a very lightly used rubber, discarded in frustration.

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Umm, honestly, I had the same urge of buying fast equipment, which would lead me to make enormous mistakes. I lost so many important matches because of faster equipments (getting hyped from watching pro players over YouTube).

Initially, I didn't notice the huge difference it made during practice sessions and got to know this during actual gameplay/matches.

I used zjk szlc with T05 both sides.

After this lockdown, I made a resolution of starting from the basics and practiced a lot with Avalox P700, with H3Neo provincial and R50; which was one of my favourites some 3 years back. It took me more than a month to get the FH confidence back, however BH was still a problem with R50.

I borrowed a IF Layer ALC from a friend and started practicing again, this time with a softer BH rubber Omega VII Euro, FH H3 Neo provincial. This helped me a lot to gain my confidence back and started shooting rockets again. This again took more than a month to become comfortable with the equipment change.

I already sold zjk zlc as I knew I wouldn't be using it again. I have kept the zjk szlc to remind myself not making that mistake again, or infact using it when I reach that level of Pros.

Hope this story of mine helps.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
There is a mindset of winning the match tomorrow in the same league. And there is a mindset of going to the upper league.

It’s the mindset that you want him to change, not the reasoning.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Maybe he'll like it. Who knows?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The thing is, if he understands that the faster blade will likely prevent him from taking a full stroke and adding force to the stroke, and so, in the long run it will make it harder for him to improve his technique, and he still wants the faster blade, then that is a choice.

But, if he wants to improve in the long run, then the choice is clear.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
He wants to play in higher classes so he thinks he can already play the equipment a lot of player use in this class. but i think even there is a boll alc with tenergy or r47 the rubbers must use and not something after 50 degrees

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Try kidnapping him and getting some dudes to tell him that if he plays with a faster blade he'll never see his family again.

Reactions: MK73
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Nah, dude should be free to choose, even if we think it is a dumb-azz move. We are not right to bug dude about it, jsut say what we think nicely and let it at that.

Now if that dude started a national campaign to make it mandatory to use such and such, then such totalitarian efforts would justify deployment of Goon Squad with full authorized options ranging from simply a Biatch Slap to more dirty things, depending on how dirty they got.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Nah, dude should be free to choose, even if we think it is a dumb-azz move. We are not right to bug dude about it, jsut say what we think nicely and let it at that.

Now if that dude started a national campaign to make it mandatory to use such and such, then such totalitarian efforts would justify deployment of Goon Squad with full authorized options ranging from simply a Biatch Slap to more dirty things, depending on how dirty they got.

totally agree !
Accelerated measures could include anything from shooting with molten chocolate to tarring and feathering.
In my case just threatening to re-unite me with my family would be enough ;)

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Next thing is a year from now this guy will be 200 rating points better with his Primorac Carbon and we'll look like idiots.