Krash Landing in Krooklyn: Der_Echte Breaks the City 1.6

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
This is for the viewing audience; for clarification of the cast of characters. This photo was already posted earlier. But here, with commentary.

4656d2f57f42daa690a1daa817123213.jpg

Reading left to right here is the anti-goon squad infantry men in attendance.

1) with the red shirt and the priceless expression is Der_Echte
2) the tall guy with the blue shirt and the erudite glasses is 42andbackpains
3) the dashing young gentleman with the charcoal shirt and the smug thumbs up expression is our very own OldSchoolPenHold
4) leaning back in the center of this circus act with the black shirt, arms crossed and the bleached hair is our very own UpSideDownSurferDude
5) next to me with the big smile and the cup raised high to toast the camera lady is the debonair SmashFan
6) and the fine looking young criminal with the sleeveless shirt to show off that his guns are indeed weapons of mass destruction is PingPongHolic

Hopefully that settles that for once and for all. [emoji2]

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
You forgot the dreamcatcher and the smiley face Carl :p ... btw , OSPH for some reason even your one liners are posting with the length of paragraph , don't tell me you are passing some secret back and forth messages between the elite goon squad members hidden within these seemingly harmless posts !
This is for the viewing audience; for clarification of the cast of characters. This photo was already posted earlier. But here, with commentary.

cache.php

Reading left to right here is the anti-goon squad infantry men in attendance.

1) with the red shirt and the priceless expression is Der_Echte
2) the tall guy with the blue shirt and the erudite glasses is 42andbackpains
3) the dashing young gentleman with the charcoal shirt and the smug thumbs up expression is our very own OldSchoolPenHold
4) leaning back in the center of this circus act with the black shirt, arms crossed and the bleached hair is our very own UpSideDownMe
5) next to me with the big smile and the cup raised high to toast the camera lady is the debonair SmashFan
6) and the fine looking young criminal with the sleeveless shirt to show off that his guns are indeed weapons of mass destruction is PingPongHolic

Hopefully that settles that for once and for all. [emoji2]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
btw , OSPH for some reason even your one liners are posting with the length of paragraph , don't tell me you are passing some secret back and forth messages between the elite goon squad members hidden within these seemingly harmless posts !

SHHHH!!! The Goons will be after us soon, IFF (Logic's 'IF and only iF") they do decipher the messages. You just clued them in!

*looks over shoulder and readies ... tea cup*

A few memorable shots I recall (most likely not captured to video though )
42&bp - wicked FH/BH loops ... i'm thinking i can block them and let him loop only to be proven time and time again, don't let him loop lolol
42 is well coached, and has the best techniques out of all of us.

SmashFan - many FH and BH smashes! think i may have met someone who loves to smash more than me
Thou should Smash!! He accomplished one of his goals of the nite!

PingPongHolic does a Liu Guo Liang pick attack ... when i saw it though my kneejerk reaction is a 'superman punch' from MMA. Many wicked fast FH loops that just takes off
PPH thought he was in the octagon with the incoming ball!

Der - many Rambo loops as well as BH down the line
Even in his zombie mode, still able to throw out rambo bullets…

Carl returns a Der Rambo loop! (i believe i have video) - also wicked loop to 42&bp -- think i have vid also.
Carl’s got game! Also, his hook serve is pretty sick…

I had a very lucky punch in doubles ... ball was high, for whatever reason , i didn't step around for FH smash, but punched it. Also had a lucky deep angled 2nd ball push in doubles.
PPH was the victim of these two high quality “lucky” shots…OUCH!
Was great to see everyone! Till the next Goon mission…

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
42 is well coached, and has the best techniques out of all of us.

Thou should Smash!! He accomplished one of his goals of the nite!

Even in his zombie mode, still able to throw out rambo bullets…

PPH was the victim of these two high quality “lucky” shots…OUCH!

Hahahaha.

