Long time no see guys... and some news!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Hello community!, how are you people?, it has been a long time since my last post here! how are you doing?

well i have been away for a while because i'm going to be a Father!!!!, that's what is taking all the time away!!!, well, taking care of my wife... i have just knew last friday that he is going to be a boy!!! and well that is why i'm away at this moment...!!!

anyway i wanted to share this with you and some other things.

if you remember i was trying to propose to the city hall to have TT as one of the sports discipline and it didn't work, at least not in the short term.

last tuesday we ended third on the first inter enterprises tournament of the year (there are three per year) so we are really happy, but i need some help.

i need help on my serve, i am a penhold lefty and my serve is the greatest weapon of my enemy... is there any tutorial video that could help me?

well... i'm really happy, this is my first son... i can´t believe it

see ya guys!!

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
Hey, Congrats dude! Just scream it out to the world and smile while you can!! (Before you get these endless nights for 2 years straight where you want to suffocate him if it would just make him stop crying every 15 minutes)

The serve tutorial video's are all over youtube, just enter some keywords there.

I'm not sure I've seen any Penhold-serve tutorials though, since I've never looked for them...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
First of all, congratulations!! :D

I think for serving you can learn from shakehand serves as well. Or just watch matches where people like Ma Lin/Wang Hao play and learn from their serves. The most important thing is to practise, to try out motions, get a good feeling with the ball and if you try many different types of serving, some will be good, some will be bad. Obviously you can use the good ones, perfect them and use them in matches.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Awesome news Sir Guerra! I'm happy for you and your family..
I would like to know, Sir, if you will train your son to play table tennis :D

For service videos, I would recommend mirroring some pros' training serve vids on the net :)

oh my friend! of course i'll make him train this unique sport!!!

just thinking that maybe i will can play with him makes me happy!!!

azlan man, thanks a lot, you have a great attitud helping others!!, well everybody here has that attitude

thanks people!!!... the question is... will he be penhold or shakehand?? hahaha

how many of you have taught your children to play TT?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Cigar to everyone!! That's a great news buddy:) CONGRATULATIONS!!

Too bad I don't smoke haha, I will take a candy cigar then :p

oh my friend! of course i'll make him train this unique sport!!!

just thinking that maybe i will can play with him makes me happy!!!

azlan man, thanks a lot, you have a great attitud helping others!!, well everybody here has that attitude

thanks people!!!... the question is... will he be penhold or shakehand?? hahaha

how many of you have taught your children to play TT?

Not even married Sir haha.
But I will train my kids for the sport for sure..

You might want to ask sir JKC (Fred the future-chinese-pwner's Papa) about coaching young players :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Congratulations. What olvarox said is pretty accurate. :) But it is worth it. My daughter is 9 and even though, in some ways the worst, or scariest, is yet to come, it is all worth it. :)

As far as penhold serves, I thought this video was pretty decent. I came from this thread on TTDaily:

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?2875-Learning-New-serves&highlight=serves

The thread was started by: blizzardz

I think this guy has more serve videos if you look at his YouTube Channel.

Good luck.

Last edited: