Liu Shiwen is Champion of London and stops Ding Ning in her tracks! (VIDEO)

On the 26th November 2011 China's Liu Shiwen defeated compatriot Ding Ning by 4 straight games to become the Women's Singles Champion at the ITTF Pro Tour Grand Finals. The London Excel Arena was electrifying as Liu won the last point of the match!

xin_36205062020163121378335.jpg

Photo by: XuHua/ Xu Yu

Liu Shiwen's victory stopped Ding Ning to produce a historic record in which Zhang Yining holds. Only 1 player ever player has won the Grand Slam in the same year except super star Zhang Yining. The Grand Slam consists of winning the World Championships, World Cup and the Pro Tour Grand Finals.

More surprisingly if Ding Ning won, she would have beat Zhang Yining's record as no player has ever won the World Championships, World Cup, World Team Cup as well as the Pro Tour Grand Finals in the same year. Ding Ning was so close!

However, lets not forget on how amazing Liu Shiwen's performance. What fine form Liu is in right now. The Champion won in impressive 4 straight games with scores 11-5, 11-3, 11-9 and 11-9.

Thanks to the ITTF.com we have an interview of Liu on her Victory

The Men's Semi Finals and final begin tomorrow at 2pm GMT. Be sure to log into our ITTF Live Stream with integrated chat!

Click here: to watch the matches in the ITTF Live Stream with Integrated Chat!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Wow damn I really wanted Ding Ning to win but looks like she got convincingly slayed...4-0? > . < damn

Yeah was interesting. I really thought Ding Ning would of given her all. As she would of had an awesome title and historic meaning. However Liu came flying out the blocks and whatever Ding tried, just Liu found a better solution. The girls have probably played one another 1000 times and no each others games so well, its anyones game on the day

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
I say Liu, Ding Ning & Sarah are damn hot! :D