Incredible Receive Of Serves!

says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
I've seen Korean players and even China players such as Ma Long do this shot but not to this extent. Check out the innovation of these recevie of serves in the video below!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
With a normal service maybe ;) but with this high backspin serve its no problem :D

I agree. It is still cool as a novelty though. You would never see a top player in a real match have the time to do those funny pushes. But, it takes a lot of skill. Sort of like a magic trick. And the flips do not compare to what the top guys are doing with the speed of their footwork to get into position to flip on serves where there opponent is trying to prevent them from flipping.

says Aging is a killer
All those returns give good food for thought. I like the simplicity of the wide placement at 00:25.
Some players tend to approach any short ball with an open bat. They then make up their mind whether to flip or push or cut wide. This causes the opponent to have much reduced preparation time for the receive thus less need for the big wallop.
Here's a longer explanation of that flip turned into push return. This coach is a real showman. I have subscribed to his channel to see the other stuff. Thanks for the link.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan