I'm starting to test Sanwei Target Pro Blue

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
IMG_20230801_124929.jpg

Mine is tacky, but not insanely tacky. Theres a video on youtube showing this rubber hold the ball upside down. Mine is not like that. But it is tackier than the new H3, and is almost as tacky as Victas Triple Double.

Without booster, the bounce feels somewhat dead. I will try it without booster first, then boost it later with either seamoon or whale 2.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
View attachment 26137

Mine is tacky, but not insanely tacky. Theres a video on youtube showing this rubber hold the ball upside down. Mine is not like that. But it is tackier than the new H3, and is almost as tacky as Victas Triple Double.

Without booster, the bounce feels somewhat dead. I will try it without booster first, then boost it later with either seamoon or whale 2.
This one has to be boost, otherwise just like the unboost H 3,

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
View attachment 26137

If you don't mind me asking where did you get the sheet?

I don't think that I am going to get one but I am curious. I do notice the new H3 is not super tacky which is a bummer. I have been buying up all the TG3 neo and TG2 neo that I can find. Since they are sealed in plastic, those sheets, with the amount I have been buying, might last me for 10 years. Lol!

I like Sanwei Target National, not boosted. Sanwei Target National to me is tacky, but not insanely tacky, just like you said about Sanwei Target Pro Blue. So I am very curious as to how this plays.

I have one sheet of Friendship battle II provincial version, blue sponge. That's pretty much it. I might test that one out at some point. After EJ'ing with some other chinese rubber like Big Dipper and Mercury II and Ak47 blue, yeah, Hurricane it is, still, on my forehand.

Reactions: ben1229
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
If you don't mind me asking where did you get the sheet?

I don't think that I am going to get one but I am curious. I do notice the new H3 is not super tacky which is a bummer. I have been buying up all the TG3 neo and TG2 neo that I can find. Since they are sealed in plastic, those sheets, with the amount I have been buying, might last me for 10 years. Lol!

I like Sanwei Target National, not boosted. Sanwei Target National to me is tacky, but not insanely tacky, just like you said about Sanwei Target Pro Blue. So I am very curious as to how this plays.

I have one sheet of Friendship battle II provincial version, blue sponge. That's pretty much it. I might test that one out at some point. After EJ'ing with some other chinese rubber like Big Dipper and Mercury II and Ak47 blue, yeah, Hurricane it is, still, on my forehand.
I got mine from Aliexpress during one of the sales, so it was like $3 off or something. I tried Target National before and absolutely hated it. Every shot went straight into the net, it was totally uncontrollable to me.

I tried the Target Pro 3 before, and with enough booster, that one played a bit better, but still not amazing.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I got mine from Aliexpress during one of the sales, so it was like $3 off or something. I tried Target National before and absolutely hated it. Every shot went straight into the net, it was totally uncontrollable to me.

I tried the Target Pro 3 before, and with enough booster, that one played a bit better, but still not amazing.
Interesting. Yes, I like Target National. If people want to try Chinese rubber, coming from the ESN side or Butterfly side, I would recommend them trying Target National first before moving on to Hurricane.

I am not terribly impressed with Big Dipper, CJ8000, and AK47 so I would not recommend. I like the heavy tackiness of Mercury II but it is just not as bouncey as H3 so I would put it on my spare blades.

I guess we just play differently and that's why there are so many rubber choices out there!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Well I tried the unboosted Target Pro Blue.

Good news is that its faster than the Pro 3. Maybe like unboosted H3 speed. Also good new is that while the throw angle is quite low, its not as atrociously low as the Target National i had before. Still it is uncomfortable to use and needs some booster.

Should i boost with whale 2 or seamoon?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Well I tried the unboosted Target Pro Blue.

Good news is that its faster than the Pro 3. Maybe like unboosted H3 speed. Also good new is that while the throw angle is quite low, its not as atrociously low as the Target National i had before. Still it is uncomfortable to use and needs some booster.

Should i boost with whale 2 or seamoon?
Seasmoon. I have not tried Whale 2.

Is Sanwei Target National's throw angle that bad? I have a red sheet not attached to any blade right now. I have black sheet that is not opened. Maybe I need to try it again.....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Ye
Seasmoon. I have not tried Whale 2.

Is Sanwei Target National's throw angle that bad? I have a red sheet not attached to any blade right now. I have black sheet that is not opened. Maybe I need to try it again.....
Yes it was completely unplayable to me. And i consider myself very very flexible with rubbers. But my target national was abysmal. No arc, no lift

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Ye

Yes it was completely unplayable to me. And i consider myself very very flexible with rubbers. But my target national was abysmal. No arc, no lift
Did you use a black sheet or a red sheet? I did not like the red sheet. I liked the black sheet better. My black sheet on a blade however crumbled when I tried to transfer it to another blade. The blue sponge literally tears apart and I am very gentle with my paddle. With VOC glue, it is pretty easy to rip the rubbers off. Not in this case.

says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
Did you use a black sheet or a red sheet? I did not like the red sheet. I liked the black sheet better. My black sheet on a blade however crumbled when I tried to transfer it to another blade. The blue sponge literally tears apart and I am very gentle with my paddle. With VOC glue, it is pretty easy to rip the rubbers off. Not in this case.
I think Michael used an old version with blue-yellow package. And what color is your package? About STN

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Pro 3 was black. Target National was red. But both were fairly bad rubbers IMO. Target National was totally unplayable. Pro 3 was fixable with booster, but unremarkable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
As I know they are pretty different
yeah maybe they are different. The old one was just really really really bad. You will almost never hear me talk badly about any rubber, because I try to find its own strength.

But STN was just unuseable.

The new silver one I haven't tried. But even if it is pretty good, its so expensive that I don't see myself ever using it.