Great summation. I agree on all accounts.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
By the way, Monster, you should know, I hit with OSPH for a while while he was playing shakehand and I was impressed. He is fairly decent from both wings shakehand.

So much for 9 points. lolol on me. [emoji2]

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
That's a bunch of good looking guys!...is that chicken and beer? Gotta go....

We did things backwards from the normal way. We had chicken and beer first and then did the TT playing, the smack talking and the betting.

I didn't bet. I didn't even let anyone play a match with me. I got people to do 2 serves each like a match with no counting. I am too rusty from 5 months where I only played 6 times. But I felt some of the timing falling into place after OSPH abused me shakehand and then did it all over again PenHold OldSchoolPenHold styley. [emoji2]

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I figured, you guys would have wasted no time at all to shower him with complements ! ;)

I seem to remember them throwing tomatoes. [emoji2]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
LT. Smash_Fan here.
My first post on TTD... totally inspired by last night!!

I hope I'm not getting too personal here, but for any that may not know, Carl had a major trauma and life event recently --- and more than anything it was good to see him in nice spirits enjoying himself.

The group of people I've now hung out with a few times (see pic!) is quickly becoming a group I admire, respect and REALLY enjoy the company off. Good ping pong aside (nice mix of intermediate to 2100+ players), the night was special for me.

Thanks Carl for organizing this and thanks guys for a great eve! Looking forward to many more!!

THE BEST PART OF PONG IS THE PEOPLE

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
OHMYGREATGRANDFATHER ! ...... I called out this epitome of coyish modesty when I saw his video, if not anything he is already 1400 with his shakehand ... LOLOLOLOLOL ....
By the way, Monster, you should know, I hit with OSPH for a while while he was playing shakehand and I was impressed. He is fairly decent from both wings shakehand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016

LOLOLOL

Yeah on the side I'm thinking I can return those serves ... then I get on the table with him and he ACES me!

CHO!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
welcome to TTD smash_fan .... a resounding "we know" to all you said ..
LT. Smash_Fan here.

I hope I'm not getting too personal here, but for any that may not know, Carl had a major trauma and life event recently --- and more than anything it was good to see him in nice spirits enjoying himself.

The group of people I've now hung out with a few times (see pic!) is quickly becoming a group I admire, respect and REALLY enjoy the company off. Good ping pong aside (nice mix of intermediate to 2100+ players), the night was special for me.

Thanks Carl for organizing this and thanks guys for a great eve! Looking forward to many more!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016

LOLOLOL. noooo!

I was all over with my shots, although good for partner loke you to adjust to my randomness, I was not precise in where I was aiming

Worked on my BH more cos I'm trying to see.if I can add the RPB to my old school game which may mean my beloved punch will be phased out

Haven't worked on my FH that much yet

Thank you though for your gracious compliments!

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
LT. Smash_Fan here.

SMASH_FAN IN THE HISOUSE!!!!!

Great to have you jump in on the thread and make a first post in the forum.

These guys know about Alice (my wife) passing away recently and some of them have an idea about how hard things have been for the past few years while Alice was sick and after with taking care of Zoe (daughter).

There actually was a thread on TTDaily where many on the forum expressed their condolences to me.

And, as always, it was frickin' great to see you last night. William pointed out to me last night that on all the adventures we have set up, you initially said you could not come, and then rearranged your schedule to come because of what a good friend of mine you are.

It is great to have solid friends with real heart like everyone who came to cause trouble last night.

Goon Squad mission in effect.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Super Solid Friends we are for each other, real good stuff. Glad to see SmashF ready to cause trouble on the forum, he is my level no matter how bad he says he plays, PPHolic a better level than both of us. NYC missions seem to ALWAYS find me wore the heck out the day prior and the of the mission, but seeing the friends and hearing the ball bounce make me forget being tired.

Carl had time to ride with me on the first leg of the subway trip to JFK IA sleeper cell, he had to cut off the after TT discussions at 3 AM or I would have extended the mission end time to 0500 on just sheer enjoyment of TT talk.