I just WON a XU XIN blade!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
The blade is quite stiff and fast, therefore quite tricky to master. It's not some kind of easy loopy blade where you can loop every heavy backspin at the opening service. This blade requires good footwork and getting into a good position, often recommended to back up from the table as the blade produces long trajectory shots. The blade is good for counter-offensive top spin play, good for driving and very precise in smashing. Definitely would choose some soft sticky rubbers like Neo 3 etc.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
I wouldn't be calling the H3 Neo soft at all...even the softest ones are harder than most German and Japanese rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Thank you :)
Yes i've heard about that. Of course i want to have the "Xu Xin experience" but it is ok for me to play with his blade and at least some rubbers that are nearly like his. :)
I will talk to my "dealer" if he has some booster to apply over and i will check on that :)

Don't get me wrong, some people like untuned non-neo H3 and maybe you will like it too. It's just that some people try it and say "wow, how do people play with this hard rubber"... well, speed glue or booster really softens it up, you feel a big difference.

Btw you will probably like your current rubbers on this blade as well :).

Last edited:
says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
Don't get me wrong, some people like untuned non-neo H3 and maybe you will like it too. It's just that some people try it and say "wow, how do people play with this hard rubber"... well, speed glue or booster really softens it up, you feel a big difference.

Btw you will probably like your current rubbers on this blade as well :).

True that :)
I will just use more rubbers and see how it went :)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
So hei guys!

There was a STIGA competition on their facebookpage about who will be first, second and the 2 third places at the World Tour Grand Finals.
I was one of the many who picked the four right.

To remember:
Xu Xin overcame Wang Hao in the finals.
Ma Lin and Chuang Chih-Yuan entered the Semis.

So i was shortlisted and eventually was picked one of the tree lucky winners of Xu Xin's blade:
STIGA Rosewood NCT V

My question do you guys: What rubbers should i buy and glue on it? I thought about the same rubber as Xu Xin does, so i can feel like him lol :D
I also thought about testing it and let you guys know how it worked :) Whatya think ? :)

You fail to do this in a timely manner and we shall have to open up the arms room, check out a MK19 40mm grenade launcher and bring it to Ur club and make a spectator friendly demonstration.

Dec 2012
Here it goes:
The blade i won: STIGA NCT V ROSEWOOD with a PENHOLD:

photo(1).jpg

The blade:
photo.jpg

says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
Dec 2012
So cool! Great to see a TTD member winning such an awesome prize! Hope you upload a video of you playing with this fantastic new piece of kit :)

Thank you alot!
Unfortunately one rubber is missing, i ordered it already but the DHS H3 hasn't arrived yet. On my backhand there will be (like Xu Xin) a STIGA Calibra Sound :)

Dec 2012
Cool stuff!
And judging from the photo you are one hairy manly man :p

Well, thank you ^^ i already shaved yesterday ;)

congrats! :D if it was me I would never use the bat and just hang it somewhere.. :p

thanks :) well, i will use it just a few times and then hang it along with some other bats of mine :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
I am afraid XX is actually using TG3 Blue Sponge FH and T64 BH. Calibra is just for ad purpose by Stiga.

xx r5.jpg

Somehow his blade is not exactly the same as mass produced RW5 as it looks much rounder in shape. I read somewhere that he said his blade is very much different than the rest and no one will really like it.

This user has no status.
WOW! Lucky for you. Should have joined that contest, haha! I suggest you use a DHS NEO Hurricane 3 (national may be good), but your backhand may vary. That blade is a monster! Go for soft rubbers, like STIGA Calibra LT Sound, Yasaka Mark V, DONIC Bluefire M3, or Butterfly Tenergy 05. Or may stick to Xu Xin's formation (Skyline 3 NEO & Calibra LT). Post some pictures dude!

Dec 2012
WOW! Lucky for you. Should have joined that contest, haha! I suggest you use a DHS NEO Hurricane 3 (national may be good), but your backhand may vary. That blade is a monster! Go for soft rubbers, like STIGA Calibra LT Sound, Yasaka Mark V, DONIC Bluefire M3, or Butterfly Tenergy 05. Or may stick to Xu Xin's formation (Skyline 3 NEO & Calibra LT). Post some pictures dude!

There you have it! Not quite the same rubbers as Xu Xin but still a nice choice :D The blade is BAAM! :D

photo(2).jpgphoto(1).jpgphoto.jpg