Illegal long pips are actually very fun to play against.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
@Tony's Table Tennis and @James Z I really don't think you guys are getting everywhere, all this seems pretty pointless, you guys are both arguing on the internet and not much will come out of it.

James all we really want from you is your video of you playing the man himself Jan-Ove Waldner, you said you almost beat him so I would like to see you get at least one set, I hope its from your far back from the table chopping era with you using high aspect ratio super long pips because I'd love to see how they play against arguably one of the best players of all time. Also I'm curious about your chopping technique.

Badminton is bigger than TT in some countries.
TT is heavily inflated by China.
I wonder what the figure is when you remove China's stats from both TT and Badminton.
In regards to me and James and 10 other alias he has been using, he has been on this mission of high aspect ratio since way before you were born. Almost before I was born too.

I've seen him and exactly what he is doing (and making false accusations of really reputable TT people and live with those lies for decade plus) when I joined TT forums and amazed he is still on with the same "copy and paste".
He has been banned so many times from this forum.
He is really a special character.

Well, his level isn't high. I would actually accept a video against a USATT 2400.
Don't need to be a 3000 like he claims. Which he will never be able to provide (he already said he was joking about it).
I think some where I read before, his rating is very low, so many even USATT2000 video could be fine.
I would like to see his video never the less.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
lol! that is like watching paint dry......

I was at a tournament recently, mix of elementary to pros.
The older players will play 1 round
then the kids 1 round.

and guess why the kids delay everyone's schedule?

Lot of girls with long pimples on the backhand side, pushing the ball for way toooooooo long and making record long rallies, games, matches.

It was a teams event (first to 3 to win the 5 matches). But it was like deuces and deciders to the 5th match.
So the 13:30pm schedule only started 3pm....

The pros were all bored to death.
9am to 6pm and only played 4 matches.

I invited Adam Bobrow, and did some live streaming, will upload those and share soon.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
I was at a tournament recently, mix of elementary to pros.
The older players will play 1 round
then the kids 1 round.

and guess why the kids delay everyone's schedule?

Lot of girls with long pimples on the backhand side, pushing the ball for way toooooooo long and making record long rallies, games, matches.

It was a teams event (first to 3 to win the 5 matches). But it was like deuces and deciders to the 5th match.
So the 13:30pm schedule only started 3pm....

The pros were all bored to death.
9am to 6pm and only played 4 matches.

I invited Adam Bobrow, and did some live streaming, will upload those and share soon.
How come the umpire does not invoke the expedite rule?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I think each match was within the limit

imagine having singles / singles / doubles / singles / singles,
and most of the kids were using long pips
there was 1 table with more LP on the backhand than inverted.

5 match best of 5, can easily be 90 mins without expedite rule coming into affects

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Some local tournaments probably don't have empires. Even I have to google to make sure I remember how expedite rule works. If we are not calling illegal serve in tournaments, I highly doubt someone will pull out expedite rule.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Some local tournaments probably don't have empires. Even I have to google to make sure I remember how expedite rule works. If we are not calling illegal serve in tournaments, I highly doubt someone will pull out expedite rule.
This one had umpires.
all dressed to the tee.
wearing jackets and such where it was super hot.... will upload those videos now

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Herewith videos to the playlist of the Taipei Youth Cup 2023 (total 6 videos).
I invited Adam, who was back home in Taiwan for 5 days, coming back from the world champs in South Africa, and had to head to France and his Euro tour.

Not too many recording of "long pimple" action, but a tournament from Grade 3 to senior players.
Separated to males and females of grade 3+4, grade 5+6, junior high, senior high, open, so in essence 10 events.

I did not enjoy the elementary players with older players together.
But it was a 2 day tournament, being a prerequiste to a bigger national tournament.

Reactions: t.t.s.t.a.r
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Herewith videos to the playlist of the Taipei Youth Cup 2023 (total 6 videos).
I invited Adam, who was back home in Taiwan for 5 days, coming back from the world champs in South Africa, and had to head to France and his Euro tour.

