Marvellous 12 2019

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
After a little quick check, the BTY A40+ is the official ball for WTTC Budapest.

This user has no status.
Like they are intimidating their neighbors now?

Hey tropical, I'm all for peace in the world (being Democrat and all). But we really should think twice (or twenty times) before accusing any other nation of hostile foreign policy. American foreign policy is employing of violence, subterfuge, and intimidation on a global scale. So who are we to accuse a regional power of following in our footsteps. :D

Reactions: RidTheKid
This user has no status.
Tit for tat will get you only so far, and in the end whataboutism is nothing but a simple fallacy.

I lived near a less well to do suburb, one day. In some areas, it wasn't entirely uncommon for people just to toss their waste out of their windows. Their excuse would typically be that their neighbours did so too.

That was and is not a valid excuse. Yes, the US has a very poor track record, recently and over the longer term, as a world citizen. That's no free pass for other countries to misbehave.

yoass, you are definitely right. A crime is a crime, no matter how common it is. But as an American, I'm keenly aware of what my country has done to others. I'm not so shameless as to accuse others of misdeeds, for which my country is all too guilty.

Reactions: Atas Newton
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Speaking of some actually important things, I like this new Li-Ning uniform much more than what they wear at World Tour events now.
I know right! I thought about commenting on it but forgot

I wish I had a job so I could buy the new ones, it suits very well them, specially the girls, who uses it outside the shorts/skirt

Enviado de meu SM-J250Y usando o Tapatalk

Jan 2018
We got a bully as the POTUS but the Chinese got the bully in their blood. Two wrong's don't make a right. At least US doesn't invade Venezuela while the Chinese shamelessly occupied territory/water body don't belong to them.
1539183763070.gif

The US government should cede territory back to Native Americans
If the federal government claims that the US is a nation of natives rather than immigrants, that test is no longer met. If the federal government no longer asserts the principle on which its own sovereignty is based, no longer sustains the Doctrine of Discovery. Following Marshall’s reasoning, Native Americans would then have, in his words, a “legal and just claim to retain possession” of what is now the United States of America.

We have a responsibility to know and face our history, the indefensible as well as the praiseworthy. To deny our past as immigrants is to deny ourselves the chance of understanding who we are, for better and for worse. It is also, following the very logic and law of America, to abandon our claim to the dominion over territory, and to restore the land to those who first called it home.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
Jan 2018
This will be my last reply since I don't want to ruin this great thread, and because you've tarnished the image of the US enough already.

If I may remind you that your origin country owes my government this much?

https://www.scmp.com/article/416313/hk-urged-write-116b-refugee-debt
The United Nations' refugee agency has asked the Hong Kong government to write off $1.16 billion it is said to owe for the upkeep of Vietnamese boat people who arrived from the late 1970s to the 1990s.

The then-colonial government controversially paid the amount in advances to feed and house about 220,000 Vietnamese asylum seekers on behalf of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.

The UN body has previously said it cannot repay the money but this is the first time that it has urged the government to write off the sum.

...Hong Kong has spent $8.71 billion on the Vietnamese refugee and migrant programme since 1979, in addition to the $1.16 billion.

Last edited: