Who's says being a professional sportsman doesn't give you time to study? Last week Ma Long won the 2017 World Championships, this week Ma Long just graduated at the Shanghai Jiao Tong University with a degree in Economics and Management!

malonggraduate2017.jpg

Ma Long graduating!

Degrees usually take 4 years but not in Ma Long's case. Due to his ridiculously busy training and compeititon schedule Ma Long did his degree over 6 years and successfully graduated yesterday on the 9th June 2017. The University Ma Long attended is one of the highest rated in China which has had former students including Liu Guoliang, Qin Zhijian, Wang Liqin and Xu Xin.

Last year the World Number 1 and recent World Champion attended a lot of lessons during the breaks between the rounds of the prestigious Chinese Super League. Ma Long's thesis was about marketing strategies for the China Super League.

Leaked images below of Ma Long during his thesis presentation!

malonggraduateleaked2017.jpg

1malonggraduateleaked2017.jpg

4malonggraduate2017.jpg

In a section of Ma Long's thesis two pie charts can be seen which display a survey of the popularity of table tennis in China within amateur players. In Ma Long's conclusion he lists 4 things that need to be done in the future for the growth of the Chinese Super League which outline: to clarify the property rights; improve commercialization and marketing; partner with sponsors; make the match more interactive, spectacular and entertaining.

So there you have it, Ma Long has an education to fall back on if he needs it. We think his table tennis career will keep him going for a little while :) Congratulations Ma Long! A super human!

Like and tweet our articles to the World. Lets spread the word of Table Tennis.
Photos by: qq.com
TableTennisDaily

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
I don't quite get what the arguments are about.

Does Shanghai Jiao Tong U have rules on graduation? Yes, World Champion Liu Guozheng did not get degree from this school because of lack of attendance. Wang Liqin, Qin Zhijian and Xu Xin are not grand slam winners, but they managed to graduate. Xu Xin was admitted in 2009 and graduated in 2015 while Ma Long was admitted in 2011; this info can be found on the website of the school.

Does Shanghai Jiao Tong U offer some easy courses or convenient way for study to Ma Long and other athletes? Of course, the athletes are busy training and tournaments. But they still have to attend the classes and pass exams even if the classes and exams may be easier than regular ones. Liu Guoliang, Qin Zhijian, Xu Xin all wrote about taking classes on their Tecent Weibo when they were at school years ago.

Did Ma Long attend classes and take exams? Yes, there are reports from Liu Guoliang and Li Wujun (CCTV journalist), and leaked photos from his schoolmates.
Liu Guoliang's Sina Weibo on Jan 14, 2017. "On weekends, Captain Long and else are taking classes and ML is trying to graduate from Shanghai Jiao Tong U this year....."
cache.php

Li Wujun's Sina Weibo on Mar 15, 2017. "To attend the DHS charity event, Ma Long came to Shanghai 2 days ago. However, DHS staffs have not seen him around. Instead, he went to classes for two days in Shanghai Jiao Tong University. Last year, he took spare time to go to school between training/matches of CTTSL. Good for him!"
http://imgur.com/a/ctBpn (I don't know why the embedded image did not show)

Who else of CNT are admitted by Shanghai Jiao Tong U? Shang Kun, Yu Ziyang, Kong Lingxuan, Zhou Kai, Zhu Cheng, etc. They are not even world champions.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews

Does Shanghai Jiao Tong U have rules on graduation? Yes, World Champion Liu Guozheng did not get degree from this school because of lack of attendance. Wang Liqin, Qin Zhijian and Xu Xin are not grand slam winners, but they managed to graduate. Xu Xin was admitted in 2009 and graduated in 2015 while Ma Long was admitted in 2011; this info can be found on the website of the school.

Does Shanghai Jiao Tong U offer some easy courses or convenient way for study to Ma Long and other athletes? Of course, the athletes are busy training and tournaments. But they still have to attend the classes and pass exams even if the classes and exams may be easier than regular ones. Liu Guoliang, Qin Zhijian, Xu Xin all wrote about taking classes on their Tecent Weibo when they were at school years ago.