Not too many recording of "long pimple" action, but a tournament from Grade 3 to senior players.
Separated to males and females of grade 3+4, grade 5+6, junior high, senior high, open, so in essence 10 events.

I did not enjoy the elementary players with older players together.
But it was a 2 day tournament, being a prerequiste to a bigger national tournament.

It is LOUD!!!! But looks to be very exciting!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
It is LOUD!!!! But looks to be very exciting!
LOUD...what did you say, I can't hear you...

Yeah, I had to go for ear drum silent treatment to balance it for the next 2 days.
That's kids in Asia for you... They are TOOO LOUD.
Main reason why I didn't enjoy kids with old kids.

Day 1 was worse with Grade 3+4
they were louder, and not just the players playing, the team mates + parents too.

But as Adam said, he loves the energy and the vibe there.

This user has no status.
Badminton is bigger than TT in some countries.
TT is heavily inflated by China.
I wonder what the figure is when you remove China's stats from both TT and Badminton.
In regards to me and James and 10 other alias he has been using, he has been on this mission of high aspect ratio since way before you were born. Almost before I was born too.

I've seen him and exactly what he is doing (and making false accusations of really reputable TT people and live with those lies for decade plus) when I joined TT forums and amazed he is still on with the same "copy and paste".
He has been banned so many times from this forum.
He is really a special character.

Well, his level isn't high. I would actually accept a video against a USATT 2400.
Don't need to be a 3000 like he claims. Which he will never be able to provide (he already said he was joking about it).
I think some where I read before, his rating is very low, so many even USATT2000 video could be fine.
I would like to see his video never the less.
Even in China, badminton is significantly more popular than table tennis especially among the younger gen. Over here in Australia, the badminton courts are almost always fully booked well in advance while TT is just languishing.

Table tennis is a bit like golf - it's a lot of old ppl and not a lot of young ppl, and it's because of these kind of weird atmosphere with almost everyone using cheap tricks. I only persisted so long because I for some reason have some kind of OCD about it.

Reactions: t.t.s.t.a.r
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Even in China, badminton is significantly more popular than table tennis especially among the younger gen. Over here in Australia, the badminton courts are almost always fully booked well in advance while TT is just languishing.

Table tennis is a bit like golf - it's a lot of old ppl and not a lot of young ppl, and it's because of these kind of weird atmosphere with almost everyone using cheap tricks. I only persisted so long because I for some reason have some kind of OCD about it.
South Africa, badminton is bigger.
Taiwan, TT is bigger

In Taiwan, it is a school sport, and since every school can have TT tables, the market is huge for elementary and then the pyramid start sinking in with less players as you get older, until Veteran age where it is huge again (where players in the 40s, 50s, 60s start playing again)

This user has no status.
So you are seriously claimng that you don't think it was just my mocking NextLevel but you seriously beieve that I was claiming for real that I have played against Waldner ?
BTW I made a detailed post explaining why anyone that seriously claims that I was really claimed that I have played Waldner does not nee dto have their head examined , but that post was deleted by moderators. I have saved it but I am sure you have read it before it was deleted . I will post it later

On the other hand I am still waiting for Tony'sTableTennis to post the names choppers who had upset wins in Durban.
I must admit when I wrote that I wasnt being entirely serious either, I figured that you were being sarcastic when you said it and so I went along with it.

Lets have a look at those rankings that Tony said and also what games they were.
WR64 beating WR38, that's an upset
WR54 beating WR24, that's an upset
WR125 beating WR56, that's an upset

I have searched through for all the possible people he may be referencing to, I found these matches.
I found WR64 Suh Hyo Won beat WR38 Bruna Takahashi at Durban in the round of 128 4-2 in sets.

