innerforce/innerforce layer zlc vs harimoto zlc/szlc

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I haven't played with specifically the Harimoto variants but I have played with normal innerforce layer alc and zlc.

They are similar, I like better the zlc for inner blades and alc for outer blades. Zlc is a bit faster and alc a bit softer. The alc felt a bit too mushy for my liking, the zlc felt almost like an outer carbon blade, it felt close to my viscaria with a bit more dwell time and more crisp feeling.

Another thing is that even though alc is softer, zlc is more flexible, so it makes sense why it better suits inner construction. When the alc is around the core it sort of dampens the vibrations around the core while the zlc enhances them. It gives a much more pronounced and glassy feeling and paired with soft outer layers like limba or the stiffer ayous, inner zlc blades make a good balance of feeling and hardness.

Alc is softer and stiffer so when put on outer blades it kinda dampens the excess vibrations and gives a more direct feel while keeping dwell and medium responsiveness. Outer zlc has less dwell and vibrates much with a harder feel making is fast and furious. I'm guessing that's why blockers and counters like them.

I'm a spinny player so I like dwell and medium vibration, so I don't really like outer zlc, and inner zlc is too dampening for my liking.

Damn, another essay, maybe I should change careers and become a writer...😅

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
any differences in speed, dwell time, and composition?
only played with harimoto zlc variant. Can compare with outer alc. Inner zlc is less punchy. More power from backcourt. Spinnier but higher arc. Alc is easier to 冲 (fast loop). alc better for service as it is faster good for long spinny serve.

This user has no status.
It gives a much more pronounced and glassy feeling and paired with soft outer layers like limba or the stiffer ayous, inner zlc blades make a good balance of feeling and hardness.
What do you mean with stiffer ayous?
There might be some heavy selected ayous which is stiffer than very soft and light limber, but normaly ayous is much softer and less stiff!

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
What do you mean with stiffer ayous?
There might be some heavy selected ayous which is stiffer than very soft and light limber, but normaly ayous is much softer and less stiff!
There's a difference between stiffness and hardness. Ayous is light and soft but stiff, koto is hard but not stiff, it lets vibrations through and gives feedback. Essentially stiffness is dampening and hardness is, well, hardness...