Jan Ove Walder hits epic chop!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Yea Danny Heister looked pretty unhappy lol he got J.O'd haha

I guess he didn't even want to play anyway, but he has had to play quite a couple of times due to injuries in the Borussia team. Officially he quit his active career years ago, his job is being the coach of the team, not a player haha. So it is understandable that his level is not great, that attack on which Waldner chopped wasn't really a quality shot as well :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
I guess he didn't even want to play anyway, but he has had to play quite a couple of times due to injuries in the Borussia team. Officially he quit his active career years ago, his job is being the coach of the team, not a player haha. So it is understandable that his level is not great, that attack on which Waldner chopped wasn't really a quality shot as well :p

Haha amazing really, shows how good these teams are in Germany.. If they are a player down a coach can join in :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Haha amazing really, shows how good these teams are in Germany.. If they are a player down a coach can join in :)

Haha yeah.. But of course Heister was a very decent player, so he hasn't lost all of that. And only against some weak number 3's he has a chance in the Bundesliga. He has won a few matches in the past months xD.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
2012 Bundesliga [Fulda vs Düsseldorf] (game3) WALDNER J-O Vs HEISTER Danny [Full Match|Short Form]

Waldner's nickname was "the Mozart of table tennis"

Last edited:

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
2012 Bundesliga [Fulda vs Düsseldorf] (game3) WALDNER J-O Vs HEISTER Danny [Full Match|Short Form]

Thanks Janus! I cannot believe how many amazing shots Jan Ove Waldner hit in this match!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It is a great shot, pretty amazing. But the reason for the shot selection might be the bad back and the slow legs and the extra weight. There was a time when he would have gotten to that ball and ripped it or placed it where they opponent had trouble getting to it. :) But this does not downplay the creativity of the guy, out of position and seemingly put on the ropes, and he comes up with that. Beautiful.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Great video Geca, and wonderful find Dan:) What a defensive chop!! Magician is what he is. He did it with an offensive blade and rubber!! Simply ridiculous!!:)

Thanks for your post,azlan:)
Waldner is the Best,I'll upload other Waldner's videos in the future.

Thanks for this Amazing upload in your style Full Match/Short form and for your dedication in the video bro:)
Keep up the good work.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
@Dan & GECA
You're welcome guys!!! BTW I post also here a chinese video for the player who also called "The evergreen tree" :)

# 1997 WTTC (ms-f) Jan-Ove Waldner Vs Vladimir Samsonov

Note:
That time V. Samsonov was also in one of the highest points of his career, in round of 16 and semis has already won Wang Liqin & Kong Linqhui (who was the World Champion of 1995)

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
@Dan & GECA
You're welcome guys!!! BTW I post also here a chinese video for the player who also called "The evergreen tree" :)

# 1997 WTTC (ms-f) Jan-Ove Waldner Vs Vladimir Samsonov

Note:
That time V. Samsonov was also in one of the highest points of his career, in round of 16 and semis has already won Wang Liqin & Kong Linqhui (who was the World Champion of 1995)

This is a great video. Waldner is really at his best here.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
Waldner is amazing. It is difficult to imagine how anybody could develop a game which includes so many unconventional strokes. How can you have the astonishing skills to incorporate unique shots which no one could ever have taught him. His ability to block but move the bat to incorporate side spin into the return is wonderful. Even today I don't think people get taught such shots.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
lol. J.O'd is like the new "owned" of table tennis - Good one PingPongPom!

Also I'm just happy to see Waldner continuing his career. Wonder how he'd fare in the world rankings today.

P.S - Thanks to the guy who bumped this thread. Wouldn't have got to see this amazing shot otherwise.