WR54 Linda Bergstrom beat WR24 Lily Zhang at Durban in the round of 128 4-0 in sets
WR125 Hanna Hapanova beat WR56 Lee Ho Ching at Durban in the round of 128 4-3 in sets.
These 3 victors all were choppers in the women's event, I am not sure what equipment they use though.
I hope this satisfies you James.
I only searched because I was interested in those claims myself, interestingly enough they were definitely true.

Here is the video of Linda vs Lily, I could not find videos of the other two matches but I did find the results of the matches.

This user has no status.
How would this satisfy me now again ?
So it conclusiely proves hat we have a fair & level playing field in the 40+ plastic ball era & the 9 rule & regulation changes are valid changes & ITTF is not corrupt ?
It conclusively proves that we now have a fair value for AR & PDD ?
It conclusively proves that there is no rampant violations of 2.4.7 ?
REALLY ?
No not at all, not by any means, by it satisfying you I merely meant that you now know who played those three games that Tony was referring to.
BTW, when I made my original posting on this issue (now deleted by moderators a month ag) , I was actually asking Tony'sTableTennis about the upsets only on the men's side , because my post that he replied was regarding this issue for extermnination of choppers on the men's side. Not on the women's side.
This is why I was very puzzled since I was only looking at the results on men's side
I have never questioned the fact that there are more female choppers than male choppers. That is why I specifically stated in that post about extermination of male choppers over the years.

Also maybe Gapanove's win was somewhat of an upset, but other two definitely are not. Also you always have players on the rise like Gaponove, and things like that do happen.
And Lily Zhang is horrible against choppers & it is far from a big upset.
I beleive Suh Hyo Won ahs been rated much higher & am not sure if this is really an upset

But again as I said none of this proves that there is a level & fair playing field, even on the women's side, let alone on the men's side.
I do agree with you there is a distinct lack of male choppers in the top ranked players, I looked through them when looking for the matches Tony was referring to, I barely saw any choppers.
You are correct with your statements about those games Tony mentioned, none of them are truly shocking wins at all to be completely honest.

I never meant by posting about those matches that that is "proof" of a level playing field with choppers involved.
In fact I still believe that it is far from it, it is impossible to be able to get much spin with these pips, the best chopper in my club demolished me in a game 3-0 and is in the top 100 in the country but one our best players who is a two winged looper could just loop back all the chops no problem, I would love to see him try some pips that would put some real spin on the ball.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
i can reply this.

Not long ago I had to umpire a match between two long pipster. Both players have one side inverted and the other side long pips. Both play BH blocks.

Here is how it went.

Player A serves, Player B blocks. Player A returns and the ball either goes into the net or fly out of the table. After two serves the role is reverse and the same process repeats ad nauseum until the match ends.

I was bored to death.

NB: Both players has absolutely zero leg movement, both stand at the center and near table. 100% using hands and wrist with absolutely no body mechanics.
Ahahaha!!!! :ROFLMAO: that is hilarious!

• Haha
Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
The donkey told the tiger: “The grass is blue”.

The tiger replied: “No, the grass is green”.

The discussion became heated up, and the two decided to submit the issue to arbitration, and to do so they approached the lion, the King of the Jungle.

Before reaching the clearing in the forest where the lion was sitting on his throne, the donkey started screaming: “Your Highness, is it true that grass is blue?”.

The lion replied: “True, the grass is blue”.

The donkey rushed forward and continued: “The tiger disagrees with me and contradicts me and annoys me please punish him”.
The king then declared: “The tiger will be punished with 5 years of silence”.

The donkey jumped for joy and went on his way, content and repeating: “The grass is blue”…

The tiger accepted his punishment, but he asked the lion: “Your Majesty, why have you punished me, after all, the grass is green?”

The lion replied: “In fact, the grass is green”.

The tiger asked: “So why do you punish me?”

The lion replied: “That has nothing to do with the question of whether the grass is blue or green. The punishment is because it is not possible for a brave, intelligent creature like you to waste time arguing with a donkey, and on top of that to come and bother me with that question”.