Did Ma Long attend classes and take exams? Yes, there are reports from Liu Guoliang and Li Wujun (CCTV journalist), and leaked photos from his schoolmates.
Liu Guoliang's Sina Weibo on Jan 14, 2017. "On weekends, Captain Long and else are taking classes and ML is trying to graduate from Shanghai Jiao Tong U this year....."
cache.php

Li Wujun's Sina Weibo on Mar 15, 2017. "To attend the DHS charity event, Ma Long came to Shanghai 2 days ago. However, DHS staffs have not seen him around. Instead, he went to classes for two days in Shanghai Jiao Tong University. Last year, he took spare time to go to school between training/matches of CTTSL. Good for him!"

Who else of CNT are admitted by Shanghai Jiao Tong U? Shang Kun, Yu Ziyang, Kong Lingxuan, Zhou Kai, Zhu Cheng, etc. They are not even world champions.

I think most of us agree with you. Everything is already told in this thread.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews

cache.php

So what you are telling me is because there are leaked photos and questions from journalists, ML had the same treatment with all the other students and worked equal amount of effort. Sorry but I find it hard to believe it, no hate towards ML or any other athlete who does that, its about opportunities I would do the same , besides even his thesis was about table tennis and not global or china economy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Oh my god are you guys pessimistic. We've seen it all over the world, wasn't too long ago the greatest defender in the world of football received a degree in economics (Giorgio Chiellini in Italy). In Europe they can have it all, family, free time and still be the best in the world. What says Ma Long can't have a degree and be the best in table tennis? Does he even have a relationship?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Oh my god are you guys pessimistic. We've seen it all over the world, wasn't too long ago the greatest defender in the world of football received a degree in economics (Giorgio Chiellini in Italy). In Europe they can have it all, family, free time and still be the best in the world. What says Ma Long can't have a degree and be the best in table tennis? Does he even have a relationship?

I dont think I am pessimistic, me and some other users just pointed out that ML's achievement and graduation is a big exaggerated by the media. The day has 24hrs and you have to eat sleep and train like a pro, the top students in economics do the exact same thing but they study hard instead of training, its not that ML was "awarded" this degree but his position in the CNT definitely helped, that's all ...and Im down with that I would do the same if I liked it

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
At the end of the day, believe it or not, its your business. Doesnt bring any further benefit to the school that has given ML a degree or ML himself.
Regarding how the top athelets still can manage to get a college degree, asks USA Olympic team. How on earth Stanford Univ has 31 athelets participating OG 2016? must have been super exaggerated by the media then ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
At the end of the day, believe it or not, its your business. Doesnt bring any further benefit to the school that has given ML a degree or ML himself.
Regarding how the top athelets still can manage to get a college degree, asks USA Olympic team. How on earth Stanford Univ has 31 athelets participating OG 2016? must have been super exaggerated by the media then ;)

Sent from my ma long bandwagon using Tapatalk

you compare different situations/systems to prove a point. in USA there are scholarships for good athletes as far as I know and may I ask you how many of these athletes actually do follow what they study when they have a promising and profitable career instead (if they have it, and if they are top top world class like malong, how many of them are they out of 31)? I bet they are world class champs at their studies...or not :)

We are not talking only about OG athletes here but top in the world and world champs.

shaquille oneal was if not the best , one of the best centers in the world, at one point in his career he did tons of commercials,he did movies, he released 2 hiphop album if I remember correctly, but no NBA champ ring, can you think why that happened?

Then he had a talk with phil jackson, his coach, who told him, stop everything else and focus on training and the rings and mvp titles came at a convincing manner. CAn you guess why is that also/??

All Im saying is that with having a specific time to train and be top in the world u cant be at the same level as all the other students who study hard when you train hard, that is were the media exaggerates, as I said in my other post he didnt analyze global economics, but a topic he was already familiar with for the past 10-12 years.