Ma long backspin sidespin variation serve demo (Ma long's second serve motion)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
I am in complete disgreement on the way we see it.

The actual, correct path for you. Not the one you choose

To say I chose to do it would be false because I said early that is the best thing I could do. So, it is inherently natural to me.

Further, SvaDharma is a subjective issue and I will leave it everyone's own interpretation

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
I don't understand one thing though, as Carl stressed as you practice your service evolves naturally, and I guess Ma Long's service came to be how it is today after a lot of practicing. So, is it possible for someone who hasn't practiced his services that much to get the same result by copying ? From my experience from practicing my guess is no...

I would say pareto logic is applicable here. To get 80% done, you need 20% effort. My aim is not achieve perfection,. But getting the most fundamental things right. As carl had pointed out many things ought to be changed. But, it doesn't years or months to improve this serve. Just keep focus, right attitude, the ability to fail and comeback to ground zero. So, In my experience I would say it is possible

Then I say, Prove it ;)
Well I am kidding but I practice services consistently some time now, so let me tell you this, yes you could get 80% done with 20% effort, but, you can easily put a lot of effort and get nothing and that's because some little details make it impossible to execute the serve, and the problem is that you will need extra effort to get rid of that mistake that has become a habit.
But I see your point. Also I saw your facebook account and you are really good at chess, congrats !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Then I say, Prove it ;)
Well I am kidding but I practice services consistently some time now, so let me tell you this, yes you could get 80% done with 20% effort, but, you can easily put a lot of effort and get nothing and that's because some little details make it impossible to execute the serve, and the problem is that you will need extra effort to get rid of that mistake that has become a habit.
But I see your point. Also I saw your facebook account and you are really good at chess, congrats !

You are quite when saying

you can easily put a lot of effort and get nothing and that's because some little details make it impossible to execute the serve, and the problem is that you will need extra effort to get rid of that mistake that has become a habit.

In my own experience, to serve the heavy backspin consumed many days in immersion. Because, I was missing the minute details of brushing through the ball. I would say it is a mixture of chance, perseverance and talent.

Other thing is till you capture your motions in the camera, you don't really know what you actually serve and what you think you serve. Then, when reality strikes, you come to ground zero and have to start again. It is a hell lot of time gone wasted compared to the results one reaps. But, that is lfe.

Yeah, chess taught me a lot about learning new things. The path was rough but it paid out well

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Although i agree that it is way better to originate than to duplicate, but on the other hand i wouldn´t be 'pms'-ing too much about this either. As long as you don´t run around and sign autographs as Ma Long there´s not much to worry about... ;)

Look where these serves got you. I´ve seen other people not copying someone else´s serve but also not even getting CLOSE to serving as good as you do. You really seem to have a talent for that. Keep it up, no matter what others might say or write...

Last edited:
Reactions: Siva Schopenhauer
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Although i agree that it is way better to originate than to duplicate, but i wouldn´t be 'pms'-ing to much about this either.

Look where these serves got you. I´ve seen other people not copying someone else´s serve but also not even getting CLOSE to serving as good as you do. You really seem to have a talent for that. Keep it up, no matter what others might say or write...

Thanks Suga, Yeah it was too much bitching around from my side. Never mind!

When I was serving like myself, I didn't know anything about spin, deception, racket angles and feel. I owe everything to the ****ing internet, youtube and to the community. I hope of coming back with videos with explanation to share what I have learned. Thanks a ton for giving a hand:D:eek:

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
You're very welcome. I think everybody can learn from everyone.
Like Marley said: each one teach one. ;)
Plus
We only can show you where the fruits are growing. You have to pick them for yourself, if you know what i'm sayin' ;)

Keep it up, buddy.

Marley is a great guy, I start crying whenever he sings. I knew very little of him but still there is something so profound :)