Krash Landing in Krooklyn: Der_Echte Breaks the City 1.6

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carl had time to ride with me on the first leg of the subway trip to JFK IA sleeper cell, he had to cut off the after TT discussions at 3 AM or I would have extended the mission end time to 0500 on just sheer enjoyment of TT talk.

Hahahaha Hahahaha. You beat me to this one.

We were talking for hours. And at 3am I was definitely tired. So while Der_ was mid-sentence, I said, "you can keep talking but I'm not listening any more. I'm going to sleep." Hahahaha.

We had so much fun. But I had to crash.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
.... I am going use that line next time , thanks Carl !
Hahahaha Hahahaha. You beat me to this one.

We were talking for hours. And at 3am I was definitely tired. So while Der_ was mid-sentence, I said, "you can keep talking but I'm not listening any more. I'm going to sleep." Hahahaha.

We had so much fun. But I had to crash.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
And, as always, it was frickin' great to see you last night. William pointed out to me last night that on all the adventures we have set up, you initially said you could not come, and then rearranged your schedule to come because of what a good friend of mine you are.

It is great to have solid friends with real heart like everyone who came to cause trouble last night.

Smash mentioned that he hung out in the city for 4 hours with nothing to do. He also drove. For people who do not know the Manhattan cars/parking situation... during the weekdays, it is very hard, almost impossible, to find free parking... get stuck parking in a lot which charges $20+ for an hour or so. THAT is a Good Friend!

The last Goon Squad mission - both Smash and I arrived at ~10:30pm at the Korean Club in Flushing and the squad had already played almost 6 hours! I didn't get to speak to Smash that much. He helped keep score though when Der and I played a set (where Der jedi mind tricked me throughout the match!)

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
By the way, Monster, you should know, I hit with OSPH for a while while he was playing shakehand and I was impressed. He is fairly decent from both wings shakehand.

So much for 9 points. lolol on me. [emoji2]

I thought my phone was still recording. Was happy and surprised i made a RPB loop! Was gonna use it to show Monster that I may stick with PH but no video, no proof LOL

I don't recall what happened, i didn't get to hit with Carl that much as SH. Think the other table was open and I went to play doubles there.

If I hit longer with SH with Carl, he would have seen how bad i actually am!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
we have saying . you don't need to check all the rice in a pot , you can check just one and tell if its cooked or not :) ... what say Carl ? ... now that we have evidence of OSPH 's SH skills , he is trying to set the bar low on purpose ! :)... you can run by you can't hide my friend
I thought my phone was still recording. Was happy and surprised i made a RPB loop! Was gonna use it to show Monster that I may stick with PH but no video, no proof LOL

I don't recall what happened, i didn't get to hit with Carl that much as SH. Think the other table was open and I went to play doubles there.

If I hit longer with SH with Carl, he would have seen how bad i actually am!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Good stuff OSPH ! I will catch up with tomorrow morning ! Saw a bit of Der_Echte and Carl showing off their serves and third ball attack skills ... :) .... I have been on the receiving end of those Der_Echte serves one too many times to not know what Car is going through .... Good hook serves and great block down the line to Der_echte's rambo loop Carl ... point to note .. you just don't let that BHMan open on his backhand, the stuff he does on that side of the table is really unreturnable ... !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Carl & PPH

--------------

that's all i got recorded.

posted videos in length order...

1st vid of night was 1 long video i spliced into 2 was Smash and PPH and PPH with Carl... i think i was next with Carl and thought phone was still recording :(

3rd Carl and 42

then Carl and Der was last

--------

monster and TTD -- enjoy!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carl & PPH

--------------

that's all i got recorded.

posted videos in length order...

1st vid of night was 1 long video i spliced into 2 was Smash and PPH and PPH with Carl... i think i was next with Carl and thought phone was still recording :(

3rd Carl and 42

then Carl and Der was last

--------

monster and TTD -- enjoy!

Around the net attempt at 2:52-2:54 that hits the post.

Successful around the net at 3:06-3:09.

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
IIRC, the first time i ever hit with Carl was at 42's club 2-3 yrs ago ... he was pretty much hitting the around the net shots at will!

I am really out of practice. I felt stiff and rusty a bit slow to the ball. And the biggest thing was my timing and my contact were a bit off. So my spin was not as much as I would like and usually expect.

Better times are coming when I can get to a table more than once every 2 months.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I am really out of practice. I felt stiff and rusty a bit slow to the ball. And the biggest thing was my timing and my contact were a bit off. So my spin was not as much as I would like and usually expect.

Better times are coming when I can get to a table more than once every 2 months.

I haven't played in 3 weeks or so, and was tired from my activities earlier... we were both rusty, however, granted you had a longer layoff than i did ... when you hit with me, you were steady and your shots were good and spinny... mine were all over ... i didn't remember to meet the ball earlier and use shorter strokes due to the smaller hinoki racket and tenergy and missed many many, too many, shots.

You were hitting well with me!!

I started serving my rocket serves... you said my first was good, i said it wasn't what i intended on both speed and placement ... later i got one i liked and you returned to my BH and i punched it down the line missing the table! I am so inconsistent with that shot ... used to be one of my bread and butter shots.