I've graduated.

says ESN 42 hardness is my magic number
Mar 2021
So yesterday my coach said, " Gozo, what you need to learn I have all taught you all that you need to learn. What is stopping you from going further or higher level is lack of practice and lack of tourney exposure. The rest is up to you. "

I guess this means I have completed the theory part and now must complete the industrial placement / internship module.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
So yesterday my coach said, " Gozo, what you need to learn I have all taught you all that you need to learn. What is stopping you from going further or higher level is lack of practice and lack of tourney exposure. The rest is up to you. "

I guess this means I have completed the theory part and now must complete the industrial placement / internship module.
I hope your coach gave you a black belt during the graduation ceremony so you are ready for the future challenges!!!

Reactions: Choosikick
Mar 2021
I hope your coach gave you a black belt during the graduation ceremony so you are ready for the future challenges!!!
I would have preferred a piece of black T05 Hard instead.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: NextLevel and JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
So yesterday my coach said, " Gozo, what you need to learn I have all taught you all that you need to learn.
Wow! That coach is full of himself.
yes, this is kind of like graduating college graduates that know little about how to really do things.
I would take the second part of that sentence seriously.

I reality, you never graduate. You give up and quit or die learning.

Reactions: JJ Ng
Mar 2021
IMG_6148.jpeg

Black belt! H3LL Y34H! F3R R34L!

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦

The eagle 🦅 is already grown now, and knows how to fly 🤘🏻

Mar 2021
The eagle 🦅 is already grown now, and knows how to fly 🤘🏻
Money saved from not paying my coach anymore can be used to do more EJ'ing!

Will be TensorBackhand aka Michael Huang Ver 2.0!

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦

Smart move! My coach is never telling me something like that, because I’m always in “you can do better, there is so much more you need to learn boiii” situation 😂 but the funny part that I’m agreed with him totally

NDH

says Spin to win!
Gozo, I’m in two minds here.

One is to just say “congratulations, great work” and give you a big old pat on the back.

The other is to be real….. and considering our conversations in the past, I know that deep down, you do want to be the best you can be, and can take constructive advice.

Obviously I don’t know your coach or how you currently practice/drill etc.

But there’s a reason that the pros still have coaches, and it’s not because of their lack of knowledge on TT.

Has your coach said he doesn’t feel like he can help you anymore?

Are there other coaches in the area who you could use? Sometimes switching coaches can have a really positive impact on your game, as it freshens up the approach to your coaching sessions.

More practice and tournament play will help to a degree, and it wouldn’t be terrible to have a few months break from coaching whilst you focus on that.

But honestly, if you have a decent coach at your level, it makes such a huge difference.

The next best thing would be to have very good players to knock with, who are willing to do drills that benefit you (and don’t really benefit them in any way) - But that’s rare.

So….. if you still want to improve, I would consider looking for a new coach.

If you feel happy with your overall knowledge/level of TT, and can self analyse mistakes during matches etc, then absolutely focus on matches and practice.

You’ll improve gradually to through sheer experience, but it won’t be as dramatic as if you had a coach at the same time.

#hinokiforlife 😂

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Gozo, I’m in two minds here.

One is to just say “congratulations, great work” and give you a big old pat on the back.

The other is to be real….. and considering our conversations in the past, I know that deep down, you do want to be the best you can be, and can take constructive advice.

Obviously I don’t know your coach or how you currently practice/drill etc.

But there’s a reason that the pros still have coaches, and it’s not because of their lack of knowledge on TT.

Has your coach said he doesn’t feel like he can help you anymore?

Are there other coaches in the area who you could use? Sometimes switching coaches can have a really positive impact on your game, as it freshens up the approach to your coaching sessions.

More practice and tournament play will help to a degree, and it wouldn’t be terrible to have a few months break from coaching whilst you focus on that.

But honestly, if you have a decent coach at your level, it makes such a huge difference.

The next best thing would be to have very good players to knock with, who are willing to do drills that benefit you (and don’t really benefit them in any way) - But that’s rare.

So….. if you still want to improve, I would consider looking for a new coach.

If you feel happy with your overall knowledge/level of TT, and can self analyse mistakes during matches etc, then absolutely focus on matches and practice.

You’ll improve gradually to through sheer experience, but it won’t be as dramatic as if you had a coach at the same time.

#hinokiforlife 😂
The coach needs to graduate with him

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

time to change a coach and continue learning

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023

You ready for Revolution or Rasanter series of rubber?

I think Fastarc and Rakza series will be not be tensor-enough for you. But Revolution and Rasanter seem to have good bounce compared to Tenergy.

Mar 2021
You ready for Revolution or Rasanter series of rubber?

I think Fastarc and Rakza series will be not be tensor-enough for you. But Revolution and Rasanter seem to have good bounce compared to Tenergy.
Coming from MXP and now Donic Bluestorm and being so used to launching my ball at Mach 2.5 speed, Fastarc and Rakza are just a tad mild, like little timid rabbits in comparison. I hate to brush which means more work which does not sit well with my half lazy arse stroke. I like to smash things, HULK SMASH!

Fastarc series are the de facto brush type rubber if one is into frictionisque fetish.

Tenergy 05 sits well on my BH because of its super duper grippiness, easy for open-ups to enable set-up for my FH HULK SMASH maneuver.

The Rasenter series looks darn promising but lost to Donic due to pricing.

BTW, why is this thread degenerating into an EJ thread???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Coming from MXP and now Donic Bluestorm and being so used to launching my ball at Mach 2.5 speed, Fastarc and Rakza are just a tad mild, like little timid rabbits in comparison. I hate to brush which means more work which does not sit well with my half lazy arse stroke. I like to smash things, HULK SMASH!

Fastarc series are the de facto brush type rubber if one is into frictionisque fetish.

Tenergy 05 sits well on my BH because of its super duper grippiness, easy for open-ups to enable set-up for my FH HULK SMASH maneuver.

The Rasenter series looks darn promising but lost to Donic due to pricing.

Because there are a lot of addicts on the forum and every chance we get, we try to infect more people with the EJ virus.... :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Because you think you can stop learning now and now all the EJ are trying to procure you to join them
So let the righteous me come and save you :ninja:

haha, jokes aside.

You have been very serious in improving and hats off there to you for committing through with it for such a long period of time, and to post videos of your development. So many fear to share videos and you have posted tons of them.

If I was your coach today, I will focus on helping you play and transition more smoothly.
You may think you have the basics, but I do feel you are not smooth in your play and that is fixable with drills and training.

And of course your FH and BH attacking quality can improve too.
There are lots I can help you with.

Reactions: blahness
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
@Gozo, I see it in different perspective here:

You coach thinks that you are hopeless. You can't do any better no matter what he teaches you. So he gave up on you and let you just learn from experience. He is better off training other players who would succeed and elevate his name as the greatest coach on earth.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

You coach thinks that you are hopeless. You can't do any better no matter what he teaches you. So he gave up on you and let you just learn from experience. He is better off training other players who would succeed and elevate his name as the greatest coach on earth.

chances of this happening is there, but slim, because coaches gets paid
so if Gozo continues to pay, coaches would (normally) continue.
Unless the coach wants to groom olympians and need all the time and energy for that

Mar 2021

hey I see the Pickleball bat looks enticingly similar to TT bat but bigger...
Gozo loves big things.

• Haha