In celebration of LYJ’s recent title

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021

In celebration of LYJ’s championship win in Frankfurt, I decided to make his setup and I’ll use it at my next practice session. LYJ SZLC with T05H on FH and D09C on BH. Hopefully, I’ll gain his BH flick skills 😅.
He uses D05 on BH.
IMG_7224.png

From BTY website

Reactions: jbvttcc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I still see many pros use T05H on their FH now, how does it compare to newer hybrid or tacky rubber?
players who use T05 before have mostly changed to T05H
I still remember one coach tell me that T05H control and arc on the ball is still better than Dignic family and that one coach who said it works with Lin Yunju and said he tried the Dignics family on FH and still prefer T05H
Lin had T05, and customized hard sponge previously.

hybrid/tacky rubbers is totally different.
In Taiwan you have 2 schools, 1 is H3, the other is T05 (now T05H)
no one really uses hybrid or any other tacky rubber

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I’ve seen somewhere he uses Zhang Jike ALC with LYJ SZLC handle, is that true?
That i'm not sure, but he is a top Butterfly player (not too many in front of him), so he could easily get Butterfly to remake anything with any spec and if they want to build a new model, then why not :)

I still remember prior to LYJ SZLC was launched, his coaching team showed me the tracksuit they got (only 30) with the LYJ logo and Lin's autograph and they were telling me how they send over 100 LYJ SZLC for him to test and he was only happy with about 2 or 3 of them.
Prior to that, he flew to Japan, and was with the Butterfly blade expert to spec up the SZLC.

I have hold 2 blades that comes from Lin Yun Ju's personal collection (the ones he kept from Butterfly, while returning the rest that doesn't feel good) in my hands before.
one was the kid I mentioned before and another is Lin's practice partner (I also have his videos on my youtube channel).

says On a never ending EJ journey
Jun 2023
He uses D05 on BH.
View attachment 27328
From BTY website
So hard to keep up with what the pros are using these days. I thought for sure the announcers said he was using d09c on BH. I remember seeing the BTY insta post for his win in Zagreb saying he used d09c.

It’s okay, I have a spare red d05 lying around somewhere hahha 😂

• Love
Reactions: Choosikick
Jun 2023
Quick update and review of this setup. I was expecting such a fast setup to be very uncontrollable, but I'm surprised to say that's not the case. The setup felt very comfortable and my balls landed where I expected. The racket is definitely faster than what I'm used to (FZD with D09C on both sides) and has a lower and flatter trajectory, but the control is not too different. The BH tended to go longer than I'm used to, but seemed pretty easy to get used to.

To me, however, the really surprising thing is that while the shots were fast and direct, it felt like they lacked power. My opponent was easily able to return a lot of my shots whereas before, he would sometimes have trouble with my current racket. I'm assuming it's because there's less spin on my shots? I would recommend this setup to an advanced player who like to win their point through fast placement and not giving their opponent too much time to react.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Quick update and review of this setup. I was expecting such a fast setup to be very uncontrollable, but I'm surprised to say that's not the case. The setup felt very comfortable and my balls landed where I expected. The racket is definitely faster than what I'm used to (FZD with D09C on both sides) and has a lower and flatter trajectory, but the control is not too different. The BH tended to go longer than I'm used to, but seemed pretty easy to get used to.

To me, however, the really surprising thing is that while the shots were fast and direct, it felt like they lacked power. My opponent was easily able to return a lot of my shots whereas before, he would sometimes have trouble with my current racket. I'm assuming it's because there's less spin on my shots? I would recommend this setup to an advanced player who like to win their point through fast placement and not giving their opponent too much time to react.
I would probably have guessed that.

I have a Viscaria and a Acoustic carbon with H3 on the forehand. Shots are quicker but not as spinning. I can feel it on my serve. I can feel it on my forehand loop. That's why I keep on coming back to my regular slower carbon blade.

I think everyone should try it and make that choice themselves.

Nice looking blade!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

Many reviews on Bilibili. It’s softer than ZJK SZLC. It produces enormous power close to table, good control and has more dwell time than any SZLC.

But all the reviewers notice the lack of power when looping away from the table.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Many reviews on Bilibili. It’s softer than ZJK SZLC. It produces enormous power close to table, good control and has more dwell time than any SZLC.

But all the reviewers notice the lack of power when looping away from the table.
I notice a lot of these blades are light - lower 80's grams, if this is a design feature this might explain the lack of power. I wonder if anybody has reviewed a heavier one?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023

If you have a chance, can you please summarize what people on Bilibili say about the following:

Fan Zhendong Super ZLC v.s. Harimoto Innerforce Super ZLC, Zhang Jike Super ZLC, Mizutani Super ZLC, and Lin Yun-Ju Super ZLC

I am just curious as what people say.

What I have heard is that they are should be similar except Harimoto Innerforce Super ZLC since it is innerforce.

I have also heard some people say that Mizutani Super ZLC is still the fastest with the least dwell. Some also feel that since Mizutani has retired, his line of blades does not get as much attention to details as the other lines of blades made by Butterfly.

Please just give us an one-liner or a two-liner would be great. I am not looking for any extensive reviews.

I am a firm believer that unless you use your hand to test a blade (or a rubber), extensive reviews are pretty useless. I am thinking about buying one of the super ZLC so I just hope if you can please give me a rough guide. That's all.

Thank you!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Yesterday during my training session with the team, my coach with whom I play every Friday, came to me and whispered, "I ordered LYJ Blade" :ROFLMAO: :LOL:
He is the one who orders me all TT equipment due to more discount for the the club. I told him to get lost and not tempt me anymore (handled 2 Joola's recently) I told him no more blades 😛 ...for now😄

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yesterday during my training session with the team, my coach with whom I play every Friday, came to me and whispered, "I ordered LYJ Blade" :ROFLMAO: :LOL:
He is the one who orders me all TT equipment due to more discount for the the club. I told him to get lost and not tempt me anymore (handled 2 Joola's recently) I told him no more blades 😛 ...for now😄
I'm going to tell Lin Yun Ju, you don't like him

• Haha
Reactions: JJ Ng and disaster3