I'm starting to test Sanwei Target Pro Blue

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Do you think boosting it may help or am I just wasting my time?
I tried boosting, it didnt react much. But for me, speed was never the issue. It was a fast rubber, no problems there.

The big issue was the atrocious throw angle. But i dont know if every sheet was like mine.

But all targets have low throw angle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Yeah thats the 1st gen STN. I hated mine so much. Very very low throw angle, medium hard

Is it the old blue/yellow package or the new silver/gold package?
I have double checked the cover of my Target National, it is actually purple / gold as compared to the royal blue / bright yellow that is shown on the Sanwei official site, now I wonder if mine is fake.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I have double checked the cover of my Target National, it is actually purple / gold as compared to the royal blue / bright yellow that is shown on the Sanwei official site, now I wonder if mine is fake.
Please see the link below. I think the new Target National is with silver packaging. I got mine from Megaspin. I liked it. I still one sheet of black. Maybe I just like the low throw angle. I have see the price keeps on dropping on Megaspin. At $25 a sheet, it is not a bad rubber to try. However, I did end up switching back to hurricane.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I feel like Sanwei rubbers have potential. They have some good qualities. But then they have 1 crippling thing, which is the oddly low throw angle.

I dont know what they are thinking by making the angle so low. It seems so unnecessary and pointless.

At least give us the option of a high throw angle rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Yeah, it looks like you should try out an OFF- all wood like Fextra. It's a good blade for development and my favorite one so far out of Yasaka Sweden Extra, Nittaku Acoustic, and Nittaku Ludeack.

If you do try out the Fextra, let us know how the V5 Pro compares, since so many people are familiar with it (due to both its low cost and how suitable it is for beginner to intermediate players).
Several Ali Express retailers show the Fextra 7 as OFF++, it is confusing to say the least!

Reactions: H3R0 and JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Please see below for the review on 2nd generation of Sanwei Target National. My previous black sheet of STN (silver packaging, ordered from Megaspin) performed quite well before its blue sponge crumbled when I tried to transfer it to another blade. Oddly enough, my red sheet I did not like it very much (and the reviewer below reviewed a red sheet). I still have it lying around somehwere but have not attached it to a blade currently. I have another black sheet that is not opened.

I like STN enough to recommend it as a hybrid/transitional rubber for people wanting to transition from Butterfly or ESN rubber into Hurricane eventually. Or they might like it enough to keep using it. I like the dynamic sponge (more lively than hurricane). The top sheet appears to be very very tacky in the beginning but that wears off quite quickly. Overall it results in less spin than Hurricane. But when you are playing a hybrid rubber, you don't expect it to be as tacky as Hurricane anyway. Good enough.

Like I said before, at around $25 a sheet, that's the lowest price Megaspin has offered in the past 2-3 years. Not super cheap but affordable enough if one wants to get a sheet to try, it is quite reasonably priced.

So maybe there is something wrong with the first generaiton of STN?