The worst waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn’t care about truth or reality, but only the victory of their beliefs and illusions. Never waste time on discussions that make no sense…

There are people who for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand, and others who are blinded by ego, hatred and resentment, and the only thing that they want is to be right even if they aren’t. When ignorance screams, intelligence shuts up. Your peace and tranquility are worth more - Anon
The above is a famous life lesson that is applicable on how to response to trolls. Learn it well, Padawans.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Reading the first 2 pages of comments led me to write a few lines myself.

Those who don't know tend to blindly believe - and repeat ad nauseam - that any player without skill who attaches a long pips rubber to his racket, when blocking the ball without any type of technique, will pass the ball easily into the opponent's court and they'll be able to win matches. I see this happening a lot in the West, where there are usually no coaches who use long pips rubbers and/or teach their students to play with them.
Generally those who complain are ordinary players with inverted rubbers who lose against that type of material. Even international players are not used to playing against ITTF-approved rubbers from small brands because they base their training on beating players who use mostly inverted rubbers or short pips at most (which are the majority).

Let's put things straight.

ALL rubbers were invented by humans and are made with machines, through science and technology.
They are not made with magic, nor do they possess any magic.
ALL rubber behaves in a unique way, according to the physical laws that prevail in our world.

The fact that there are players who don't want to "waste" their time knowing how to play against that type of material, the only thing that shows is that that way of thinking is not going to lead them to success.

The truly successful throughout our history were those who, seeing a problem, invested their time with the purpose of overcoming that obstacle, solving it.
In our case, players who - through study and practice - learned about the various game mechanics, and ended up knowing how to play against ALL types of rubber, even those not approved by the ITTF.

If we look at the historical world ranking, the players with long pips did not reach the top (neither did Anti). So we should assume that - having achieved a certain wisdom - players of a certain level already know the game mechanics and implement strategies to beat them easily.

It's very easy to shut up ignorant people. You give them a racket with long pips and tell them to go play.
Even if they spend decades playing, they are going to fail just like with inverted rubbers because their approach is mediocre. That's why they cry and constantly complain about these types of players, repeating that the ITTF should ban these rubbers.

They are beings who would have a better time playing with sandpaper or a sheet of cork, like ping pong was played in ancient times. For me they stayed in the past, were born too late and/or chose the wrong sport. They are more likely to find their happiness playing hardbat, for example.

Table tennis is one of the most difficult sports in the world (and no, there is no NASA research to support this). It's not for everyone. To excel you need good physical ability and a special mind, very obsessive in every aspect. Not only in sports. That's why not everyone stands out.

Nor is it the same to play against an adult of many years, unable to move or with some difficulty and who plays with long pips, than against a prepared athlete who plays as a modern defender. When you reach the highest category, you beat the first easily, the second not so much.

Greetings.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Let's put things straight.
i'm listening
ALL rubbers were invented by humans and are made with machines, through science and technology.
They are not made with magic, nor do they possess any magic.
ALL rubber behaves in a unique way, according to the physical laws that prevail in our world.
yes, you are right
The fact that there are players who don't want to "waste" their time knowing how to play against that type of material, the only thing that shows is that that way of thinking is not going to lead them to success.
yes, yes, you are right (I hope TB is listening from your wise words)
The truly successful throughout our history were those who, seeing a problem, invested their time with the purpose of overcoming that obstacle, solving it.
I like what I am hearing
In our case, players who - through study and practice - learned about the various game mechanics, and ended up knowing how to play against ALL types of rubber, even those not approved by the ITTF.
I agree. It should be a non stop learning journey.
If something difficult comes your way, the solution is not to hide, but to learn.
If we look at the historical world ranking, the players with long pips did not reach the top (neither did Anti). So we should assume that - having achieved a certain wisdom - players of a certain level already know the game mechanics and implement strategies to beat them easily.
that is true.
In recent years, a Korean chopper was the closest in the men's and a German chopper in the women's
most are "proper long pip choppers" and not some funny style LP or Anti user.