Joola Santoru KL-C Outer

Played for the first time today with Joola Santoru KL-C Outer.
Composition is quite similar to Viscaria and I had a chance to compare it right in the club.
From the photo it may look like widths are a little different, but they are identical 1 to 1.
The main difference is top layer — limba vs koto.

But they play quite differently. Obviously rubbers were different, but I got a feeling that Viscaria is more stiff and bouncy.

Regarding the build quality I would say that it is overpriced in my opinion. Donic blades for $40-60 are made with the same quality.
Edges were sanded but not as much for my taste. So I sanded more.

Handle is close to oval and quite thin, which I would prefer to be more square and big.

Will post more updates later here. Here are some photos right out of the box, without additional sanding.

Last edited:
After playing for a while I decided to sell this one because it doesn't fit my playing style.

The blade is OFF- in my opinion, quite soft and flexy. With Hurricane 8-80 setup was too soft for me, so the ball was staying too long on a racket.
Switching to Xiom Vega X and Fastarc G1 helped, because these rubbers are medium hard, but I prefer to keep sticky rubber on FH.
Probably some harder Chinese rubbers will fit, but I don't have ones to test.

With mid-hard tensor rubbers setup was quite playable, but my another setup with Donic Skachkov carbon and Hurricane 8-80 is more powerful and controllable at the same time.

ST handle is too round and as a result too thin for my hand. Probably I should have bought anatomic one (expect FL to be too thin as well).

I think this blade is for intermediate players (maybe 1-3 years of regular training) oriented on looping a first place. With proper rubbers this blade should give huge amount of dwell time. But I believe for $90 there are a lot of other more popular options with better build quality.